It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baby Bigfoot, or not?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Saw this snippet on Animal Planet last night...

and found it very interesting. It, in my not so humble opinion, shows a primate of some sort. Not only that, but one that apparently launches itself off of a parents shoulders into the tree.

I can't seem to make it imbed...my fault no doubt.

Here's the link

Interesting...

the most interesting part is not so much the primate in the tree...it could be a chimp/gibbon/orang that has been released into the wild. The site was/is, after all, not all that far from large metropolitan area where, presumably, people have exotic pets that might escape or be released into the wild.

What interested me the most was the larger creature that the smaller one launched off of.

Not enough detail to make a definitive judgement, but certainly one of the more interesting video examples I've seen to date.

It's most assuredly a primate of some sort. Bigfoot? No way to tell for sure.

Fifteen years ago...so not very recent.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Maybe it will work for me...
Nice vid too, I have seen this somewhere before and have always liked it.

Definetly has the shape of a primate, very humanlike as well.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

That's crazy, never seen that - Thanks for sharing, that's a pretty legit video - I like that comment on youtube about it being a kite
I'm going with baby bigfoot or a really lost monkey

edit on 11-1-2012 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
That looks like a monkey to me. It's a shame that the video is so grainy.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Good find. Looks like, shown and talked of description wise, as a monkey. Mostly due to the long limbs, smaller limbs in back, if seen correctly. But then again what do we really know as to bigfoot dwelling in trees at times, but some accounts and videos presented...one source here for example.
Could be; Someone letting their monkey out to play in the tree(doubt it that's risky because of laws) or indeed a baby Bigfoot hoisted by a parent into a tree.

Image of an animal in a tree. The animal, oddly with the camera man nearby, doesn't movie. Possible hoax of sorts(?).

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
This was on an episode of Finding Bigfoot recently that the BFRO investigated.

Its an interesting video to say the least. Whatever it is that leaps and climbs up into that tree, was actually on the shoulder area of something much larger walking near that area if you look close enough.
edit on 12-1-2012 by Vrill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
To me it just looks like a kid getting a boost into the tree and swinging. I don't see how that is in any way impossible for a gymnast. Perhaps I'm missing something as I'm a bit sleepy. Then again relative to the size of the person or bigfoot that boosts the whatever the hell it is into the tree, that would be one tiny kid or huge man. Interesting though.

K never mind I see where it's weird now.
edit on 12-1-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Analysis of the video here ^
edit on 12-1-2012 by -Blackout- because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Wow! Nice find. There is No way that is a kid climbing the tree. I would guess that it is a monkey but the piggy back ride through me off.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Here is an ancient thread on the video. Although most of the video consisted of trying to get the video to play - God bless Youtube - so it's not a "brilliant read". This post pretty much sums up the entire thread. Oh, how things and people have changed. It would be interesting to see if there has been any additional information that came to light during the past 6 years.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

That's amazing! I watched the episode of Finding Bigfoot and assumed this was a new discovery but you posted the BFRO link 6 years ago.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by BLKMJK

Indeed. What was it? If the little guy was say the size of a gibbon, that makes whatever was carrying it, to me anyway; rather larger.

Here's a link that gives an easy look at the differentiation in sizes among the more common great apes.

Not Monkeys...apes.

Now if it was a human carrying it, was there any interaction by the camera holders with him/her? Doesn't seem like it...

Would a gibbon hang with a gorilla in North America? Seems somewhat unlikely...

Our choices of explanation are somewhat limited to my mind...it's a fascinating case. At the very least, it's an unknown.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

The little guy is demonstrating brachiation (sp?) which humanity left behind long ago... It's even rare among the rest of the grouping of great apes.

Whatever it is, or isn't...it ain't human. That much seems clear. Though what exactly it is remains a mystery.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Is either an ape that escape from somebody that had it as a pet like the video said or an actually baby big foot, I have been watching that series that is going on about this people hunting Sasquatch I forgot the name of it, but they are incredible finding out and researching what people are witnessing, more so that our native Americans actually believe very much on Sasquatch.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
The video is intriguing. Not sure why a creature so elusive would allow it's young to play with noisy humans in sight/hearing distance. Most creatures in the wild don't act like this at all, which makes me think it's an escaped animal. This show is fun, but it's hard to take seriously since everyone on the team except the woman are convinced every knock/sound of something falling/calling out is a 'squatch' nearby. The big guy always seems to think saquatches are all around them.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I grew up listening to stories of Sasquatch here in the Northwest. One of my best friends growing up was Native American, Umatilla tribe, and his dad had incredible stories about the creature. He's since passed on, and the stories may have died with him, except for the ones he told us.

Someday, I've got to sit down and write what I can remember down...

He was never in doubt as to its existence. Neither am I since my own sighting almost three years ago.

Now was this a bigfoot? Maybe not. In fact, I'll be so bold as to say probably not...but it's interesting, and is certainly not a "blobsquatch".

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Old grainy footage. YES! It must be a Sasquatch.
edit on 14-1-2012 by Franz von Humboldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Franz von Humboldt

Old, grainy footage of what could be Bigfoot. ...and in all likelihood isn't. However, it is interesting.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

I personally think it is a Sasquatch. A Mom or dad and its baby. If that were a known primate, they'd of been seen in that area and they havent (I dont think)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Vrill

Well brother, it seems the reason Bigfoot stays so elusive is self-protection. He's earned lots of experience in that field by now. He's definitely a very intelligent creature. He's always aware of his surroundings. Even in our modern world he's managed to stay well hidden. I just find really hard to believe this time he went for a careless stroll throug the woods and walked right into the shot, let alone the fact he exposed his baby to danger.

<<   2 >>

join