It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bridgewater Triangle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Being from central MA and the town of Bridgewater is only a few exits down I-495 from me i find this quite interesting.

The Bridgewater Triangle is located in the Hocomock Swamp in Bridgewater MA

Everything from UFO's, Bigfoot, Ghosts/EVPS, to Thunderbirds have been reportedly seen in the area of the swamp.

www.paranormal-encyclopedia.com...

The 1760 report is likely the first documented UFO report on the planet. However, it certainly wasn't the last UFO report to come out of the Bridgewater Triangle.•Halloween 1908 marked another UFO sighting, documented in local newspapers.
•In 1968, five people claimed that they saw a strange ball of light floating among the trees in a wooded part of Rehoboth3.
•In the 1970's, UFO sightings were frequently reported to occur in different areas of the Bridgewater Triangle1. In one 1976 report, two UFOs were seen landing along Route 44 near Taunton.
•In 1994, a Bridgewater Law Enforcement Officer reported seeing a triangular shaped craft with red and white lights.
•The town of Raynham frequently receives reports of glowing balls of light, floating over the ground at the local dog track

there are many sighting in the area of hairy humaniod creatures believed to be over 6'7 in height

In 1978, paranormal researcher Joseph M. DeAndrade claims to have observed another such creature as it slowly walked into the brush of the Hockomock Swamp, about 200 yards from his location. He chronicled his sighting in his 1997 book, Passing Strange: True Tales of New England Hauntings and Horrors

There is an area in the Hockomock swamp where Chief Arawan surrender his tried to colonists ending the King Phillip War

the area called Arawan Rock to be a very haunted area where the spirits of the Chiefs warriors still partake in fire dancers and tend to scare away people traveling through the woods

www.cellarwalls.com...

as recent as 2011 there have been 21 reports of balls of fire in the sky over the area of even numoreous crafts that make starts and stops in the night sky, also descending into the swamp itself

www.thebridgewatertriangle.com...

In the middle of the Bridgewater Triangle is Hockamock Swamp. Entering the swamp is like walking back in time, an untouched stretch of land remaining in a rapidly developing county. There have been numerous sightings of unclassified animals, unexplained lights and smells and noises coming from the muck since the earliest writings of Europeans in the area. The Native of the region, mainly members of the Wampanoag tribe, feared the swamp as well. Hockamock loosely translates to “place of spirits,” but has also appeared as, “place of darkness”, “place of evil” and “place of dark spirits.” Regardless of the exact meaning of the word, the tribe seemed to make some connection between the swamp and the spirit world. The question remains; why a people so in tune with the natural environment around them would label someplace as dark or full of spirits? The answer might lie in evidence from the present.

Thunderbird sightings: Giant birds or pterodactyl-like flying creature with wingspans 8–12 feet are claimed to have been seen in Hockomock Swamp and neighboring Taunton, including a report by Norton Police Sergeant Thomas Downy.[5]

en.wikipedia.org...

since finding this area very interesting, living so close to the area and having friends who attend Bridgewater State Univeristy i hope to be able to make a trip down to the area very soon with digital camera's, video recorders, tape recorders and night vision/ infared.

whatever we find will be posted on here for further review

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Cool !

I look forward to it....

I was amazed recently at the large number of witnesses who had seen/witnessed Bigfoot not too far away in Rhode Island... on a recent episode of Searching for Bigfoot.

I haven't looked into this but it would be interesting to see how the magnetic ley lines are oriented in this area.

I feel that much of this has to do with and is caused by natural electromagnetic energy from the planet Earth.

And why it exists in certain areas of our planet such as the Bermuda Triangle and not as much in others.....

This would explain the existence of these strange creatures who just might be interdimensional and using the energy to visit our realm of existence.

Peace

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by caf1550

I will be very interested in your findings.
Great post!

Cheers

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by caf1550

Hi,i'm at work right now,when i get out later tonight i'll elaborate further,but i just wanted to mention that i live about 5 miles away from the infamous triangle,i'm in rockland,mass.I have always lived here where i am now and i've been to the triangle and have experienced some weird things in and around the area.This triangle has been called the most haunted place on earth and just imagine how close we are to it.I more or less live right next to it.This whole area has a gothic and gloomy atmosphere,probably because our history here goes back many hundreds of years and the native americans lived here for thousands of years and even they knew the area was enchanted and posessed by spirits...

edit on 31-1-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I remember reading about two policemen who were parked in a cruiser one night on the road somewhere in bridgewater,maybe inside the college campus i think,back in the 1970's and they said that suddenly something lifted up the back end of their car and then dropped it,then they saw a large hairy creature running off away from them beneath a street light...

