It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Boyfriend found this on his fence the other day.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Well if you go back to page 3 of this thread. I presented a petty attempt of the numbers and symbol. Yes I realize that it was a very unskillful attempt but 686 was one hell of a random number to pull. Such a number that tied in with the runic lettering in the op picture. That's kinda right on the money there. I could have gotten any random year way out of the time frame when runes where commonly used but instead I arrived at 686. It also happen to produce a name. Jen or if you take it as I mentioned Jeny as in a nickname or just short for Jenny.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by StopFearMongering

That's dandy. But those deciphered runes give gibberish. That is the point.
Wanderingscribe gave a decent guess, although I agree with him it seems a bit nonsensical.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
They are nordic runes of the elder "futhark"

Elder Futhark

Some people try to use these phonetically (representing english letters) but truthfully they were never intended to be used as individual letters. Each rune represents a part of a universal process, or archetype.

They are not "occultic", as occult literally means "unknown", though the word rune translates roughly to the word "mystery

some of the symbols are slight variations and might be part of the younger futhark, or of the anglo-saxon rune row. all are similar, but most symbols should be found in the above link.

When it comes to sigils, intention is everything. Each person can have their own interpretation of each symbol or rune. The picture looks like it's used simply for some type of cryptogram however.
edit on 27-12-2011 by vardlokkur because: because

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Have they even been deciphered?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6

Just posting it here for those unable to view it otherwise.
edit on 12/27/2011 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

Didn't the Zodiac salt his messages with nonsense noise symbols?

Take every other character and squint. Stuff in between could be meaningless cool-rune-font-looking junk.

I'm getting

(uparrow) HI AMY

using a similar code for the numbers (ignore every other one) you could make a 7 digit phone number out of it.

edit on 27-12-2011 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by vardlokkur

It's not Elder Furthark. The symbols are clearly of a more modern variation of Furthark.

I don't really know about the numbers nor do I have much time to study the symbols. Just remember that the beginning of the Furthark alphabet is in fact "FURTHARK".

link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

I arrived at f j e n y s J h d t s. Reposting since I also believe my post was overlooked.
Funny how we both arrived at some one having std.

Again op, do you know of any one named Jen or Jenny?

link   
Looks like someone has been playing too much Skyrim and wanted to write a message.

Very interesting to see such writing on a piece of paper in a random location. Very cool looking.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Well, I do not know if this has been mentioned, but you live in Ohio right?
Why not look into the runes in Ohio, I believe they were called the Rushville Rune stones, but I may have that wrong. Although, from what I can see it does look like the other poster who said it looks like Amy then a phone number is probably right.
Hope that helps, but I know it probably doesn't.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
looking at the picture up close made my third eye tingle..interesting.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Has anyone mentioned Greek?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Mine wasn't necessarily a guess. I only substituted one letter. Otherwise, those are the English equivalents of all of the rune stones presented on the parchment. STD HAS AN ELF might be a code for something else though. Or, there's always the possibility that the whole thing is a prank, or a hoax, which has been orchestrated to keep curious minds occupied.

When we analyze it as if it were a rune casting we get the following. Personal note, this is an extremely surface level analysis, as I didn't feel like doing a proper rune casting and full-on interpretation of the runes utilized:

Fehu - represents the origin point of the rune alphabet. It is the first rune, so it represents the wealth of creation, and the limitless potential for all things to manifest in a multitude of variations.

Laguz - represents the element of water, and likewise corresponds to both the Shadow Self (Id of psychology) and the Yin of the Tao. On a lower plane it represents the receptive nature of a person; their ability to listen and receive, hear and hold, and analyze what they are being told, or given.

Ehwaz - Is a dual-nature rune. On the purely material plane it represents movement, action, travel, or vacations which are fast approaching. On a more mystical, or spiritual plane it represents the need, and advancement, of forming the bond and link with the Higher Self, spirit, or Super-consciousness.

