It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Crow Rooftop Snowboarding

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I know crows are really intelligent. I've seen some amazing videos etc.

But I'm not sure if the crow in this video is having fun....or just trying to break that thing and accidentally sliding down lol. But the more I watch it, it really seems to be trying to slide down for fun

edit on 13-1-2012 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
By the way I remember as a teenager doing work experience at an office. Every lunch time I had 1 hour break, and had nothing to do. So I hanged around outside the building near the river themes eating my sandwiches etc

Every day there were crows there waiting to hang out with me and eat my food, I could even hand feed them!! It was cool because every day they were more and more confident around me.

It is 100% true that they can recognize peoples faces. I wish to form a relationship like that again one day haha.
edit on 13-1-2012 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
very good, here's another one that i remember watching, these birds are very smart

Wal

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by JudgeDeath

Haha I see your perspective...
But I'd have to respectfully disagree.

I could see him wanting to eat it if he had pecked at it after sliding once; but after each slide, he went back up to the top of the roof, and slid again...and again...and again!
I'm also not so sure what it was he was riding on, but his 'ring' looks a bit too thick (and different color) to be a frozen onion ring.

I hope there's a reasonable explanation for its behavior, other than 'crowboarding' (lol)
If not, I hope they're not planning to dominate us humans before I put up an anti-bird fortress~
edit on 13-1-2012 by bojimbo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
The native Americans understood how smart ravens are.
www.godchecker.com...

There is a pair of ravens that nest in a tree next door to me that i have played with for years

tie a hot dogs on a string and hang it from a wire hung between two trees. i will bet on the raven getting the hot dog
www.youtube.com...
www.techeblog.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

edit on 13-1-2012 by ANNED because: dp

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Another amazing video of a crow

the look on this crow face is unique
showing a lot of emotion and sentiment

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Best thing on the site today - i can't stop watching it!

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Thanx.

I knew it was a murder of crows but I wasn't sure what a group of ravens is called. Now I know.

Learn something new every day.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
Another amazing video of a crow

the look on this crow face is unique
showing a lot of emotion and sentiment

I love stuff like this. Thanx for posting that vid. It made my day.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Cool!!

I have seen this before...

Apperently they like playing in the snow.

Peace

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Crows are amazing I love birds and have fed them for years. I had a very special crow that had to be the matriarch or a very old male VERY VERY LARGE I named this crow White Wing because every other feather in one of her wings was white only in one wing though the other wing was normal.

This bird was amazing and I felt deep love for her ( and her large family) we fed them all our leftovers in a spot in our back yard and she would sit on my top deck and caw for me to feed her scraps and bread almost every day for years.She brought me such pleasure watching her eat through my sliders from the dining room.

She would leave me pine cones and sticks on our table constantly sometimes she would leave a large fluffly plume from the tall grass that grew by the lake.
Even if I didn't see her when I went to get these little presents she left I would make a big deal about it thanking her for it.
One day coming home form work I bought a couple corn muffins I didn't finsh one so I left it on the table for her
I sat and sipped my tea and there she was ..she hopped on the table ate some of her muffin I talked with her a bit
then she flew off with the rest of the muffin.
I didn't see her for about 2 days and actually I remember saying to my husband we didn't really see any birds in that 2 days very strange.
I came home from work with my husband on the 3rd day that I didn't see her and went to the deck to scatter the night befores bread for her and right in the middle of the table was a old beaten up key chain with a pretty scratched silver beaded tag on it we were so amazed I really loved this bird she had such a personality.
We never saw her again after that day I WAS SO HEART BROKEN.......(eyes tearing up now) I continued to feed all her family. That was back in 92 through 95 or so at least I had a few years with her.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
reply to post by Ben81

Cool!!

I have seen this before...

Apperently they like playing in the snow.

Peace

Ahh i would go play with him lol very cute
i had a blue yellow macaw before in my parent house
it was big like the crow
Sarah had a very intelligent personality saying hello
and making cute eyes (retina getting bigger and smaller very fast)
for playing i was giving her my finger in her black big beak
i knew she wouldnt cut it like a popsicle stick .. we had a trustable relation lol
the only thing i was afraid .. whas when she started puking on my finger
i know this is a show of love and she wanted to feed me ..but ill pass my turn on that

still miss her to this day .. and its been more then 10 yrs now
neightboors were complaining to much to the cops
when she started screaming .. everybody a mile could hear her

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Thanks for posting! My sons are returning from Colorado (snowboarding) and they will get a real kick out of this.
Crows just wanna have fun, yeah, crows just wanna have fun!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Im a sucker for smart animals and this one ticks that box!

awesome!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Thank you!

Makes me proud!

<< 1   >>

join