It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

gay/homosexual execution in iran

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
How can we influence the country of Arab people in Iran, to stop stop killing innocent gay/homosexuals?

This is a conspiracy on islam. If Islam teaches peace then why do they kill gay/homosexuals and control the governments by allowing them to do this?

Should we put teenagers in a cage and have them hanged? Does Allah support this and is this his love?

Violators are reportedly given a choice of four methods of execution: hanging, stoning, halving by sword — or being dropped from the highest perch.

What should we do as a whole of humanity to stop this, I want to hear your opinion.
edit on 20-1-2012 by anthonygillespie2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by anthonygillespie2012

How can we influence the country of Arab people in Iran, to stop stop killing innocent gay/homosexuals?

Iranians are for the most part Persian not Arab! Iran has some Arab citizens as well as people who claim Jewish (Not Israeli) bloodlines.

Get your facts right!

I do agree treatment of gays in the middle east is backward & barbaric!
edit on 20-1-2012 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Their people are smart enough to handle problems from within.

I say let the people of that land decide their own fate without international interference.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by anthonygillespie2012

This is a conspiracy on islam. If Islam teaches peace then why do they kill gay/homosexuals and control the governments by allowing them to do this?

What should we do as a whole of humanity to stop this, I want to hear your opinion.

Jim Jones was a Mormon, Albert Fish was a Christian, Pol Pot was a Maoist, David Berkowitz was Jewish. All of those religions supposedly teach peace as well, so why single out Islam?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by anthonygillespie2012

Religion has been and still is to this day flawed in its practices. You can't assume Islam as a whole condones this behavior because flat out they don't. The pope doesn't agree with homosexuality either but followers of his church have killed homosexuals the same way followers of Islam have. Do you see it spun that way on the news all the time?

Should we put them in cages? Nah I think we did that once before.

www.erichufschmid.net...

Not cool

edit on 20-1-2012 by Strict because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
states in america still have the death penalty, and one of the founding fathers said something about sorting out your own house first.

your move (I don't disagree that it is an issue, but you provide change through example and the example is fairly bad.)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Iran, Islam, Homosexuality, Throw in Ron Paul and you would have discovered the super troll bait thread...

I am of the belief that countries should be able to freely dictate their own internal policies with out out side interference...

If it gets bad enough people on their own will revolt, its not our place to step in and do it for them (Cough Libya), how ever barbaric and sad it may get its frankly none of our business and would rather not have American man and women be sent to "save" the Iranian people.

Watch as these "humanitarian" news articles about Iran slowly increase as the march to war continues, we will be bombard in the media with these types of issues, and more about the Nukes Iran are supposedly working toward.

All part of the plan to get the American people behind "helping" the Iranian people be "free".
edit on 20-1-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Iran, Islam, Homosexuality, Throw in Ron Paul and you would have discovered the super troll bait thread...

I am of the belief that countries should be able to freely dictate their own internal policies with out out side interference...

If it gets bad enough people on their own will revolt, its not our place to step in and do it for them (Cough Libya), how ever barbaric and sad it may get its frankly none of our business and would rather not have American man and women be sent to "save" the Iranian people.

Watch as these "humanitarian" news articles about Iran slowly increase as the march to war continues, we will be bombard in the media with these types of issues, and more about the Nukes Iran are supposedly working toward.

All part of the plan to get the American people behind "helping" the Iranian people be "free".

I never said 'America' help Iran. I said how can we get the world to stop Iranians from slaughting innocent people based on sexual acts by influencing the Iranian people to stop doing this.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
There are some things that should not be tolerated anywhere in the world. Institutional killing or harsh punishments for innocent people such as homosexuals, adulterers or apostates is one of them. Any retaliation against such criminal state should be aimed at the guilty ruling class, not the people (even if they support it) or the opposition.

Non-interventionism be damned, would we let Germany murder people in concentration camps if they did not attacked anyone?

I do understand economic arguments against foreign interventions, tough.