Nauðiz - this is the rune of patience, and a lack of change. It indicates that movement is slow, and the formation of desired goals will be impeded. Instead of panicking, rushing, or losing your head though, this represent a time which needs recuperation, meditation, and observation.

Sōwilō - this rune represents the Sun, and is thusly dedicated to activity, energy, fortune, creativity, inspiration and musings. A burst of activity and formation are coming about quickly, and now is the time to seek out the heart's desires.

Ansuz - representing the Great Fires of Creation, and the god Odin. This rune symbolizes the uncovering of secrets, the advancement of traditions, the inheritance of past generations, and situations of a like manner. Additionally, it also represents getting lost in the self, and losing sight of the goal.

Dagaz - represents breakthroughs, revelations, awakenings and all manner of spiritual journey into the true nature of the self. Transitions and transformations are prevalent in this rune, which parallels Atu XIII: Death, from the Tarot very closely. On a more mundane level Dagaz also represents dualism: night/day; light/dark; living/dead, etc.

Tīwaz - is the rune of honor, strength, courage, and the faculties of mind; reason, rational, and intelligence. This rune cultivates experience, and life lessons which are then turned to internal benefit, to help the recipient receive the highest virtues in their daily life.

Again though, the meaning and intended meaning could only ever be known by the one who cast the runes, and created the sigil/amulet/talisman. The duplication of particular runes makes the interpretation even more difficult, as rune lots often only contain one of each rune stone, making duplicate runes in a single reading impossible.

~ Scribe

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
It says Bengals goin to tha playoffs

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I noticed many were from The Hobbit originally, but some were different... So I checked up on Wikipedia (lol) knowing that I've seen them *somewhere* else before, and I found the Runic Script page (below).

Still, looking at some of the scripts given, I noticed that this is an amalgamation of many of the ancient texts. Not being an expert, I bashed together the closest I could find. The last letter on the right I assumed was an "S", but I couldn't find it anywhere. It looked most like an "S", so I went with that.

Before my findings, I will point out there's a Tolkien Rune Translator (link below) that I guess they used - or I'm guessing they used a similar one. It confirmed that the "dot" in the middle is indeed referring to the fact that the second string of symbols is a word.

Anyway, after smashing together the closest letters, I was left with this;

OHENY SAHDTS

Not sure if that means anything to you, but it didn't mean a thing to me. Until I remembered I had found an anagram generator on my travels through the internet (link below). I ran this through the anagram, using the "advanced search" filter to make sure there is five letters in each word (since the first word seems to have 5 letters, the second has six). The only one that came back that was 5 + 6 words was;

SHADY HONEST

Interesting, no?

No clue what the numbers mean... and I'm probably waaaayyy off. I figure the numbers mean letters in the alphabet... who knows? I don't think the numbers are a clue to the symbols though, because there are more numbers than symbols. Then again, I'm no expert.

Here's the links;

en.wikipedia.org...

www.bmeijer.com...

wordsmith.org...
edit on 27-12-2011 by goldenelf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaworu

I knew a girl jenny way back in highschool but that was about 4 years ago, not anyone currently

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by goldenelf

Thats actually a pretty cool, considering this message is very shady, honest. Lol

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
hmm thanks!! Yeah i am gonna plug those letters into an anagram too!

Thanks for doing so much extensive research into this for me

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Question that I probably should have asked way earlier:
What is a rune?
What is the point or use of a rune?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
What you have on your hands is somoene who has taken several different dead languages and put letters from each one on a piece of paper. I counted 4 paleo-hebrew letters total and those are the ones i actually know of. No aliens or anything junk like that, just someone is screwing with your head and hoping youre dumb enough to fall for it.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by NerdGoddess
Question that I probably should have asked way earlier:
What is a rune?
What is the point or use of a rune?

Runes are an archaic and dead system of writing used by anglo-saxons and their Norse (viking) kin.

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join