It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comic Creators for Freedom vs. human trafficking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Comic Creators for Freedom

January 11th is National Human Trafficking Awareness Day in the U.S. and CCF is holding a fundraiser through the 20th to raise money for survivors.

So far Comic Creators for Freedom has raised $15,000! Imagine what we can do this year.

We donate 100% of what we raise to charity. The money is split evenly the between global organization Love 146 and Gracehaven, a safe house being built for girls coming out of sexual slavery here in the U.S. It is only the FOURTH such house in the entire United States. So I think what they are trying to do is very important. Read more about both organizations below.

Anyone who donates will be gifted a wallpaper featuring artwork from the creators of 127 different comics including my own, After the Dream (which happens to be about human trafficking). I know that modern-day slavery is often on the minds of many ATS readers, so I wanted to share this and encourage you to participate.

And Happy New Year, by the way! I'm glad I have this space to discuss difficult topics like this. You guys are awesome.

join