It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

gay/homosexual execution in iran

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
My son just walked in an saw this thread and says "Dad, can you tell me what gay means?" "It means to be happy," I answered. "Are you gay, dad?" he says. "No, son. I married your mother!"

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
My uncle came out of the closet yesterday. He's not gay. He has Alzheimer's and thought it was the car.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
The whole gay thing got me thinking. What if you cloned yourself, and then you become attracted to yourself and ended up having sex with your clone... does that make you gay, or are you just on the forefront of masturbation technology?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by relpobre000

You call it bigotry when Iran hangs homosexuals just because of their chosen gay lifestyle......

what about the innocence of black "criminals" who have been accused of a crime they never did and given the death penalty?

Or how about your military forces killing and murdering 2 million Iraqis and Afghanis (count still out for the Libyans), most of whom are innocent, yet few condem whats going on because.....at least a foreign entity is not doing likewise on our soil. You know at some point they are going to retaliate or maybe get Russia and China to do it for them, so who are you going to blame then?

I disagree with what the Iranians are doing to their own people but I'm not stupid enough to pass judgement on them considering what British and American emperialism has done worldwide of whom I decended from.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by anthonygillespie2012

Im not sure if there is much we can really do to change what's going on over there.

It's sickening and sad that some of our fellow humans can treat other fellow humans with such mercilessness and blatant disregard for the life of others based upon their inherited sexuality.

It disgusts me to be a part of the human race sometimes when I am reminded of just how low we can really go.

Religion has certainly screwed this place up big time over the years. Religion is the root of all evil as far as I'm concerned & needs to be completely abolished if mankind is to have any hope at all.

I have a funny feeling that a hell of alot of people are in for a rude shock when their time on Earth expires. Some things are just unforgivable in this universe I believe.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Well, what we are about to do is bomb the hell out of them.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

what about the innocence of black "criminals" who have been accused of a crime they never did and given the death penalty? Or how about your military forces killing and murdering 2 million Iraqis and Afghanis

What about them? They are not the topic of this thread.

One wrong does not make another wrong OK.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Ookie

Disgusting post, and you even got a star..

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by DanielET

Religion has certainly screwed this place up big time over the years. Religion is the root of all evil as far as I'm concerned & needs to be completely abolished if mankind is to have any hope at all.

Religion has been used as a weapon by mankind throughout the ages. Holy scriptures have been exploited to control the masses. The Kings and queens of England claimed to be chosen by god. In fact, religion is not the root of evil. It is us.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

What should we do as a whole of humanity to stop this, I want to hear your opinion.

Unless you believe it's right and correct for one country to dominate and control another - the collective 'we' do nothing. Like it or not? That is THEIR country and THEIR religion. Without massive bloodshed on the parts of both countries 'we' can't do anything - 'they' have to do it for themselves. If the people who live there and subscribe to this religion cannot follow the rules? They will pay the price - just like everywhere else in the world. That my friend is the ugly truth of any culture/religion.

peace

edit on 21-1-2012 by silo13 because: bbc

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Why is Ookie's post disgusting? If he/she does not believe in or support 'gays' why should he/she not be able to say so without being censored and verbally attacked?

Personally - I don't like seeing men stick their tongues down other mens throats. Nor do I like seeing women making out grinding their pelvises together. It's my right to feel so and believe so and say so just like it's Ookies! This is ATS - and last I knew ATS does not stand for 'shut the hell up if you're not a sheeple who goes along with everything that's politically correct.'

What people want to do in their own bedroom is their business, not mine. If they want to keep their lifestyle fine, let them, but why do I need to have it forced on me?

As for Islam - Do I abhor their practices of killing little girls who've been raped or 'seen' with a boy and calling it 'honor killing' - Murdering those who do not 'toe the line' - YES! I abhor it!

Regardless you and Islam have one thing in common like it or not. In Islam you're condemned for voicing your opinion - Obviously something you agree with no? So, I guess you have more in common with your 'enemies' than you thought. That should be your wake up call.

peace

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Why is Ookie's post disgusting?

Because he/she seem to condone death penalty for gays. Not because he/she does not "support" gays, whaever that means.

If he/she does not believe in or support 'gays' why should he/she not be able to say so without being censored and verbally attacked?

If she condones this punishment, then she better be ready for some verbal attacks, you can count on that.

Regardless you and Islam have one thing in common like it or not. In Islam you're condemned for voicing your opinion - Obviously something you agree with no? So, I guess you have more in common with your 'enemies' than you thought. That should be your wake up call.

I do not advocate absolute freedom of speech, indeed. So yes, in that principle, I am in agreement with Islam, and mostly everyone else.
edit on 21/1/12 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I don't know how you suddenly found a connection with honor killing and Islam. In fact, only a few days ago, a newspaper article had a story of some honor killing take place in India by a Hindu. I'd like to see the Hadith or Quran verse which mentions killing one's daughter or sister because of some love affair.

Your condemned for voicing your opinion? I think that has happened everywhere around the world. It's just that the people who are in charge in some of the ME governments are exploiting religious verses for their own views.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Because he/she seem to condone death penalty for gays.

On that I agree - I thought Ookie was being sarcastic - but - if Ookie meant it - I speak out also. No one should condone such a thing. That doesn't mean I want their lifestyle in my face, but no, no one should condone killing anyone because of their sexual orientation.

peace

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ookie
Why would I want to stop them? That is one of the very few things about Iran I actually like. If they were not that way the perverts would take over there like they have here. I despise seeing homosexuals on tv. I am about at the point of needing a puke bucket at my side to watch tv. Can't even eat supper watching tv anymore for being forced to see such perversion on a daily basis. It's gotten way way way out of hand and it's only getting worse. At least Iran has the guts to do something about it.

It is because of people like you that this place is going down the drain!

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Nothing. It's not our place to tell another nation how to act, or what to do in their culture... We have the choice to treat gays with fairness and respect in America and we do, but going halfway around the world and trying to turn a very different nation into something that resembles our country hasn't worked, and will never work.

In short, we ought to mind our own business. I'm just sorry the internet has allowed people around the world to see how different one nation can be from the next, and then think we must go and do something because it is different than what they know domestically.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ookie
Why would I want to stop them? That is one of the very few things about Iran I actually like. If they were not that way the perverts would take over there like they have here. I despise seeing homosexuals on tv. I am about at the point of needing a puke bucket at my side to watch tv. Can't even eat supper watching tv anymore for being forced to see such perversion on a daily basis. It's gotten way way way out of hand and it's only getting worse. At least Iran has the guts to do something about it.

I'm not sure what is more disgusting, your complete selfish nature and apathy towards other human beings, or the fact that people were giving you stars. You have no shame!

EDIT:

Maybe we SHOULD do something about this hatred for gays, do we really want another generation with the same hateful thoughts as Ookie? Maybe we should teach tolerance...
edit on 21-1-2012 by arpgme because: more opinion

KaiserSoze, I can't believe you are turning this into some kind of joke. What kind of person makes jokes out of innocent people being murdered!?

Absolutely disgusting.

edit on 21-1-2012 by arpgme because: more opinion

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
OK I'm not anti Islam at all for any Islamic follower reading this. I want to say I'm not saying Allah is not god and that muhammed is not the prophet of him, but why would you as an Islamic allow killing another based on sexuality in the name of love for allah when love does not involve death.

rafah, rahmah, wudda, hub,

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join