It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Resolutions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I never really do the whole new years resolution thing. I don’t really like new years eve at all if I’m honest although this year was a pretty good one. Mainly because I didn’t get so drunk that new years day hit me like a battering ram to the face this time, which made nice change. The list below is a by no means definitive account of my new years resolutions and my guess as to how long they will last.

Wish me luck!

1. Give Up Smoking

Well I haven’t smoked yet today. That’s not unusual for me after a night on the town, though. I’ll give it until 5th January at which point I will become unbearable company and will light up to save myself from being murdered by somebody. If only cigarettes weren’t so damned moreish.

2. Drink Less

I love a drink as those of you who read this will undoubtedly know, but I’m sure a little less wouldn’t do me any harm, if only to save money. This one will last until February when I celebrate my birthday in the only way I know how, on a night out so awesome that it will erase itself from my memory entirely.

Read more at the link below

twitchyfeet.org...

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I don't usually go with resolutions, but this year I might try a few things out.

A little less alcohol would cause me less hangovers, so maybe I should give my liver a break this year, it might thank me for it later on

This should be a big year for me with a lot of changes so I'm just going to play it safe and try to make the best decisions as often as I can. This is what people should do every year.

I always laugh at the "I'm quitting smoking this year" crowd

Why choose January to quit? You don't need a calendar to tell you this.

Just quit!

When I quit it was in August 2005

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I want to eat more pizza this year!

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I wish you luck on both of your resolutions. Neither are easy but both are attainable. I'd suggest taking up some sort of cardio exercise to help with quitting smoking. When I started jogging it didn't take me long to quit smoking. Jogging became a priority to me and smoking was a huge road block to that priority. I can't remember exactly when I quit smoking, but I think it was just over 5 years ago.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
1. get better at lucid dreaming

2. cook the perfect roast

3. hold the world record for eating the most ribs both pork and beef

new topics

top topics

join