Another time,perhaps in the 1980's i'm not sure,a troop of boyscouts and their scout masters were planning on camping somewhere inside the woods within the triangle and as night fell,just after setting up their camp site, they all heard terrible growls and screams emanating from the darkness nearby and they were so terrified that they fled the area,left all their equipment and everything behind and refused to go back the following morning without the police...

When i was just a kid,back in the mid 1970's,a pack of wild dogs were roaming all over the triangle and a few miles beyond right into abington and rockland where i lived and for a few days horses and other animals were found with their throats ripped out and i clearly recall not being allowed outside to play while that was going on.Then just as mysteriously as they appeared,they were gone and were never found...

And that all happened a few miles down the street and right around within the area where i lived and where i still live now and i have had more than one terrifying encounter of my own and this is one of them > www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 31-1-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
There was a show about this area I think on coast to coast and also in a book I have Mysterious America I think by Loren Coleman. I am really curious, what is the approximate size of this area?

Being from the west coast we tend to think states in the northeast are too small for crypto creatures to hide there. I have been to Massachusetts though and it did take me quite some time to go through it due to all the tourist attractions I stopped at.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

I live very near the Triangle,in Rockland Mass,which is next to Abington and Whitman mentioned in the list below and parts of Rockland borders Abington and Whitman and knowing whats happened around here,i think Rockland should be considered a part of the Triangle as well...

But remember theres no invisible line that seperates this Triangle area from the rest of the surrounding area. Theres no real points and spots where the hauntings and creature reports start and stop.Its called a Triangle because it roughly resembles one and perhaps to associate it with the other well known concentrated high strangeness areas of the Bermuda and Devils Triangle...

This whole entire area around here is haunted and gloomy,with an ominous and foreboding atmosphere,even in spring and summer...

The Bridgewater Triangle is about 200 square miles within southeastern Massachusetts...

Most of these towns are small and this triangle area comprises the towns of Abington, Brockton, Freetown and Rehoboth at the points of the triangle...

Bridgewater, West Bridgewater, East Bridgewater, Whitman, Middleboro, Dighton, Norton, Berkley, Raynham, Easton, Taunton, Lakeville and Seekonk inside the triangle...

edit on 1-2-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
The best book i've read about the paranormal in New England,which includes a section about the Bridgewater Triangle,is called...Passing Strange - True Tales of New England Hauntings and Horrors www.amazon.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Heres a link that describes dozens of different encounters with various paranormal phenomena and crypto zoological creatures within the bridgewater triangle > www.cellarwalls.com...

Although none of my "encounters" and "experiences" right next to and near the triangle here in rockland,mass are described because i've only ever told friends and family and people here at ATS about them...

Along with the demonic screams my friend and i heard one winter night that i linked to above a few posts back,i and others have also experienced...

A powerful and very loud crash and bang sound on the roof of a single story house where i once was babysitting two small kids one night that came without warning and shook the living room we were in and sent the two little kids i was watching running out of the room in tears asking me,what was that? and when i looked outside on the roof with a flashlight,there was nothing there,nothing on the ground and no marks on the roof,when i was around 13yrs old...

I have,along with three other people one autumn night,seen a black circular shape descend to tree top height and block out the stars right in front and above us about 50 feet in the air. It was humming and swirling and must have been around 30 ft wide. Its motion was causing the leaves around our feet to start blowing all over the place, as if they were within 40mph gusts of wind and then this dark spinning object quickly ascended as the stars came back into view. The next day in the newspaper, an article mentioned a lady that saw a strange glowing disc fly over her house only about 10 minutes after our encounter, when i was around 30yrs old...

I have heard very weird and somehow almost unearthly sounds of ringing bells and chimes outside above our house,as i layed in bed in the dark listening to them in my third floor bedroom,on a summer night with the windows open,when i was around 10yrs old...

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Here's a cool pic of a swamp in the area:

join