It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Boyfriend found this on his fence the other day.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I am not really in the mood to look at this in depth but just quickly I do think the numbers refer to the layout/position of each rune.

I will have another look after the NY

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
uh uh uh!!!
i saw this on an X-Files last night, too bad agent Molder nor Skully knew what it was either.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Here is the common Neopagan word-cipher used by Buckland, Crowley, Raven Digitalis, Konstantinos, and all of those other hip new age pagans, witches, Wicca, and magicians:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
A B C D E F G H I
J K L M N O P Q R
S T U V W X Y Z

Applying your 13 digit code to the cipher we have these possibilities:

4 6 3 8 4 5 1 9 2 7 3 6 4
D F C H D E A I B G C F D
M O L Q M N J R K P L O M
V X U Z V W S T Y U X V

All I immediately noticed was 4519 spells out "dear" pretty clearly. The rest is all scrambled nonsense to me. Admittedly, that is the point of the cipher though. Obviously since the 4 is all consonants, the 6 has to be an "O," but beyond that, your guess is as good as mine.

Second... the runes/symbols. I had to do some serious digging to put much of this together.

Fehu (F)
Laguz (L)
Ehwaz (E)
Nauthiz (N)
Obiovus (A)
Decimal, stop, etc (•)
Sowulo (S)
and, a, plus (+)
obvious (H)
Dagaz (D)
Teiwaz (T)
Sowulo (S)

I substituted an A for the plus sign (you'll see why in a moment). Doing so, you get— FLENA•SAHDTS —Normally in magickal spells all vowels are dropped from the phrase. So, the "E," "A," and "A," should not be present in this cipher if it were meant to be a magickal spell of some kind.

Assuming it is not a spell, the next step was to reverse it. When you reverse it you get— STDHAS•ANELF —split up the phrase with possible word breaks and we end up with— STD HAS • AN ELF —which admittedly makes little to no sense, but, may be the true meaning of the coded script.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
put of a picture of glock with the second amendment written under it.

there's nothing more that witches hate than an early trip to hell.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
after some careful research I think it says:

OH NO YOU DI'NT! BACK OFF BEEATCH!

I may be right! You may be crazy!

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
i am a bit rusty on my runes but it roughly says find a Sunday hail and then references the numbers below. not all the runes are to be taken for their letter form but their symbolic meaning. it could be referencing the sunday mail as that is pretty close but i dunno its 4 am here so there i did what i could lol. hope it helps a little bit. if someone cross references the runes against some other ones it might make a little more sense.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
throw some fresh herbs in a small pouch, wrap it in some freshly sliced garlic slivers and then wrap the original writings with aluminum foil and then lead foil (camera 1800 and above film bags will suffice) on the fence.

This will rid you of further attempts and further contact...all the while leaving them extremely nervous about how you replied and what it means for them.

peace.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname

Great idea, just sad that I didn't post it first....

despairingly,

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by FonsoHarman
i am a bit rusty on my runes but it roughly says find a Sunday hail and then references the numbers below. not all the runes are to be taken for their letter form but their symbolic meaning. it could be referencing the sunday mail as that is pretty close but i dunno its 4 am here so there i did what i could lol. hope it helps a little bit. if someone cross references the runes against some other ones it might make a little more sense.

might be sunday trail

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

might be sunday trail

...Or I'll just end up walkin' in the cold November rain...

Bye,

...comment said all.
edit on 27-12-2011 by notmyrealname because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by notmyrealname
throw some fresh herbs in a small pouch, wrap it in some freshly sliced garlic slivers and then wrap the original writings with aluminum foil and then lead foil (camera 1800 and above film bags will suffice) on the fence.

This will rid you of further attempts and further contact...all the while leaving them extremely nervous about how you replied and what it means for them.

peace.

Mmmmmm!...

garlic!

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I dismiss historical runes to a point as some of the symbols are not from a known rune alphabet.
Yes some look like runes but some are not.

That does not exclude a modern fake rune alphabet used by a group. rune alphabets do not have 26 letters so someone may have added fake runes to 26 runes.so they could use the runes as a code.

