It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Judge Fights Back

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Texas Judge Fights Back Against Hate From Newt Gingrich And The Christian Right

A federal judge in Texas is fighting back against attacks by Newt Gingrich and the religious right. After receiving death threats and being labeled as an out of control activist judge for ruling that schools cannot sponsor student led prayer at graduation ceremonies, the Honorable Fred Biery fired back in a personal statement included in the ruling in Schultz v. Medina Valley.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

“To the United States Marshal Service and local police who have provided heightened security: Thank you.

To those Christians who have venomously and vomitously cursed the Court family and threatened bodily harm and assassination: In His name, I forgive you.

To those who have prayed for my death: Your prayers will someday be answered, as inevitably trumps probability.

To those in the executive and legislative branches of government who have demagogued this case for their own political goals: You should be ashamed of yourselves.”

The level of hatred being directed at this person, for upholding the freedom of religion in America, is unreal. What sort of message does it send when supposed religious 'leaders' and political 'leaders' like Gingrich engage in this sort of vitriol, of flat-out hatred of this man for standing by the principle that everyone can engage in any religion of their choosing, and can practice it without fear of persecution - yet be free of coercion into a religious ceremony or prayer they would rather not participate in? For Jews, Hindus, Muslim, Amerindians, a Christian prayer at the graduation ceremony must be one awkward moment. We know the level of peer pressure at schools, "comply or be cast out" (to paraphrase Rush).

Further;

Judge Biery then referenced the Bible to answer his Christian critics:

“Any American can pray, silently or verbally, seven days a week, twenty four hours a day, in private as Jesus taught or in large public events as Mohammed instructed.”

The Judge is referring to Matthew 6:6 in which Jesus states:

“But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.”
Source: King James Bible, Cambridge Edition.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

I still don’t understand why all these Christians are complaining when they could just pray to their god and get the decision reversed.
Or do they not believe in prayer?
Tad hypocritical don’t you think.

Imagine the uproar by these same Christians if schools wanted to start saying a Muslim prayer or something like that.
These people are happy for their freedoms to be destroyed and that makes them a danger to society.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Another case of Christians being un-Christianly.

The hypocracy is overwhelming

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCommentator

I still don’t understand why all these Christians are complaining when they could just pray to their god and get the decision reversed.

well, they have been praying to god, not to reverse the court decision, but apparently to come down and murder the judge and his family.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
reply to post by TheCommentator

well, they have been praying to god, not to reverse the court decision, but apparently to come down and murder the judge and his family.

Funny they think it will work for that but resort to complaining publically about the actual decision itself.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
First of all, Christians can be some of the nuttiest,fearful,judgemental, out of touch people I have ever met but,
Let's not lump them all together.
Let's try to avoid sweeping generalizations.
They are not all violent nor do they all wish death on evil doers.

There is plenty of room in this world for people of all beliefs no matter how insane they may be.

I do appreciate the irony though.
There is no shortage of Christians out there giving "Christians" a bad name.
I would expect for the "Less nutty" amoungst you to condemn this behavior.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
Another case of Christians being un-Christianly.

The hypocracy is overwhelming

You need to remember the Chri$tain straw-man on this one...."it's all in how it's interpreted"

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
The religious war in this country is heating up. Radical Muslims don't have anything on radical Christians. It's great to see this judge standing up for our country's values. I hope he protects himself.

join