It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tibet on Fire...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Tibetans were the nicest, happiest people i've ever met (while in Nepal).

So sad... I hope this doesn't turn them all into cynics - although who could blame them?

But i think/hope the Tibetan people is as tough as they come and will ride this out somehow.

Very best of luck to them all.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I hate the Chinese government.

I hate their mega-state-Communist government and their mega-Capitalist economy.

Anonymous needs to start focusing on hacking the living hell out of China for their crimes against humanity/the planet, too.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by NoHierarchy

Excellent idea................Anonymous you out there reading this?????

Yo are you out there?

What we need to do is boycott Chinese goods but than we would all be running around naked without any stuff as most of everything now is made in China.

And I suspect China isn't through with America either.

The sleeping dragon has awoken.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Sablicious

Only one star.............mine.

The rest of ATS is not yet aware that the dragon has awoken.

And the Chinese Government (not the people) has just started.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
you know seeing the military marchs, looked a lot like the beginings of the nazi regime, minus propaganda, but they dont need propaganda in that area, all they need is to hurt them.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

You are 100% correct.

Tibet has nothing to offer America and America owes China a lot of money..............besides as another reply said, tough t's, they don't have oil.

America "saves" when it's in America's interest period.

We don't want to anger China, heck 3/4 of our manufacturing jobs are over there. Most stuff bought in America is made in China.

The Chinese Government (not the common man/woman/child) are real monsters and besides Mexico being a threat, I would suggest we keep a close eye on the Chinese Government.

I have a Chinese girlfriend and she will not go back there to visit her grandparents, wants to get them out of there but can't.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
All you people saying stop buying chinese goods are clueless. What
do you think happen to all the business ( and there are many) if this
happened? Your countries would be in deeper crap than they are already.
Dont bother saying it will make jobs in our countries because it will not, unless
you are gonna work for pennies to keep these companies alive.

As for the people saying how great the dela lama is ( jumping on the band wagon)
Why dont you do a bit of history reading and find out what tibet was like before
chinese rule. Do you believe it as heaven on earth, where everyone lived a peacful
life? Well, you are wrong. Most of the tibeten people were peasants, slaves, starving
to death while the holy people like dela larma were living like kings. It was a horrible
place. But , the dela lama is a great human being you all say!

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

My wife is chinese, and we go to china every year.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
A small part of the artical below is here

The Tibetan serfs were something more than superstitious victims, blind to their own oppression. As we have seen, some ran away; others openly resisted, sometimes suffering dire consequences. In feudal Tibet, torture and mutilation--including eye gouging, the pulling out of tongues, hamstringing, and amputation--were favored punishments inflicted upon thieves, and runaway or resistant serfs. Journeying through Tibet in the 1960s, Stuart and Roma Gelder interviewed a former serf, Tsereh Wang Tuei, who had stolen two sheep belonging to a monastery. For this he had both his eyes gouged out and his hand mutilated beyond use. He explains that he no longer is a Buddhist: “When a holy lama told them to blind me I thought there was no good in religion.”21
 Since it was against Buddhist teachings to take human life, some offenders were severely lashed and then “left to God” in the freezing night to die. “The parallels between Tibet and medieval Europe are striking,” concludes Tom Grunfeld in his book on Tibet. 22

In 1959, Anna Louise Strong visited an exhibition of torture equipment that had been used by the Tibetan overlords. There were handcuffs of all sizes, including small ones for children, and instruments for cutting off noses and ears, gouging out eyes, breaking off hands, and hamstringing legs. There were hot brands, whips, and special implements for disemboweling. The exhibition presented photographs and testimonies of victims who had been blinded or crippled or suffered amputations for thievery. There was the shepherd whose master owed him a reimbursement in yuan and wheat but refused to pay. So he took one of the master’s cows; for this he had his hands severed. Another herdsman, who opposed having his wife taken from him by his lord, had his hands broken off. There were pictures of Communist activists with noses and upper lips cut off, and a woman who was raped and then had her nose sliced away.23

