It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multi-Colored Line At The Bottom Of My Screen.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
So just out of the a line showed up at the bottom of my screen. More directly its in the middle of the task bar.

I have an Acer Aspire, and I cant find anything online that seems to be able to help.

Thanks in advance for any help, NRE.

Previewed the photo, apparently I misspelled various

That is not the actual line, I tried to capture it, but it doesn't show, but a little below that line is where it is.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

You're not talking about this↓, are you?

Re-Sized Smaller:

Full Size:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I had that happen to mine also. This is not a professional technique but I would just tap the edge of the monitor with something hard (Bic lighter or pen) and the line would go away. It would stay gone for a few hours and come back..

Eventually the monitor went out all together and I got a nice bigger flat screen.....

Good luck

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Is that the "regular" line on ATS?

The line Im talking about is always there. If I point the mouse on it it may stay there like I never moved it for a few seconds. Not just on ATS.. alllll the time. If I put the mouse on it, it takes a second for the screen to read it.

Its just changes color.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mwood

That's what I am afraid of. I saw most remedies for regular computers, but nothing for laptops. I hope I dont need a whole new laptop, just because of the screen.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
It could be anything from the not so serious loose connection to a damaged and dying screen. If your laptop is under warranty still it could be fixable at low cost. If not then for a ridiculous fee of about $100 you can probably get it looked at. Depending on cost of a similar laptop it may be better to just wait till it dies and get a new one

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

lap top screens are super easy to replace and probably cost less than 150.00 bucks...I just did a buddies a month ago..Link to how to
I'm not sure if the link is the place where he bought it but he noted it was a Canadian based company
Don't freak it so easy to replace the screen....

Go out and buy those micro screwdrivers similiar to theseLink to screwdrivers
it's one plug and the bezel around the screen will have a couple of rubber stops that you pick out and behind them is the screws...unscrew and use the flat screwdriver to pry the screen off...pretty self explanitory after that...just put a cup out to put the screws and the rubber stops in because they are small and might get lost easily..good luck
edit on 14-1-2012 by chrismarco because: Tools

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
the LCD screen was probably sat on recently when the notbook was closed and the line is the damaged portion of where the liquid crystals cannot display properly

new topics

top topics

join