It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arctic Ice melts due to the Magnetic North Pole migration

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by rootzgemini

Could be true, USDA even mentions the shift.
I believe it is very true, as a degree compared thinks is like planet would have a very slow pulsar inside that pulses a snail speed creating a convection.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
People get the whole north and south pole idea confused with the auctually axis the earth is tilted on which is what causes our seasons and global climate not the magnetic poles.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
beating a dead horse here but, EDGAR CAYCE said this would happen and then went on to say that because of this the coasts of the US and Europe will be gone ( flooded )

There is a summit here in my state of Florida in a few months i think to address the flooding during high tide..

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Really ? There is so many reasons why the ice in the Arctic is melting, I can't see how a wandering magnetic field can be one of them.

I believe it is very true, as a degree compared thinks is like planet would have a very slow pulsar inside that pulses a snail speed creating a convection.

Are you seriously suggesting that our planet has a very slow pulsar in it ?

*head explodes...

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Not a pulsar but the Earth magnetic core is acting like one,a very slow one.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by wlord

beating a dead horse here but, EDGAR CAYCE said this would happen and then went on to say that because of this the coasts of the US and Europe will be gone
The problem is that now everything is happening with a very high speed from years to days.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
reply to post by wlord

beating a dead horse here but, EDGAR CAYCE said this would happen and then went on to say that because of this the coasts of the US and Europe will be gone
The problem is that now everything is happening with a very high speed from years to days.

so i guess the sea level rise will increase faster O.o

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by wlord

reply to post by wlord

so i guess the sea level rise will increase faster O.o
Maybe in some parts of the world ,caused by multiple phenomena.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Not a pulsar but the Earth magnetic core is acting like one,a very slow one.

The origin of the Earth's magnetic field is not completely understood, but is thought to be associated with electrical currents produced by the coupling of convective effects and rotation in the spinning liquid metallic outer core of iron and nickel. This mechanism is termed the dynamo effect.
source(csep10.phys.utk.edu...

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

I see your train of thoughts here, but the analogy is a bit of a stretch.

A pulsar work like a beacon of electromagnetic energy.

This radiation can only be observed when the beam of emission is pointing towards the Earth, much the way a lighthouse can only be seen when the light is pointed in the direction of an observer, and is responsible for the pulsed appearance of emission.

Source

Also the magnetic field of the pulsars is astronomically (heheh) more intense.

From what I understand, convection currents comes from the core rotation, and is also the cause for our magnetic field.
Witch brings me back to your OP. I Think that it is unlikely that the melting of the ice at the pole is due to the shifting of earth's magnetic fields.

edit on 20-2-2012 by SolidGoal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SolidGoal

Same thing another size and energy, as no one has ever traveled inside the Earth to provide real data or how really works.

The origin of the Earth's magnetic field is not completely understood

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Same thing another size and energy, as no one has ever traveled inside the Earth to provide real data or how really works.

The origin of the Earth's magnetic field is not completely understood

As far as I know, no one ever measured a beam of electromagnetic energy (except man-made ones of course) emanating from the earth in a periodic fashion. Be it low energy or not.

Since no one can travel to the center of the earth to gather actual facts, and I have read some of your previous threads, I feel the argument is moot and not worth debating.

Good luck.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by rootzgemini
The ice could be melting due to the shift in the north pole, warmer weather is getting up there. It might not be the reason, but I found a 6 minute video that would explain it easier than typing. Basically the "north pole" is in Siberia now.... not the land mass just the northern axis point. Its much easier to watch than explain. Could be true, USDA even mentions the shift.

www.youtube.com...

The magnetic pole has always shifted/moved around. I really don't understand why a magnetic shift would have any effects in temperature, since the physical axis/tllt of earth has not shifted at all.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by angrysniper
Might actually have something to do with the ozone layer.

Might actually have something to do with the sun, and then the shifting magnetic fields determine atmospheric distribution.

Frank Tipler in 1994:

The sun is becoming more luminous every day, and in about 7 billion years its outer atmosphere will have expanded to engulf the Earth. Owing to atmospheric friction, the Earth will then spiral into the Sun, and the Earth will vaporize. . .But the physical destruction of the entire Earth is not the only danger the biosphere faces. As the luminosity of the Sun increases, the surface of the Earth heats up, making it too hot for life and, in addition, silicate rocks weather more readily, causing atmospheric carbon dioxide to fall below the critical level for photosynthesis. One of these two effects will wipe out the entire biosphere between 900 million and 1.5 billion years from now.

Jasper Kirby in 1998:

The sun and cosmic rays will probably be able to account for somewhere between a half and the whole of the increase in the Earth's temperature that we have seen in the last century.

CERN's CLOUD experiment results in 2011:

63 CERN scientists from 17 European and American institutes have. . .demonstrated that cosmic rays promote the formation of molecules that in Earth’s atmosphere can grow and seed clouds, the cloudier and thus cooler it will be. Because the sun’s magnetic field controls how many cosmic rays reach Earth’s atmosphere (the stronger the sun’s magnetic field, the more it shields Earth from incoming cosmic rays from space), the sun determines the temperature on Earth.

edit on 20-2-2012 by imherejusttoread because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Once upon a time the earth experienced a huge solar flare that bent the atmosphere to touch the ground. Everything in this area froze instantly. This event caused the air in that part of the world to rush away at speeds exceeding 300 miles an hour. Within hours after the event the the atmosphere started to rebound. The returning wind pulled water back and it hit the flash frozen ice and immediately froze to form a glacier. These winds created tsunamis and the tsunamis created quakes. In the end of one day the world was a mess. For about a month afterwards there were torrential storms till the energy created by the event finally calmed down.

Although this story has little validity, it is still possible. My theory is just as wrong as most of the others. I do not lack imagination but I do lack true knowledge. No man knows for sure what has happened on earth in the past.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by juleol

I really don't understand why a magnetic shift would have any effects in temperature
Because of the convection phenomena that Earth's core has on the atmosphere in that region.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Be it low energy or not.
Reported a very large surface.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by imherejusttoread

Might actually have something to do with the sun,
They are all interconnected but each affects different.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Be it low energy or not.
Reported a very large surface.

Sigh... I'll bite again.
Any facts for this ?
What was the intensity of the field ? (in Gauss)
What was the period of the pulse ?
When did it occurred ?
What surface area did it covered ? (km)
Where did it occurred ? (coordinates)
Who measured it ?
What instrument did they used ?
And how does all this corroborates your OP ?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
in my geography class last year one of the topics was on the polar ice caps

they said the poles are acceleratingly melting, especially in the north

that the more the ice melts the less the albido and the more heat is absorbed by the water
its just small changes each year but increasing exponentially

in the class they said it would last 30 years... which is scary on its own
it wouldnt surprise me though if it happened faster, they wouldn't let us know in class if they really had any knowledge of it melting faster or the poles moving
then again i dont think the scientists even really understand wats going on

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join