As for Iran, seems like punishments for homosexuality are rare and far between, so it is not the norm:

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 20/1/12 by Maslo because: Iran

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I think he didn't mention Christianity, because they don't do it anymore. At least, not on a governmental level. Now the government accepts it and is not influenced by Judaism (Torah / Bible) on this issue.

If we try to influence them, they'll just say that we are corrupt and they are righteous like they've already been saying. They need to mature on their own. They will one day.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

We can't stop Iranians. Even if they do not agree with what is happening, they cannot stop it. Why? Because most likely, they will be charged with heresy and put to death. The Iranian government is using religion for their own evil satisfaction. This doesn't just happen in Iran, but around the world.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

i disagree that "they" need to be changed they are addressing what they feel is a violation on their cultural and genetic ethics; an abomination if you will. let them do as they please and face the repercussions of their own known acts. it would be different if they were like some imperial colony forced under sword to follow the cultures of an alien group, or if they were "raised" with a cultural ethical belief that what they are doing is wrong. they are not just like you are not equal in ethics regarding homosexuality, yet to they i suppose they would rather eliminate the very existence of it and live in peace and you i surmise would say that homosexuality is a god given right to freedoms expression and that people should peaceably accept your homosexuality.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Abolish religion, problem solved.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

There are plenty of innocent victims who meet the lethal injection (including the electric chair in the past) in the USA all because they can't afford a good lawyer.

There are plenty spending many years in our prison systems are should'nt be there or are innocent.

I don't see the Americans jumping up and down for their own.....but they are quick to condem Iranian laws!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The short answer is Islam is not a religion of peace or tolerance. The longer answer involves Iran using Islam as a tool to control its people.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatsinaname
states in america still have the death penalty, and one of the founding fathers said something about sorting out your own house first.

While I don't agree with the death penalty, I must disagree here.

Killing innocent people who did nothing wrong, is not at all comparable to killing criminals of the worst offenses.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I actually did a fair amount of research on this exact subject for a class presentation in a Master's Psychology program. There are a few views within Iran on homosexuality and not quite as bad as you make it out to be.

First, Ahmadinejad has plainly spoken, in front of a U.S. University audience, that "homosexuality does not exist" in his country. yes, he's an idiot.

However, their government doesn't just go around killing these people. They offer FREE "sexual corrective reassignment surgery" because they feel that if someone likes the same sex as him- or herself then it is a physical problem (not a mental problem, or acceptable as homosexuality).

People who are homosexual do get harrassed and even sometimes killed by various groups but it is not generally a government or police matter to do so. That being the case most homosexual-focused clubs and meeting places are underground.

There are quite a few people within Iran who are activists for acceptance of homosexuality and are still living freely there.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Why would I want to stop them? That is one of the very few things about Iran I actually like. If they were not that way the perverts would take over there like they have here. I despise seeing homosexuals on tv. I am about at the point of needing a puke bucket at my side to watch tv. Can't even eat supper watching tv anymore for being forced to see such perversion on a daily basis. It's gotten way way way out of hand and it's only getting worse. At least Iran has the guts to do something about it.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Ookie

Are you serious? Honestly? I....just...you know what, you're not even worth a response.

With regard to the OP:

There's nothing, legally speaking, anyone on the outside will be able to do to stop bigotry in Iran (and that's how I think it should be). They are a sovereign nation an perfectly capable of making their own policies (as draconian and backwards as I feel they are). It's unfortunate that such bigotry exists in the world but it's not the U.S.'s (or any other country's) responsibility to police the world and judge foreign laws using western ideologies as a measuring stick.

ETA: I don't mean to sound callous. I think that gay rights are important and it's something that we, as a race, need to focus on. But as a matter of sovereignty we have no right to act on a political/military level in Iran.
edit on 20-1-2012 by relpobre000 because: eta

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
All part of the plan to get the American people "behind" helping the Iranian people be "free".

That's funny, but seriously a "gay execution" what a bummer... I guess we better get used to it, I think the guy next to me earlier was gay. I was trying to drop a deuce and the creep kept giving me looks. I finally had to move to the next urinal.
edit on 20-1-2012 by KaiserSoze because: (Lame reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join