It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Attacks Cop Attempting Arrest of Other Suspect

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Wait for it...Wait for it... Boom!

That's gonna cost you, son.

Mod Note: Starting A New Thread
edit on 1/11/2012 by Mirthful Me because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Good Samaritan!

2nd!

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

If he can afford a good lawyer surely he can claim defence and the use of citizen’s arrest.
The police were assaulting someone and using more force then necessary which is illegal so he had the right to do something.
But in our system they wont let him get away with using his constitutional rights.

This man is a hero but I'd bet hes getting a good decade in the slammer.
More people need to step up like this man and defend your fellow countrymen from tyranny.

edit on 11-1-2012 by BeforeTooLong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Wonder how they like it

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Good Samaritan!

or an idiot, depends on your IQ i guess.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
That is one of the dumbest moves I've ever seen. It's also the very thing I've feared we would see given how some folks around here have talked about 'getting' the cops and 'standing up', whatever that means. You see the black cop that is watching his partner get attacked?

You see where his hand went? That wasn't to his taser, that was to his firearm. This guy is lucky he wasn't seen a second before contact. The second cop might have simply assumed there was a knife he couldn't quite see and shot the man outright.

Whatever cops do...this isn't the way to do anything but get hurt, at best...and just as likely, killed. I'd hate to think a video like that inspires any repeat sort of thing.
How dangerous!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
What was the guy being arrested for?
What occurred before the guy started recording the video?
Why are there 2 officers present?
Why was the guy on the ground resisting?

Before congratulating the moronic jackass who attacked the cops, it might be worthwhile to get ALL the info first. The moron is lucky he was only charged with assault.

just saying

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
This is just the tip of the iceburg.

People are fed up with, laws for the rich and poor, being lied to by their leaders, freedoms eroding almost daily. How many of you have said `He`ll get away with it, he`s a cop`
Think about that, total injustice being accepted as common place. Thats the crime in America. Acceptance.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Is there part of the video missing? Im not seeing any punching or kicking going on here besides the guy who tackles the cop.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by BeforeTooLong

The police were assaulting someone and using more force then necessary which is illegal so he had the right to do something.

It's not illegal to kick or punch someone when putting them in custody when they are resisting. Hell they're allowed to do it with batons if someone won't give up their arms to be handcuffed. And as always I highly doubt you have the full story. Neither do I. I would reserve judgment until we actually know all the details. I sometimes wonder if people don't just spew anti cop nonsense in some desperate attempt to get stars.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
doesnt matter why they were arresting the first guy, that idiot was CLEARLY in the wrong for doing what he did
this should go into one of those dumbest crooks shows

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
the law will have no remorse in whatever it does to you. it's best to avoid situations like that unless you're ready for the consequence
edit on 11-1-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
It might seem like that guy is crazy for doing that, but maybe he's just the first of many who will fight back.
There only so long you can watch your fellow man be mistreated by sick monsters who have no compassion for the human race.

He's like B1-66ER of the human race!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
GETCHA SOME, thats the name of the game, but be sure you have extra back up to get the partner

this is how fun can be had

edit on 11-1-2012 by sweetnlow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Baltimore Officer attacked while making arrest

Mike Hellgren explains how it all started.

A man in the olive-colored jacket headed toward police as they made an arrest. He lunged at an officer, knocking him to the ground in front of a crowd of people on Monument and Rose streets in East Baltimore. More officers rushed in and got the man under control.

“I can’t describe this as anything else than an act of cowardice,” said police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi. “I don’t know if there’s any clearer example of what the men and women of this agency go through to keep this city safe.”

Gugliemi says it happened New Year’s Eve, around 2:30 p.m. He says it started when Manuel Imel banged his car door into a police cruiser. The officer inside got out to confront him, noticing Imel was drunk. Then another man rushed to the scene. That’s the man police are trying to arrest on the video. He got in the officer’s face, angry he was questioning Imel. While police had their hands full trying to arrest him, Imel left and then came back. Then the confrontation unfolded.

“We live in a day and age now where anyone with a cell phone has a camera and photographic capabilities. We respect that,” Guglielmi said.

Imel, who already has a lengthy criminal record, faces several new charges including assaulting law enforcement, resisting arrest and disorderly conduct.

The man who police originally were trying to arrest fled the scene. They’re not identifying him but say there is a warrant out for his arrest.

Imel is being held on $100,000 bond.

The guy on the ground apparently was a bystander who involved himself in the incident. The guy in the olive coat was the guy who banged his car door into the officers cruiser. He fled when the guy on the ground started in on the police. While arresting that guy, the drunk driver came back and attacked the cop.

At least thats my understanding of it.

Looks to me like the Police were within law and policies based on the article and the video.. The guy who attacked the cops has no justification for involving himself since the guy on the ground was not in any danger.
edit on 11-1-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimosa

Good Samaritan!

or an idiot, depends on your IQ i guess.

Only the truly idiotic stand by while tyranny runs wild.
What you’re seeing is the exact opposite of an idiot, but in fact the result of frustration. It takes a very smart person to see through social influence, which in this case would be 'it’s ok for them to beat the crap out of us'. After probably a few years of seeing the police state for what it is and not having a means to express it or change the injustices that he sees this was probably the final straw. Sure he could have controlled himself but I ask you what you would do if a family member was at the hands of police brutality or maybe a child, person with a disability or an elderly person.
Do not mock the one bird that flies away from the flock resting on the burning tree even if he flies into powerlines.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Unfortunately, we're getting to the point where good cops are going to be hated right along with the bad ones. I hope this isn't the case of somebody assaulting a good officer.

On the other hand, I hope that more incidences like this begin to happen as time wears on; cops are primarily the defenders of the upper class, many of them people who want the rest of us to slave away for them (aka actually do the work) while they piddle away the day in meetings or in legalized gambling.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Yup, there you go knee jerk folks. The guy punching the cop must be good and the police had to be arresting someone for no reason.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by BeforeTooLong

Sure he could have controlled himself but I ask you what you would do if a family member was at the hands of police brutality or maybe a child, person with a disability or an elderly person.

Yeah but this was a drunk driver dumb enough to hit a squad with his door. One who was obviously resisting. They weren't using excessive force. Feel free to call other posters idiots though.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

edit on 11-1-2012 by Liquesence because: blah

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join