Earlier visitors to Tibet commented on the theocratic despotism. In 1895, an Englishman, Dr. A. L. Waddell, wrote that the populace was under the “intolerable tyranny of monks” and the devil superstitions they had fashioned to terrorize the people. In 1904 Perceval Landon described the Dalai Lama’s rule as “an engine of oppression.” At about that time, another English traveler, Captain W.F.T. O’Connor, observed that “the great landowners and the priests… exercise each in their own dominion a despotic power from which there is no appeal,” while the people are “oppressed by the most monstrous growth of monasticism and priest-craft.” Tibetan rulers “invented degrading legends and stimulated a spirit of superstition” among the common people. In 1937, another visitor, Spencer Chapman, wrote, “The Lamaist monk does not spend his time in ministering to the people or educating them. . . . The beggar beside the road is nothing to the monk. Knowledge is the jealously guarded prerogative of the monasteries and is used to increase their influence and wealth.”24
As much as we might wish otherwise, feudal theocratic Tibet was a far cry from the romanticized Shangri La so enthusiastically nurtured by Buddhism’s western proselytes.
II. Secularization vs. Spirituality
What happened to Tibet after the Chinese Communists moved into the country in 1951? The treaty of that year provided for ostensible self-governance under the Dalai Lama’s rule but gave China military control and exclusive right to conduct foreign relations. The Chinese were also granted a direct role in internal administration “to promote social reforms.” Among the earliest changes they wrought was to reduce usurious interest rates, and build a few hospitals and roads. At first, they moved slowly, relying mostly on persuasion in an attempt to effect reconstruction. No aristocratic or monastic property was confiscated, and feudal lords continued to reign over their hereditarily bound peasants. “Contrary to popular belief in the West,” claims one observer, the Chinese “took care to show respect for Tibetan culture and religion.”25

Sounds like heaven on earth!

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

edit on 5-2-2012 by Jay-morris because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
The Chinese Government is bad, The U.S Government is bad, the Islamic Government is bad bla bla bla ALL Governments are bad and kill people and when there is no Government then people kill each other it has been like this since the first man killed another man and it will always be like that I don't see anything changing. We are for the most part a failed species.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
God I hate China...

I wish I could control it, but they just do so many things that I dont agree with.

I'm glad they're stupid enough to keep lending the US money, we're never going to pay them a dime.

Come and get it, you Commies!

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Very sad.....

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Lol see people are completly ignoring my links, and if it never happened.

Sad!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

Lol see people are completly ignoring my links, and if it never happened.

Well, since you want to make an issue out of it, the Tibetans didn't do anything that any medieval European culture didn't do. Tibet was literally one of the most isolated places on Earth. Characterizing a palace with no central heating that was lit by yak butter lamps as luxurious is a bit of a stretch, don't you think? As for the Dalai Lama's lust for power, do try to stay current:

AFTER six decades as the living emblem of Tibetans in exile from Chinese-ruled Tibet, the Dalai Lama prepared on March 14th to present his resignation from all “formal authority”. The understanding is that he will cede his role as the community's political leader while retaining his place at the apogee of Tibetan Buddhism. He announced plans for his departure from political life just last week; many of his countrymen were caught off guard and have yet to regain their footing.

[edit for brevity --DJW001]

The spiritual leader of Tibet reminded his audience that ever since the 1960s he has “stressed that Tibetans need a leader elected freely by the Tibetan people, to whom I can devolve power. Now, we have clearly reached the time to put this into effect.” He formally proposed amending the Charter for Tibetans in Exile, a constitution drafted by high-ranking exiles in 1991, to devolve his formal authority when the Tibetan parliament-in-exile started its next session, the morning of March 14th. In the past, the Dalai Lama has played down his formal political role in the Tibetan movement. Nevertheless the executive power of the Tibetan exile administration has all the while been vested in him, according to the terms of the charter.

www.economist.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
wow! I am completely and utterly ashamed of the human race!
I weep, when someone feels the only way to make a stand is to burn themselves!

I pray to whatever god is out there, be it jehovah, or god, or thor or Yahushua! Please make it stop!!!!!! Please show the people of earth that we all have the rights to a free life. To make the wrong choices, but to be held accountable. Please come back and show us the way! Take the bad people away and give them no more power!

This was one of the most disturbing things that I have ever seen, and I weep, and I pray! I hate this evil world, and it makes me sad!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

History does not lie!

Was tibet a hell hole before chibese rule=yes!
were the tibeten people slaves, tourtured and starving=yes!
did the lama live like a king, like the other holy men=yes!
Did he do anything about the horrible things being done to the tibeten people=No!
Has the western media lied about tibet and the lama=yes!
Was the lama in contact with the american cia before chinese take over=yes!

It annoys the hell out of me when people say "free tibet"
They clearly dont know the real tibet history and how violent
it was. Again, the media brainwashing the weak minded

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Now that, is what I call an inconvenient truth!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

...and this effects how the Tibetan should be free to choose their own path, how exactly?

Hate to break this to you, but many did indeed know the history prior. This effects the reasons we should feel outrage how exactly?

Seems that it should only reinforce the need to feel outrage, and do what we can to help. Don't you?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

It seems apparent that the self immolators are changing nothing and that such gestures are futile and ill conceived.
However if the Dalai lama were to self immolate perhaps that would help their cause.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join