It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists to Add Spider Genes to Human Genome to Create ‘Bulletproof Skin’

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by tinfoilsrule

lol i really want cat ears tho ^_^

all they have to do is make it so that every time you make a change to your DNA, the date and make up of your DNA is recorded, your picture is taken from all angles, they scanny thing your eye like in those really secure secret lab doors, etc.

that way they can keep track of who everyone is, no matter how many times they change their looks.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

So where do we go from here lets mix bird DNA in so we can fly,maybe fish DNA so we can colonise the oceans,bat DNA so we can see in the dark the point is eventually we cease to become human

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

i think that the earth we became to being on, will one day be the "egg" that gave birth to a bird.

and that bird will be the combination of humans and all of the earths creatures (for the most part) as one being...

just a theory...

edit: maybe being human, is about becoming what we want to be the most.

one person will say, i want to fly, so i will grow the wings of a bird.

one will say, i want to swim, so i will grow the fins of a fish

one will say, i want to see in the dark, so i will grow the eyes of a cat?

one will say, i want fluffy cat ears.

who knows?

i think it should be a beautiful thing and anyone should do what makes them happy as long as it doesn't hurt other people.

edit on 5-2-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Mixing human DNA with a spider DNA can only mean one thing, the invention of a really really strong world wide WEB!
LoL

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by shell310

LOL that was cheesy but i loved it.

good job *pats on back*

^_^

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
That would be very ugly... eughh... a true shield would be a personal ionosphere of high amplitude, not just shielding a person but allowing them to fly.
You could also wear thick heavy iron plates into town, and use levitation methods to make it easy to move (ufo tech)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
UGHHH..God.No. I would rather be riddled with bullets till i resemble a bloody tea strainer.Is it a deep-seated fear of their own mortality that makes these scientists get up to all these unnecessary experiments and research? The human race has done well enough so far without bulletproof skin,for one..The fragility of our physical bodies is not the reason the world is in the s@#% shape it is,after all.There's millions of more worthwhile things they can spend all those research dollars and grants on,than bs like this,not to mention the face-blistering amounts they spend on designing ever more destructive weapons+ hideous biological weapons programmes..if they had to apply all their intelligence,energy and funding to projects that would benefit humanity as it is now,and the earth,we would not be on the brink of the apocalypse..and yet,still they play on.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join