It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Euthanasia clinic opens its doors on the first of march

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
The Dutch voluntary euthanasia society (NVVE)

Starts on March the first their euthanasia clinic. Six teams comprising a doctor and a nurse act, will apply euthanasia on request. the people who meet the criteria of this legislation , and are not accepted for euthanasia from their regular doctor , can register on a central address in The Hague Netherlands for euthanasia.

If one of the teams thinks their request is legitimate the procedure will start. The Euthanasia will be applied at the most comfortable place, their own homes, its where most of the notified persons would like to die.

Reported deaths by euthanasia in the Netherlands rose 13% to 2,636 in 2009, although it is strongly suspected that there are many unreported euthanasia deaths. Euthanasia is legal in the Netherlands under certain conditions. The patient is supposed to be suffering unbearable pain and the doctor must be convinced the patient is making an informed choice. The opinion of a second doctor is also required. It is not altogether clear how the proposed clinic would meet these guidelines.

NOS Dutch national news coverage

I don't know were this is heading to , but I can understand that some people live unbearable lives and see no other way then giving up their lives.

Yesterday I was watching this documentary that this PhD in psychiatric , that had helped many patients as human as possible to inflict suicide by use of the Suicide bag, unbelievable to watch that these things are happening, and also telling that there are so many people suffering and think that the easiest way to not bothering people any more is by suicide, very sad.

January 2007 Obbe Terpstra is 86. He has no terminal illness but his quality of life is deteriorating, he wants to die in a dignified way. This exclusive report follows

Other source:
mercatornet

edit on 21/12/2010 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
GOOD FOR THEM! Seriously ... this should be available to everyone all around the world. Everywhere. At any time. Under very strict guidelines and checks and balances of course. But for legitimate cases of people who want help with their own death with dignity ... bravo!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I sympathize to with these people , and think that it is your own right to end your life when its unbearable to live

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
It is a sad statement about the world we live in that people would choose to die, rather than live. Nevertheless, I do support a persons right to die if that is what they choose to do.

The biggest problem I see with this is, who decides what is informed, and what is unbearable.
Both of these words are broad and subjective. And this is where state, religion, and family are going to clash. And it's probably going to get ugly.
edit on 2/6/2012 by Klassified because: correction

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

And this is where state, religion, and family are going to clash. And it's probably going to get ugly.

Well there are now legislation issues in our government as this news came out today, and I don't know how the international community will react on this news? We will see how long this is going to take stand.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

The future..........

When you can walk into a clinic,and fade away.

Ironic that Mr.Robinson died of cancer,a week or so after filming this .

edit on 6-2-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

If thats where we are heading too?, I would almost think that at the end of this video he was starting to regret the choice he had made....

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I fully support euthanasia in situations that are beyond hope in extreme pain, but not under US health care death panels that are more about depriving medical care to needed people, so the situation has to be beyond the most modern capacity of medicine to help, and the fullest highest capacity of medicine should be available to every single man, women and child on this planet, including dental, physio, massage, reconstruction, ie plastic surgery, teeth, everything that is civilized. And definitely not under NWO or any fascist NAZI's control, and the actual person would need to be able to be apart of this process, not a vegetable with their family pushing, so they could be inheriting the assets.

However,its merciful and its not suicide. To me, the person is dying of whatever is causing all the pain.

A completely equal world not based on slavery, and everything else I renounce and denounce as demonology and complete evil.
edit on 6-2-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
The right to voluntary assisted euthanasia in case of unbearable terminal illness should be a basic human right.

Northern Europe is once again ahead of almost the entire world when it comes to human rights and quality of life. Way to go!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0bserver1
reply to post by sonnny1

If thats where we are heading too?, I would almost think that at the end of this video he was starting to regret the choice he had made....

I wonder........................because he had cancer,and was dying,how important was this scene?

Maybe his OWN regrets in life,and not wanting to die,showed on the filming of this.

Like I said,very Ironic,and moving,when you understand what this man was going through in real life.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I'm glad to see someone do this! I don't think it should be up to anyone but the individual weather or not they live or die. Not religion, not family, not anyone. At the same time the person wanting to end their life should take more than just themselves into consideration when making these choices as it isn't something that can be un-done.

Certainly a difficult topic with a lot of very strong opinions, but in the end I believe the individual should have ultimate control over their lives.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Never seen these series, before my time I guess.. But it certainly portrays the wish and dignified end of this man who I might think suffered and made this hard choice to end it....

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
For my own personal feeling about my thread , somehow I had wished this clinic had existed earlier then I maybe had the chance to experience my mothers path to the end of her life in a dignified way , with professional support, but at the other hand could that also be harder to endure?

for now I have excepted her choice and I know she's in peace

She died due to suicide four years ago......

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MaMaa

Certainly a difficult topic with a lot of very strong opinions, but in the end I believe the individual should have ultimate control over their lives.

Their will always be people who are against this kind of method,or lead by religion , I also do understand their perspective..

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
The right to voluntary assisted euthanasia in case of unbearable terminal illness should be a basic human right.

I am of the opinion that the right to voluntary assisted euthanasia should be open for EVERYONE .. terminal or not. A person doesn't have to be terminal to be in intense pain or agony or misery .... chronic illness is just as bad. Every adult should have the option at all times. And as far as children go .. that's sticky ... I'm not sure ...

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Whatever happened to men being men? What happened to the days when you were done you shot the back of your mouth out with a shotgun or you hanged yourself on your front porch? Hippies have to ruin everything.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
All creatures have the irrevocable right to leave their bodies permanently when they choose. All the BS about "suicide is bad" isnt really a moral issue, its a property issue, whether it be the state, or a tyrant "god", that thinks you are its resource to command and control.

Good on the Dutch.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

the only thing i havent seen brought up in any of these threads is if you go in for a euthanasia procedure and it works how is life insurance handled? does it count as suicide?hell does it cost money and is it covered by healthcare over there(Netherlands correct>?)will your life insurance be paied out to your family our will it be like in the usa if you kill your self no money? either way its good for those that have the want or the need to die to have an option in place.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

Thats a very good question , I really don't know for all I know the insurance payment works the same as in the US, so I can Imagine their will be no payment , I think in time they probably have to change their policies on that? But that would be hard to sell to the insurance companies I guess

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

Northern Europe is once again ahead of almost the entire world when it comes to human rights and quality of life. Way to go!

Indeed! And I have to say it's not just about living with terrible pain. In my work with Alzheimer's sufferers I was in the strange position of persuading people against suicide while knowing that I would want suicide for myself - if affected. Not every dementia sufferer descends into a happy clappy la la land. It can be a rocky ride with periods of great distress and even personality change while you slowly lose everything that made you 'you'. And before death, you become totally dependant on others.
edit on 6-2-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join