It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Name earth like planets we could realistically visit!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
It is estimated the slowing of earth and lunar rotation will reach equilibrium in about 7 billion years but the sun will destroy earth before then. What this means is the lunar phases and earth's rotation will become the same and earth's magnetosphere will deteriorate. An earth day and a lunar phase will last somewhere around 55 earth days today, and if the sun lasted forever that equilibrium would never change from that point on. No further would the moon recede from earth and no further slowing of earth's rotation would continue or the moon's orbital speed around earth. A tidal lock would be achieved, if all else around us would remain constant. Tidal forces from the moon would halt our earth's core from creating our protective magnetosphere, earth would cool, lose it's water and atmosphere, and we then would all slowly die.

But we have some time for future planning yet.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

The only viable travel option would possibly be folding space, travel from point A to point B instantly and ignoring the line in between. We don't have the technology for that and we probably never will, you couldn't control it and you may end up in the heart of a star of a planet or even in a blackhole. Then there's the wormhole theory, i am no astrophysicist but i imagine the gravitational fields in a wormhole would probably crush all of your body into the size of a sub atomic paprticle. Then there's my all time favorite, creating a tachyon bubble which would get you faster than light (theoretically) but i don't think tachyons have been proven to exist.

Before you can even worry about having the technology to leave the solar system you need to worry about developing the technology to leave earth and survive out in the void and it is just too far beyond anything we have right now. It could take millions or even billions of years of research to figure that out and i doubt humanity can survive that long.
edit on 26-12-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by thedeadwalkk

so why wouldnt it be possible? we just witnessed a ufo hanging out by mercury... it is possible that our ancestors lived on another planet, and maybe thats why we cant find the evidence of our origins is because its not here...

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

Hate to say it but perhaps that is why they keep pushing for a new world order.

The combined knowledge, resources and money of each nation could very well bring us to these places.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join