It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TPTB won this Christmas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
In my honest opinion we looked like fools this year and by we I mean the so called "99" percent or whatever that means. I am not trying to insult anyone but it was clear to me that when they took the occupy movement and distorted its message and it just went about changing things in the wrong way.

Instead of just sitting in one spot demanding change we should have STOPPED buying all this crap corporations are cramming down our throats with shiney commercials and gimmicky songs, the malls are PACKED around here. IMO you cant really be against the 1% or corporate corruption and sit there tweeting on your Iphone while drinking a starbucks or BUYING ANYTHING made overseas.

All I saw was more divide and conquer tactics and most people look at the occupy movement as a bunch of drum beating hippies ( I know that was not true). The message got lost and us morons me included went and pumped more money into this broken system.

Imagine everyone made their own gifts or bought locally and instead of occupy we simply just didnt buy into their game. Our purchasing power is a tool we just dont seem to use to our advantage as hidden fees and hidden charges show us they will take us for every cent they can. Just remeber corporations exsist because we buy their crap!

The world today seems like a really bad comedy/horror movie and we need to change the script and fire the actors.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Slickinfinity

Instead of just sitting in one spot demanding change we should have STOPPED buying all this crap corporations are cramming down our throats with shiney commercials and gimmicky songs, the malls are PACKED around here. IMO you cant really be against the 1% or corporate corruption and sit there tweeting on your Iphone while drinking a starbucks or BUYING ANYTHING made overseas.

That is the only effective way to make a change.

Before you spend a single hard-earned dollar, ask to speak to the owner of the establishment. If the owner is not a local flesh and blood person, then don't shop there.

Before you put a single dollar in a bank, ask to speak to a decision maker for the bank. A flesh and blood person, on-site, that can make loan decision. Make sure the money is going to stay local and not become part of a global agenda. (Just yesterday, I called my credit union, talked to a nice lady, and she raised my credit limit by $1500. I also moved my car loans from Toyota Finance to the Credit Union, got it done instantly, with no hassle.)

Don't buy anything "disposable." By stuff that you can wash and re-use. Don't buy into the "recycling" hype. It is a farse. RE-USE is the most Green Friendly, not recyclable.

GREAT THREAD!!

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I have to admit that I also added to the problem this year. You see, I'm usually not the kind of person that buys into any of that crap. I don't have a cell phone, Ipad, any thing else of that nature. I have loans through the credit union and try to buy everything I have to buy locally. Well, this year my wife asked for a WII and I went out and bought it. Damn, I could kick myself... Oh well, at least she'll be happy.

Also, I agree with you Getreadyalready, re-use everything you possibly can. I don't recycle, I read that most of it ends up in landfills anyway.
edit on 12/23/2011 by wtbengineer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Starbucks CEO Calls for a Boycott on Campaign Donations

LINK

This is more of a reason to drink Starbucks IMO...

The banks did not win. The message was heard loud and clear, and even reached far corners of the planet. That does not sound like a fail to me.

The banks were embarrassed no doubt, but once they get inside around all their wealth then that embarrassment disappears.

Nothing will change until we get rid of congress and lobbyist trying to control the government. The congress is supposed to be the people's voice but it's drowned out by special interest groups.

I still think anyone speaking on behalf of Americans should be subjected to a lie detector and face their guilt.
edit on 23-12-2011 by SmArTbEaTz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Would you really rather go back to the stone age?

Today, we have groups of people working together to make products that individuals alone couldn't produce..

they're called corporations..

Yeah, I basically oversimplified.
edit on 23-12-2011 by rbnhd76 because: I'm a Trolly Roller

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by rbnhd76

Thanks for the thread op.. S/F for sure. This is a suject passionate to my heart and close to "Home" so to speak.

As far as The Stoneage? Its not a question of going back to The Stoneage. Its a question of forcing big companies to stop profiting from slavery wages paid in these foreign countries to people that never owned a TV till 5-8 years ago. Nothing wrong with a cell phone , if thats what you want or a China made product, IF THATS WHAT YOU WANT. But to have no choice but to buy 95% ( if not more ) of the basic things needed for living from the hands of foreign workers and profiting the Governments and societies of every major country other than the one that is allowing the SELLING of the goods to it's People.

Its no different than making you buy a red pair of shoes if you want shoes at all.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
We can always opt out. They would be afraid and create even worse laws, but we're the ones who need to stop them. Occupy Wall Street was out of my league, by the way, I can't travel to go to a protest with my kids, and stay anywhere.

The protests that were needed IMO would be ongoing and daily, every single day until they leave. It would be in all our communities, but not everyone would be on the line. We would spell each other off, take turns, ensure signatures to fill in for the others, some of who would be bringing coffee, and hot soup and sandwiches, a real community effort. It would target our legislation offices, our MLA's, our town mayors and city hall. It would mean business. It would include meditation, and prayer for the prayerful of all faiths, It would include the homeless, not be embarrassed by them. They need land donations and yurts, and some restrictive by laws regarding drug laws repealed. Because they would make it impossible, under current laws, if a person is found with that, they can take the property, so how do you help them. All these laws have to be repealed to begin with.

