It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explorers begin search for "Jungle Yeti"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Two UK based amateur explorers are heading to Sumatra,Indonesia to search the jungle for a creature dubbed,"The Orang Pendek".It is supposedly a creature related to the Orangutan,except for the fact that it travels as a biped(walking upright like a human)and is about 5 feet tall.Hair samples found from the creature undergoing DNA analysis came back with no known match.Best of luck to the guys,hopefully they capture something on tape.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
would'nt a "jungle yeti" be a bigfoot? or would that be a "forest" yeti

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Sounds like a Skunk Ape.

These wild semi-mythological animals are the physical manifestations of uman imagination and will never be caught on anything more than film.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Foobarr
would'nt a "jungle yeti" be a bigfoot? or would that be a "forest" yeti

How about tree monkey?

I'm still awaiting the discovery of the bipedal hairless beach yeti, often seen near the sea in possibly religious outfits only covering their groin and sometimes chest (if female).

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
im changing my guess from bigoot to skunk ape because i have heard of it just needed some brain sparkpulgs to jolt it back in there

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Follow up on the story-The investigators have discovered evidence to support the creature's existence.Now they need to get that thing on film!

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
BTW,my guess is that this is some sort of morphed breed of orangatan,much like the new species of chimp discovered in Congo.The cool thing about these species,if witnesses are to be believed,is that they are bipedal for the most part,instead of using their hands and feet to move about.It will be cool to get some of these things in a zoo.

[edit on 12-10-2004 by 11thdimension]

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   
All I have to say is "Good Luck".

top topics

join