It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney is right; the poor are doing just fine

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
The concept behind what he was saying wasn't so horrible (the middle class need systems in place to help them), but he just said it horribly. Having said that, I think it's B.S. - he doesn't really care about the middle class - he just wants to protect the wealthy. He just said that because the biggest percentage of voters are middle class, and he's trying to get their vote.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Carlin explained it years ago. Warning, there's one F bomb in with his wisdom:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Drew99GT

...Have you been paying attention? This is a routine practice amongst Republican politicians.

Also, when the safety net is undone, good luck defending yourself from the hordes of people that are going to start looting your tail because they're half starved to death.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Congress has 6 Lobbyist per Congressman.

Can you guess how many are working for the Poor??

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
If poor people where unhappy about their situation they would stop voting for Democrats.

But they have found their comfort zone and will continue to do so.

If they ever decide they want more out of life, it would be in their best interest to consider Republican candidates.

Parasites rarely, if ever, leave their host voluntarily.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

wonder how many will eat molded food bread cheese close to being spoiled meat, not many put to a poor person heck your talking top self stake sandwich.

edit on 2-2-2012 by bekod because: editting

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Which parasites are you referring to? The poor or the rich that suck the money out of the working class? Which is being allowed by BOTH the Rep's and Dem's. See the Carlin video above.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

If poor people where unhappy about their situation they would stop voting for Democrats.

But they have found their comfort zone and will continue to do so.

If they ever decide they want more out of life, it would be in their best interest to consider Republican candidates.

Let me fix that for you. If poor people were unhappy about their situation, they would stop voting for Democrats and Republicans. They are two sides to the same problem. Professional Politicians who make more money than God and are only beholden to those who can shove greenbacks their way the fastest.

Democrats and Republicans..............looting America one foreclosure at a time.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Yes because that make sense, that's like telling a chicken it would be in their benefit to support KFC.

Five years ago my salary would easily classify myself and my family as middle class... these days we're considered poor even though my salary has increased over the years. It's a sad state of affairs in America and poor folk voting for republicans isn't going to help anything.

I certainly sit on the left side of the line... but really IMO the only way real change is going to happen is for us as a country to realize that at this point our two party system exists to keep people like you and I divided so that TPTB can continue to rape us. Neither side truly has the average person's interest at heart....

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

At least you and I agree. They don't give a damn about us, and probably never will since they have set up the perfect self-perpetuating system.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Carlin explained it years ago. Warning, there's one F bomb in with his wisdom:

Complete liberal propaganda. Why do you guys just skirt around FACTS like they don't matter?

"We are often reminded these days that the top 1% of earners in America pay about 40% of the nations federal income taxes–nearly double the share they paid in 1980."

blogs.wsj.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv
he doesn't really care about the middle class - he just wants to protect the wealthy. He just said that because the biggest percentage of voters are middle class, and he's trying to get their vote.

I hate to break it to you, but that is EXACTLY what Obama has done as well! He's totally financed by Wall Street just like the Republicans are! Obamacare was nothing but a gift to the Insurance industry (an industry that owns more land than any other in the US). That;s why the stock of health insurance companies went up 10% after Obamacare was passed.

NO politician cares about you or me. Of course they all caer about the people who finance them. The crap they say in the campaign trail is nothing but a gimmick.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Did you read all of the article that you quoted as stating this is "liberal propaganda"? Here, I'll help you out with that:

In other words, the top 1% share of income grew nearly five times faster than their share of taxes.

*snip*

But it does mean that when pundits and politicians talk about the rich paying “a big chunk,” they should be clear that it’s because the rich earn “an even bigger chunk.”

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Deleted Post, Changed my mind about everything I wrote.

edit on 2-2-2012 by Osiris1953 because: Typing Gremlins

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Did you read all of the article that you quoted as stating this is "liberal propaganda"? Here, I'll help you out with that:

In other words, the top 1% share of income grew nearly five times faster than their share of taxes.

*snip*

But it does mean that when pundits and politicians talk about the rich paying “a big chunk,” they should be clear that it’s because the rich earn “an even bigger chunk.”

OK, you got me on that, but this notion that the rich don't pay any taxes is false.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
we can all agree it is a problem , the system is broken, but what to do and how too fix it is what drives us apart , the real thing to do is stop arguing, sit down and come to a real solution is it OTJ is it tax reduction is it Tax the rich spare the poor? some say there is no class war , yea right.

The have, Vs. The have not's, paid vacation Vs no time off, Med ins Vs no med Ins, this is the real "them Vs us", us being the ones with out , them that have but barley and them the have without a blink of an eye.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
So Drew... you believe the increase in your health insurance premiums are the Democrat's fault? And if the Republicans were in charge it would have done what? Gone down? Stayed the same? Here's the facts:

Between 2001 and 2009 Single-persone health insurance increased an average of 8% or $261 each year. The largest increase was in 2002 at 15% or $394. Over that same tim period, a family plan increased an average of 9% or $771 each year. The largest for family plans was in 2003 for $1,065! So dom't blame this on the Democrats OP. This is a systemic, bi-partisan problem.

Oh right... source

And in case you're going to speculate on what happened post 2009: the other source

edit on 2-2-2012 by jtma508 because: more backup data

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl

I agree with you completely, but in just a minute a million ATSers are going to come out of the woodwork and tell you that you are evil and/or mistaken, and also tell you how wrong you are.

But I think it's true...people who get the most government assistance often actually have higher standards of living than many people who get no assistance at all.

What about the poor who do not get government assistance or assistance from churches or shelters? Being poor does not automatically place you on assistance and cause goodies to rain down from heaven. I will bet that many poor were not counted in these surveys. Did they scour the deserts for homeless vets camped out? I seriously doubt it.

I do not get any assistance, but I do own two computers and use my fathers internet access to try and start my own business doing 3d modeling, uv mapping, texture painting and animation. I am also learning to do voice overs for animation projects.

I also paint houses and do light carpentry and demolition when I can find the work. Being as I live in Arizona and have to compete with illegal aliens for those jobs, I have to charge a fraction of what I should be making.

Nobody surveyed me. And I am willing to bet that many more poor folks were not surveyed as well.

Um, that's why I said "people who get the most government assistance often actually have higher standards of living than many people who get no assistance at all." You would fit into the "no assistance at all" category.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

DOUBLE AMEN !!!!! Let's continue tap dancing some more, legs is tired but what can I do? sarcasm intended. And the fact that they, congress, politicians etc continue to profitn in some way, shape or form disgusts me

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drew99GT

Originally posted by kaylaluv
he doesn't really care about the middle class - he just wants to protect the wealthy. He just said that because the biggest percentage of voters are middle class, and he's trying to get their vote.

I hate to break it to you, but that is EXACTLY what Obama has done as well! He's totally financed by Wall Street just like the Republicans are! Obamacare was nothing but a gift to the Insurance industry (an industry that owns more land than any other in the US). That;s why the stock of health insurance companies went up 10% after Obamacare was passed.

NO politician cares about you or me. Of course they all caer about the people who finance them. The crap they say in the campaign trail is nothing but a gimmick.

Well, I didn't know this thread was about Obama, but... Obama is the one who wants to increase tax on the wealthy while decreasing tax on everyone else. I don't see any republicans wanting to do that.

"Obamacare" is a watered-down version of what Obama really wanted to do. It's watered down because the republicans stopped him. If we had the public option, like Obama wanted, the insurance industry would have been hurtin'. But noooooo, republicans couldn't let that happen. Don't want to hurt those big industries that are putting money in their pockets.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join