It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frank Zappa : The Greatest Conspiracy Theorist in Music

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Conspiracy(I mean, truth) of the music industry. Relevant much, his speech;

Is New Music Relevant In An Industrial Society? - A Speech By Frank Zappa

The most baffling aspect of the industrial-American-relevance question is: Why do people continue to compose music, and even pretend to teach others how to do it, when they already know the answer? Nobody gives a... continued...

Is it really worth the trouble to write a new piece of music for an audience that doesn't care?

The general consensus seems to be that music by living composers is not only irrelevant, but also genuinely oblivious to a society which concerns itself primarily with the consumption of disposable merchandise.

more here

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Another of my favorite songs that Frank did was "Inca Roads" which touched on the possibilities of UFO's and aliens visiting the Andes. I think this is one of the most beautiful songs that he did, and again helps to illustrate how diverse Frank was in his thinking and musical abilities. The subject of ancient aliens was just beginning to grow around this time, and songs like "Inca Roads" fed information to people who may not have heard of such things before.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Great thread....long live the mud shark!

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Since Frank Zappa was so right about how dishonest our government and media was to us (and how the War on Drugs was a power grab) -- I think it's better to say he was the "Greatest Music Prophet" rather than the "Greatest Conspiracy Theorist in Music".

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Son of Will

Many thanks to the OP, isyeye, and Son of Will, who posted the video of Frank Zappa on CNN's Crossfire in 1986. It is a fascinating conversation that is like a prediction about the future, which is today!

Fascism is the new reality in the USA. Corporations have taken control of our government and since they are “People” with billions to spend on “speech” they have bought our congressmen and senators. The Christian right wing has taken over the Republican Party and pushed for government to reflect their theological goals.

John Lofton asks “Does the government have any purpose Frank?” (at about 9:40 on the video)
Frank Zappa responds “How about national defense? Could I make a statement about national defense? The biggest threat to America today is not communism, it’s moving America toward a fascist theocracy, and everything that’s happened during the Reagan administration is steering us right down that pipe.”

Bob Novak queries “Mr. Zappa, you’re not really serious if you’re saying that we are going toward a fascist theocracy?”

Zappa responds “That’s right we are!”

Frank Zappa was a prophet!

Frank also said that young people should register to vote. John Loftus ridiculed the thought that young people with no life experience should vote. Just to make sure that college students don’t vote, Republican state legislatures have instituted new voter ID laws, to prevent college students, who often don’t need a driver’s license because they live on campus, from voting.

Frank Zappa encouraged free speech and voting, which makes him a great American.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I hope some sales are generated ... which is closer to what I think is going on here, in the age of marketing and data mining.

It's an interesting idea that Zappa knowingly or unknowingly worked for the CIA, but I think its not true.

For example I'm still very much under the impression that David Crosby, Graham Nash, and Stephen Stills are talented, as was Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin, and Jimi.

Maybe they were talented because of the types of parents they had rather than a conspiracy to halt the hippie take over.

To me its looking back at the past and re-connecting the dots coming up with something completely wrong and misleading.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by nedined

LOL.

Yeah, I didn't get the "slime oozing out of my TV set" feeling when I was a young kid because there was just Gilligan's Island, Bewitched, The Andy Griffith Show, and some guy in a suit telling the news as he read it off the ticker tape -- no emotion and not much editorializing -- just the police blotter.

But now you've go the Obvious, Guilty by Commission news shows like Fox. And then other than one or two exceptions, the guilty of Omission news shows that even includes NPR these days (just look at their sponsors).

So I really feel the Slime these days.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Interesting thread!
This is an interesting vid. I love hearing Zappa talk, almost hypnotic

(Sorry, for some reason the YouTube link wont work? Have to add the link to it instead)

www.youtube.com...
edit on 4-2-2012 by Urbanshadow because: (no reason given)

Kindly embedded 2 posts down
thanks !
edit on 4-2-2012 by Urbanshadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

It is quite alarming at how prophetic Frank's words have been. I think he saw how the government and media were trying to control people's thoughts, and he saw the direction that they were taking society. It makes me want to start digging through all my albums looking for more clues.

This is one of Frank's last interviews he did while he was seriously sick. After watching it again (for probably the 100th time in my life) it's clear that Frank wasn't in it for fame and forture, and he didn't really care if people remembered him or his music after he was gone, which made him a humble man. If you haven't seen this video, it's a great insight to Frank during his illness, and very sad to see such a great man suffer.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Urbanshadow

Thanks for the link. I'll embed it here for you. I haven't seen this video until now, and didn't know that he had possibly seen a UFO himself. It would be awesome if he were still alive and a member here on ATS. I think his insights and speaking ability would have been so valuable to the things we discuss here.

edit on 4-2-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
what a douchbag that john lofton is !

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Ah, Frank Zappa...

A highly intelligent creative artist with a rebellious spirit, forever going against the grain.

A thinking man.

