It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bigfoot of San Juan video.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Something I couldn't explain from my vacation in the San juan Mountains of Colorado. This ia all I could get on my camera. I thought it was a bear then a very large man

Well here is a short video, that has been investigated by the show 'Finding Bigfoot' and shown to be authentic.

It is interesting as we see the whole creature walking across around and back to the water.

I never understand why these people do not keep the camera rolling and maybe approach the creature, as it would dispel a lot of criticism.

Anyway, I thought it was an interesting and like the video so I thought I would share.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
wow very interesting but like you pointed out, why not keep the camera rolling or try to interact with it? Im going to lean more to the "man in a costume" side.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Seems rather staged to me. Why in the hell would you quit rolling after 22 seconds? I also like how it's edited perfectly in the beginning so that the thing pops out. My guess? The guys buddy.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

I never understand why these people do not keep the camera rolling and maybe approach the creature, as it would dispel a lot of criticism.

That's what gets me too Pred, such a monumental moment, then the camera stops
I would expect to hear a little "holy moly, look at this," commentary too. It looked more human than sasquatch to me, which sounds funny since I have never actually seen a sasquatch.
It did seem to take some long strides, but why was the camera there in the first place?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
That show has alot to gain by "authenticating" that video. Just sayin

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Seems rather staged to me. Why in the hell would you quit rolling after 22 seconds? I also like how it's edited perfectly in the beginning so that the thing pops out. My guess? The guys buddy.

Yah it does seem to be well orchestrated to me. The whole 22 seconds just seem to well packed to show off the "Bigfoot". I don't know why people think they need to cut the videos down to just what part they want everyone to see (in the case of non-hoaxers).

If this is real where hell is the rest of it? What happens after the video ends? This is why when I see videos edited like this I have say fake.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I don't think it was cropped, he did state that was all he could fit on his phone, I know some older phones and newer ones without a memory card will limit videos anywhere from 15 seconds to a minute in length and stop on their own Due to memory space. Maybe that's what happened here.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I've never been one to criticize the length of a vid ALONE, let's face it there's about a million reasons why a video could get cut off or end up being shortened on the internet. Problem is the amount of issues makes this video suspect. Shortness comes into play, the subject in question moves not unlike a human(we don't know much about sasquatches maybe they move much like us), it's being used for a show, there doesn't seem to be any info from or background on whoever filmed it, there's no reaction to base anything on(although no reaction could be the most authentic depending....).

Nice vid but my guts tell me hoax. Definitely not a bear. Either a real bigfoot, but probably a hoax. Not a hoax for any one reason, a hoax because there are a lot of things that don't seem to work here. I'll keep an open mind but til I hear more, my official stance is hoax. Which is different than misinterpretation....this seems to be a flat out hoax.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
What gets me is the person filming is standing out in the open, and the “creature” does not appear to notice him at all. I would think that if it was a real Bigfoot then it would have seen him or her standing there, and either hauled ass or attacked. Does anybody know if this Todd Standing guy with the Sylvanic organization is legit or not.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CharlesBronson

again, these are details that you have NO WAY of knowing, should they be considered, yes, but take them with a grain of salt. You have no idea if the person filming is out in the open, they could be somewhat hidden or perhaps simply missed by squatch, maybe they have camo on? To assume the squatch would either attack or run is still a wild assumption. Considering no one can definitively proof the existence of the beast then how can anyone possibly know how it behaves?

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206

again, these are details that you have NO WAY of knowing, should they be considered, yes, but take them with a grain of salt. You have no idea if the person filming is out in the open, they could be somewhat hidden or perhaps simply missed by squatch, maybe they have camo on? To assume the squatch would either attack or run is still a wild assumption. Considering no one can definitively proof the existence of the beast then how can anyone possibly know how it behaves?

Slow down, I did not say that I knew anything I was only making an observation. And why would I take being out in the open the woods with a grain of salt? And it sure looks to me like there just standing there in the middle of the stream possible elevated to some degree. And if they were wearing camouflage the again why were they standing out in the open? The “Fight or Flight” instinct is engrained in just about every living organism on the planet. Furthermore based on contact/sighting locations, times of year that the contact/ sightings occurred, and the events that transpired you can begin to build a model of how something behaves. Just Sayin that’s all. O and I forgot it was on the "Finding Bigfoot" show.....HOAX
:lol
edit on 18-2-2012 by CharlesBronson because: Bigfoot

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Why dont they go closer you ask? Think about it for a sec. if that is a real bigfoot that could be dangeorus. That is a 7 to 10 feet tall creature weighing 800 pounds. It could kill a man within a blink of an eye. So that would be a stupid idea. Even smaller animal like deers can do a lot of damage if provoken so.. About the video: I think it's fake.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187

Pred...

Because bigfoot is not real.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
From 1949-present, a 62 year period, 14 Bigfoot burials or possible Bigfoot graveyards have been seen. Therefore, Bigfoot burials or graveyards are seen every 4.4 years, about once every 4 1/2 years.

If this is a fact , WHY are no bones carbon dated , DNA etc , samples taken from the burial grounds to prove to the world that this creature walks the planet.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Droidinvoid

Were are there mounds at? I have never heard of anyone ever finding one.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

This is the classic argument for the nonexistence of Bigfoots, Yetis, Almas, Mawas, Yerens, Yowies, Orang Pendeks and other relict hominids.

It’s a good argument as far as it goes. But what are the chances of finding a whole dead body of anything in the woods? Very slim. My friends found a dead bobcat once, but they had to scale a waterfall from a deep pool to do it. I’ve found any dead anything. In regions where there is a huge deer population, you can find a few deer bones here and there. You will certainly never find a whole skeleton or a whole dead deer unless it’s road-killed.

Most animals are not discovered by finding a dead body or bones. They are found by shooting a specimen, which is then called a type specimen, and is thereby known to science.

Bigfoots appear to carry off their dead. They are sometimes hit by cars, but in those cases, the Bigfoots usually just ran off after being hit by the cars. In one case, a woman hit a Bigfoot and was killed in the accident. The Bigfoot was also killed. Authorities sealed off the area, and when researchers went back the next day, the body was gone.

In the past 35 years or so, there are reports of a government coverup regarding dead and injured Bigfoots. Prior to 35 years ago, we received no such reports outside the military.

Bigfoots live in family groups. Where you see one, there are others about. Bigfoots seem to carry off their dead. In the Siege of Honobia in Oklahoma, a Bigfoot was shot and possibly killed, but was apparently carried off by the others. A roadkilled Bigfoot would probably be carried off by the others.

There is also evidence that Bigfoots bury their dead.

robertlindsay.wordpress.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Thanks for the info. I personally belive in bigfoot.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I'm calling bunk on that website you posted. I think BF is probably real, but a lot of those references either sound like BS, or they are just vague descriptions.

It is mind boggling to think that in 2012, we still haven't captured or killed a bigfoot.
I don't know why that is, but Scramjet76 has suggested that perhaps the creature is in fact somehow associated with alien phenomenon.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Do you really think in these hard economic times with 49 million Americans living on or below the poverty line , that if a bunch of them could set out to catch , photograph , film and capture a Bigfoot they would. The dudes would be overnight millionaires with a bidding war from the TV networks and press.
I would say if the creature is fact , we now have more chance of a capture , with people attracted to the financial incentive.............KERCHING.......... I am not holding my breath .

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

LOL.....I highly doubt out of 49 million broke people that even 5 or ten of them are considering capturing bigfoot in some way shape or form in order to ease their financial woes.....

really dude?

join