It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Montana To Use Unmanned Drones Against Wolves

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Montana

This is a direct quote from the OP's source...

I bolded the important part...

As of Wednesday, the Idaho Department of Fish and Game reported that 154 of its estimated 750 wolves had been "harvested" this year. Legal hunting and trapping — with both snares to strangle and leg traps to capture — will continue through the spring. And if hunting fails to reduce the wolf population sufficiently — to less than 150 wolves — the state says it will use airborne shooters to eliminate more.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Maybe this is a cover for hunting "lone wolf" types up there... Who knows what they might find. Conditioning method? "Look at what these drones can do, and take it to heart country boys." It's such a shame so little respect is given to the earth at this point in history. We're turning into a cesspool because of greed and hubris. Gulf of Mexico, Fukushima, Niger river delta, Iraq, and the list goes on. Will the earth be inhabitable 100 years from now? What are we allowing to happen? Shameful.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Nowhere in this does it say that they plan on using the drones to kill the wolves. Your are twisting words. The article merely says that the drones CAN be used in wildlife control. The writer of the article merely assumes that this is what they are going to do. When you can show proof that this is actually happening now and not speculation on what could happen in the future then you will have something, Until then this is merely speculation.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Lets not poke a stick at mother nature, she is already angry enough.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

the state says it will use airborne shooters to eliminate more.

Yes, they do this from helicopters.........

Why do people have such a problem thinking critically.........

Just because they are using drones to track and find these packs, doesnt mean they are using them to kill them, infact in the other article it says without a doubt they arent.......

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

There's no we about it. I'm not altering anything. These people are traitors. People that hunt and kill wolves are sick. And why don't some of you smarten up and realize you can be tracked too?
edit on 2-1-2012 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by soaringhawk

There's no we about it. I'm not altering anything. These people are traitors. People that hunt and kill wolves are sick. And why don't some of you smarten up and realize you can be tracked too?
edit on 2-1-2012 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

How are people that hunt and kill wolves traitors and sick?

are wolves some special animal with more rights then any other animal?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Ok, this bothers me.

I don't care if they kill the wolves. If the wolves are wreaking havoc like a previous poster said, and there are plenty in the population, then open season on the damn things and get the population down. Especially if they are acting out of their nature.

But, unmanned drones? Seriously? I'm sorry but when I read that the hair stood up on the back of my neck. Instantly a feeling ran through me akin to one I have had before while reading Orwell or Huxley. This is how they are going to sneak this type of ridiculous technology in to your own back yards ladies and gentleman.
I can imagine myself in a not so distant future, walking down a busy street (or in an empty field...) and passing an Unmanned Terrorist Reduction Bot just sitting there, uncomfortably quiet. As all the people walk by, completely brainwashed into thinking these are necessary, I and a few others take the long way to our destination to not have to pass it.

In another few moments of daydreaming about this prospect I see the drone mistakenly targeting dogs, horses, cows...children. I can almost write the press release and official statement myself. This seems so inevitable to me I can't imagine how anyone could support this kind of technology for use on foreign soil, much less on our own.

So the wolf are not indigenous to this land, they kill for fun, they leave the carcasses, we put them here, we are simply killing a species before they eradicate the others. I know I am quoting another member here and not the original text, but I can see how those who are they could use this exact line to sell their Unmanned Terrorist Reduction Bots.

"The terrorists are not indigenous to this land, they kill for fun! We must kill this species before they eradicate us all!!"

The relation between the terrorist and the dangerous animal is precisely how they will wash the mind of an entire nation into letting this happen. If we can accept this treatment of wolves, how much more of a push is it to accept this treatment of "terrorists" on our own soil?

I say fight this with everything you have, there is something very sinister about where this could go.

So glad to know about this, S + F OP

edit on 2-1-2012 by ValentineWiggin because: What can I say, I'm a perfectionist.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

Did you not stop to read one of the other posters links directly to what the drones actually were?

They are basically model airplanes with cameras...........theres nothing military about them.........

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
This is incredible. Not for the fact that they are killing wolves, but they are killing wolves with drones. How much money do you think Montana needs to shell out to have these drones operating in their airspace? Here is an idea. Montana should issue more wolf tags to local and non resident hunters. I am an avid sportsman and hunter and would gladly pay lets say $2000 for tag fees, guide fees, lodging, and maybe a night out at a local establishment to have a once in a lifetime hunt for a wolf. Not only would I be satisfying my urge to rain supreme at the top of the food chain, but also helping support the local economy.

And when I say food chain, I am not saying I would eat the wolf, but I would be doing my small part in helping the local elk, whitetail, mule deer, and various other wildlife that the wolves are decimating as we speak.

Regardless if they are model airplanes or RQ-170's, it is unsportsmanlike and unethical to use airborne devices to spot and scout wild game. What ever happened to the frontiersmen of old? Using a tool that we are all born with and is our greatest weapon.
edit on 2-1-2012 by olliemc84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
These are just excuses to keep these birds aloft to spy and target ANYTHING they so desire, as you can see soon they will be targeting Us residents due to our over population and destruction to the wild life and landscape, if they are so concerned maybe they should all start by killing themselves to save us all from their ignorance

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I can see the headline now "Drone mistakes husky for wolf, family sues"

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Just practice for them for when we all go runnin for the hills to get away from martial law and what follows after it is implemented. Because obviously if you are in the woods you will be considered some kinda enemy combatant.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by olliemc84

This is incredible. Not for the fact that they are killing wolves, but they are killing wolves with drones.

They are NOT killing wolves with drones...........read the article and the links.........

They are monitoring their movements with drones...............