There are few of those types of fish swimming in the sea. He was a rare pearl, indeed.

"People make a lot of fuss about my kids having such supposedly 'strange names', but the fact is that no matter what first names I might have given them, it is the last name that is going to get them in trouble." ~ Frank Zappa

Here's Frank Zappa on Larry King Live fighting against the fascist nanny state:

Part 1 of 2

Part 2 of 2

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Ahhhh, loves me my Zappa. Been a fan since I was about 14. Introduced his wit and wisdom to a group of "mean girls" one time during high school. That was a good day. I so often wonder, if he had not died so young, what would he have to say about these days. I am sure it would have extraordinary.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by don rumsfeld
One of the original Laurel Canyon bunch, an interesting story there.

Anyways, the Central Scrutinizer "enforcing laws that haven't been passed yet" is all too real now it seems.
Read the liner notes in Joe's Garage.

Yeah, the Laurel Canyon bunch. Would make for a great OP. Something was definitely in the air and running amuck through their lives, careers, and pop-culture memes.

Some of the weirder stories that have had a hand in shaping our (oft-twisted) 21st Century psyches have sprung forth from that canyon. Like black bats barreling out of the darkest of ravines...and looking for blood.

Sex, drugs, magic(k), a minute or two of fame, some brutal murders here and there. Rinse, cycle, repeat.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Cayenne kills prostate cancer. Just order 10 pounds in bulk and you're set.

Cayenne Pepper seems to have cured my prostate cancer - Topix www.topix.com/forum/.../prostate-cancer/TGR3P3NJBU006VGAM Mar 18, 2008 – Cayenne Pepper seems to have cured my prostate cancer. Posted in the Prostate Cancer Forum. Share. Read. 66 Comments. Add to my ... Cayenne Pepper and Prostate Cancer – Miracle Prostate Cancer ... prostatecancervictory.com/...prostate-cancer.../cayenne-pepper-and-p... Jun 28, 2009 – At first I wouldn't believe it myself until I had read it again the second and third times: Hot Pepper Ingredient Kills Prostate Cancer Cells. Curing With Cayenne - Amazing healing power of cayenne pepper www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/cayenne.htm If you master only one herb in your life, master cayenne pepper. It is more powerful than any ... Prostate and Testicular Cancer: a drugless approach · Impotence ... Can Cayenne Pepper Kill Cancer Cells | Top Cayenne Pepper Diet ... cayennepepperdiet.org/cayenne.../can-cayenne-pepper-kills-cancer-c... Prostate cancer has been claiming the lives of countless men around the world for years, and the numbers are growing. The Amount Of Capsaicin In Cayenne ... The Health Benefits of Cayenne; Cayenne Pepper, Cayenne Pepper ... www.jcrows.com/cayenne.html Householdphysician.com. The Household Physician · How Scientific Is Modern Medicine? Hot Pepper (Cayenne) Kills Prostate Cancer Cells In Study ...

Also I am making the claim to be the greatest conspiracy theorist in music

The Alchemy of Rainbow Heart Music: How Paranormal Sonofusion Subverts the Matrix Conspiracy

That's my book for free download -- 725 scholarly footnotes. Yeah I read Zappa's autobiography back in the day. I'm not a big fan on his music but he's way better than all the corporate mind control stuff out there. I mean I guess avant-garde rock is what I would call it. I used to play avant-garde rock myself for a couple years in high school.
edit on 4-2-2012 by fulllotusqigong because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by stainlesssteelrat

Thank you for that link to his autobiography. What a great read! What a life! Amazing that he survived childhood, what with all the WMDs and mercury that he played with as a child. I used to think he died of cancer because TPTB wanted him dead. Now I understand that TPTB did kill him, accidentally.
edit on 4-2-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Great thread, have been a Frank Fan for decades!
Thanks for bringing him to the ATS masses!

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I first saw this Zappa poster in a head shop in Huntington Beach called the Magic Mushroom circa 1970.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I have won more bet's on this song than all my bet's combined.

This is Zappa off the Grand Wazoo album. This song is called "Blessed Relief"

www.youtube.com...

I saw him do it live with a full orcdhestra at Kent State.

It always gives me chill's. Make a bet on who wrote it and recorded it. You'll always win.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I'm 53 and frank has been my hero for basically all my life. Now I follow Dweez and what he's up to musically.

As far as people with great achievements in life go there's few that can match his genius on many different levels.

And look, this has been a whole thread with nothing but positive responses. It does my heart good to know I'm not alone out there. Which is where I've been "stuck" for a couple of years. NOBODY here on the NW side of Phoenix gets it. Mention Frank and you get all kinds of weird looks and judgements.

Life, at least mine, would sure have been different without him for a lot of people, including me. I used to see him on Mothers Day in chicago every year in the 70's. The guy would do 7 shows in 5 nights, every one different. Talk about energy!

Thanks for all the great vids. My new Bose headphones are smokin' right now...

RIP, FZ

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join