Have you checked other fences up and down the street to see of there are more of these.

Years ago i drove a small town in Texas nuts for weeks just by marking satanic signs on street signs all over there town.
The funny part was i did all the satanic marks weeks before i called the local paper to point them out.
Teens in that town had problems for months as there parents thought they must be involved in a satanic cult.
The teens in that town were morons anyway.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I dismiss historical runes to a point as some of the symbols are not from a known rune alphabet.

That does not exclude a modern fake rune alphabet used by a group. rune alphabets do not have 26 letters so someone may have added fake runes to get 26 runes.so they could use the runes as a code.

Have you checked other fences up and down the street to see of there are more of these.

Years ago i drove a small town in Texas nuts for weeks just by marking satanic signs on street signs all over there town.
The funny part was i did all the satanic marks weeks before i called the local paper to point them out.
Teens in that town had problems for months as there parents thought they must be involved in a satanic cult.
edit on 27-12-2011 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Mmmmmm!...

garlic!

You can never have enough garlic....

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED

That does not exclude a modern fake rune alphabet used by a group. rune alphabets do not have 26 letters so someone may have added fake runes to get 26 runes.so they could use the runes as a code.

edit on 27-12-2011 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

i have done things like that... you have to be careful doing things like that

i didn't do it to get others in trouble though. i have absolutely no idea why i did it other than thinking they looked cool. i wore symbols. I even had a small mayan calendar and for years thought it was an aztec sun dial whatever that is, because that is what someone told me. i still have it... along with the lightning bolt and the inverted ankh that looks like a little man with his head stuck in the ground or like he is hanging upside down. I like it better that way... looks better that way hanging from a chain. i used to think of songs stuck in my head in class and get adrenaline surges and find myself writing the song on something or various crap like that. There were some chicks in my area and some were friends and some were sorta friends but sort of bitches and i drew the guns n roses cross and all our hairstyles and skulls on the cross and dropped it in the mail before i knew others were coming in
... because i used to be creative like that. I think it was found but i can't be certain because whoever found it might have been quiet about it or something... i can't recall, it seems like somebody found it and i saw them with it and they kept it. it was pretty cool but i drew myself in the middle of course, just to be cocky.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname

Oh, I don't know... You might be surprised. I've been a follower of Wicca for most of my life and I'm an avid shooter with a permit to carry that is well used.
The witches I know don't leave life entirely to the Gods and fate. Hey, what more can you ask for when you think about it though? Your victim can shoot ya AND give you a proper send off to the next life.

I'm still going with Pagan (or Wiccan specifically) runes. Unless proven otherwise.... The numbers, I'd look for a simple replacement cipher. This stuff is basic..... I mean there is nothing artistic to solving such a puzzle. You would think there would be freeware software out there to pattern match and crack cheap ciphers like this for the pure practice of writing the program, if nothing else. Odd that there wouldn't be......

Now if I am right and this is Pagan related to any of the Faiths...it is something to get to the bottom of whether good or bad. Leaving such a direct and personal 'artifact' is telling. It's either a joke and meant to be founbd..or it wasn't meant to be found as quickly as it was, if at all.

The former possibility is cute that REALLY missed the target. The latter though..if real intent lay behind it...is quite serious indeed. Either for actual effect..or just someone FAR more interested in your boyfriend than is normal ? .. Oh Well.. Don't mind me. I'm just throwing out possibilities.

Then again we could all be over thinking this to death and some kid is laughing his tail off out there somewhere...

edit on 27-12-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by notmyrealname

you could also add some olive oil, put this in the oven for 20 mintues, (minus the lead foil of course) and make yourself a rather tasty olive dressing!

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackSatinDancer

thats weird we just went to his aunts house for christmas she lives in harrison, but they're all old Idk why they would put that there, but its a consideration

Edit: Spelling
edit on 12/27/2011 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroUnlmtd

Thanks, I knew some one would say that, but no sadly I did not write this.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld

What this was on the xfiles?! TELL ME MORE

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join