Christ people............READ THE INFORMATION

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Going extinct?

YOu have no idea what you are talking about.....

I spent 10 years in Idaho, and i can tell you the wolves in the north are NOT going extinct, infact they are growing so wildy out of of control, because of reintroduction.......that they are abandoning their natural instincts..

In the name of "preservation" species of wolves were introduced into Montana and Idaho that were not indigenous to the area, and their populations have become so bad, that they are decimating local wildlife.....

Large game herds are being wiped out throughout the area because of the boom in wolf numbers....

These packs have gone from hunting for food, to hunting and killing and not even eating the prey that they have taken down...they just leave the carcass there........Killing for sport is not natural wolf behavior

I'm originally from Southeast Idaho, not to far from Yellowstone.

One week prior to them moving the wolves from Canada to Yellowstone Park (I think that was around 1997 but I'm I'm not positive of the year) the State Biologist in charge of the move did an interview where he falsely claimed that their were no indigenous Wolves in Idaho. A bald faced lie he later retracted and admitted too a few weeks later.

The very next day I happened to be passing through Yellowstone on a weekend trip. Just inside the West Yellowstone gate there was a traffic jam. When I got up to see what was causing it, there was one of the large number of indigenous Wolves already in Yellowstone dying from being hit by a car. Anyone familiar knew there were and always have been packs inside Yellowstone and all around. There are also a couple of large packs and many Lone Wolves in the area around Bear Lake in the southeast corner of Idaho.

Around my Uncles Ranch in central Utah, there are many Wolves and I've seen a pack myself of around a dozen animals. They only form large packs when there are many around.

This is just like the lies about the Bald Eagles that were finally exposed. Environmentalists ALWAYS do more harm than good.

When the relocation happened they promised that Ranchers could deal with Wolves who went renegade and starting killing livestock. Then the first time it happened, even though the Wolf had a calf in its belly, they arrested the Rancher for killing the Wolf who was eating the calf. He got off before it was over, but they made his life a living hell.

Just two weeks after they released the Wolves from Canada, I was traveling up I15 to Montana and there in front of me was one of them stalking a calf on a ranch on the side of the Freeway. He crossed maybe 20 yards in front of me. It was about that time the State Biologist admitted in an interview he had lied about the Wolves being gone. Of course all of us who were active in the outdoors knew that the Wolves had been there all along.

Many problems have happened due to the environmental Lobbyists. The Sierra Club stopped the clearing of dead brush and litter in Yellowstone which caused a massive fire. They stopped the culling of the Buffalo herd in Yellowstone also. Since that is not their natural habitat, they decimated the Elk herds by eating all the food. The Elk are almost non-existent compared to the huge herds that were in Yellowstone before the destroyers that call themselves environmentalists got involved. That and they carry a disease that wipes out ranchers herds when they leave the park because its not their natural habitat. I really miss seeing the huge Elk herds and of course I blame the nuts who keep filing the lawsuits leading to the mismanagement.

Canada and here in Alaska are overrun by Wolves. They are thick as flies. Same as the lies about the Bald Eagles. While out shooting photo's I've counted over 70 individual eagles in one day, in one area.

The Polar Bear issue is a bald faced lie also, but what's the point. They know people will never know the truth, that their population has ballooned in the last forty years. Truth means nothing to fanatics.

All they have to do is let Fish and Game and Forestry do their jobs and everything will be fine. They won't though and millions of acres of Forest will continue to be lost due to the actions of the so call environmentalists who live in their sardine cans in the cities.
edit on 1/2/2012 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Then explain this sentence from OP's source...

" Pilotless drone aircraft used by the CIA and the Air Force to target and kill alleged terrorists now appear to be real options to track and kill "enemy" wolves.

You keep telling us to read the source..

well that is what the source says.....

"To TRACK and KILL "Enemy Wolves"
edit on 2-1-2012 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

The first thing to pop into my head is "The rise of the machines" from the Terminator movie series. I guess it could begin like this. Soon, instead of harvesting animals, it could humans. Scary

edit on 2-1-2012 by Gridrebel because:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

Easy.........the link in the OP is B.S sensationalism

from another poster and the ORIGINAL SOURCE

Sigh, Did anyone even bother to find and read the original source article? (It took me all of 10 seconds) It might be a good idea to make sure you know even a little about what you are discussing. Original source Article Flathead Beacon

Original article

Link even shows what they are using

edit on 2-1-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Yep but its AMAZING how people will not look into the facts....

because its a wolf, somehow its magical and they ignore all the evidence to the contrary......

Activist will go to any length to spread disinformation

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
www.latimes.com... is the OP's source.

By J. William Gibson

December 8, 2011
Congress removed wolves in Montana and Idaho from the protection of the Endangered Species Act in April. And this fall, the killing began.

Since when is the LA times a bs publication? If one were to read the whole article, the wolves were RE-INTRODUCED because their population declined to being endangered:

In the mid-1990s, when the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service released 66 wolves in Yellowstone and central Idaho, most of the U.S. celebrated. The magnificent wolf, an icon of wilderness that humans had driven to extinction in the United States, would now reoccupy part of its old range. But in the region where the wolves were introduced, the move was much more controversial.

Part of the reason was the increase, particularly in Idaho and Montana, in paramilitary militia advocates, with their masculine ideal of man as warrior who should fight the hated federal government, by armed force if necessary. They were outraged by what they saw as federal interference in the region spurred by environmentalists, and their ideas found a willing reception among ranchers, who view wolves as a threat to their livestock — even though they ranch on federal land — and hunters, who don't want the wolves reducing the big game population.

edit on 2-1-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2    4 >>

join