We need BULLHORNS, and be their worst nightmare.

Now we can't all be out on the line, people have things to do, and kids still need family.

We can form Counsels in every single town, and region maybe, and unite them across the country, that speaks up, researches, educates, videos, and gets people to stand up.

We can get energy devices built by communities, heritage seed banks in communities, we can do projects to get gangs of kids off the streets and instead building things, including telescopes and sky watching, with infared.

We can replace their businesses, but not long work hours, do the joint thing, with ohters, matching up some who can't work like homeless or shut in, or disabled with some able bodied into a business, and reduce hours, share, profit share after expenses, and 30% set aside for growth, share equally the rest. Do the opposite of the evil rules running the show here.

We can replace their products. Start co-ops for fair trade coffee and chocolate.

We can partner up with regions in the third world and export models of our communities and go for land donations, energy supplies, wells, heritage seeds, etc etc and education for them.

We can form safe houses in their communities that take in the street children and get them creating, art therapy and some hugs to heal their wounds, but the older ones are quite tough, some sociopaths and could kill people in their sleep. So we need some real counselors and psychologists and some workers to help. We have to love each other and equalize, but say NO TO THEIR FASCISM. Everyone needs so much healing.

We should n't endorse or vote for any of them.

But for many low income families, myself included. Christmas and birthdays, which are very hard, and take family help, are the only time the kids get what they want, I can't take them out to movies and treat them. Their self esteem counts too.
edit on 23-12-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
The kind of nonstop protests we need, would have the whole town show up if they were going to target, they would have take us all out We may take turns on those lines but we would be quick to emmasse and encircle and protect and anyone they manage to nab we would bust out. We would not hurt them but we defend and protect humanity. And sign round table pledges to do so.

Nothing hidden, all in the open. They would have so much karma on their hands.

We have to break their hearts too you know, some of them have some light in them. Break their hearts, all of them.

They need to made accountable for what they're doing.

But unless its for everyone, and not dog eat dog, but for the homeless, and shut ins, and for young children who need their families no matter what their economic situations, I'm not for it. I woudn't support anyones free movements when they just mean repeating their own version of the pyramid system of slavery and forcing, and continuing business as usual, in their own corporations.

I want this world equal and abundant, valuing all people highly educated so they know that you don't put children in daycare when they're young, being for each other, equally. A world of no slavery, volunteering by able bodied, caring and commitments, not leaving anyone in isolation.

There are many movements, but some of them are for more laws, like some of the lists I saw on the OWS, some are for no taxes, or complete dog eat dog survival of the uncencumbered young male with good health.

I don't support that at all. Thats not the world I would go out and form lineups and take blows from the police for.

edit to add: I would go out and stand by lineups and encircle and try to protect people protesting for the right to have eco farms, for land donations and beautiful, not hubbles, and just function over form tiny packing crates, but beautiful earthship homes, and yurts big enough for family size, with land for gardens, landscaping, help to do the gardening, volunteers, for the HOMELESS. For the poor including the druggies, all of them, wihtout prejudice and no forcing anyone to work for mcdonalds or any corrupt corporation but encouraging help in the work that needs done, and role modeling it, what can be done, encouraging the homeless and able bodied to help build energy devices, and telescopes and do some sky gazing with infared, encouraging them to prepare heritage food and vitamins for distribution.

There is work to do, but not overwork, everyone needs time to meditate and enjoy life too.

I won't risk life and limb for more of the same, just the younger crop doing it. It has to be for a real goal. Not the same.

I would try to protect for some of the abusive drug laws and land use laws to be overturned. All the blocks they put to every doorway or window that we could sneak out of to make it impossible to do so. They blocked up anything we could think of.

I would serve and protect for the right things, but not for the wrong.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Reply to post by Slickinfinity

Okay.....there was a movement to not buy anything. Most people involved with occupations probably followed through with that. Its the mainstream you need to get involved.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Christmas isn't about winning or losing.

It's a time to get together with family and friends.

I do think that people should stay within their budgets if they choose to purchase gifts for Christmas.

In our home, gift giving has always been pretty low key with a lot of people making presents for others.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Those buying are one of two things: Rich out the whazoo or they are government dolees...all I saw in my area was Access cards flying like crazy at these places. They are quite content both parties as we are paying their way.

All the really hard workers and those that are having no help and really do need it, our christmas is screwed, can't buy for our children because we are not "eligable", the displaced workers, or we can't afford it (the workers) because of the money going to MS GHETTO FAT BaBY MAMMAS.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Christmas as hard as it is on families is something kids look forward to. Its not on the table.

Look at the protests in middle east/Egypt. They did all that, obviously pushed by the cia plants, BUT, they just voted in SHARIA and even more oppression for their women. I would never support the protests that currently have no clear idea of what they heck they are even about, for more laws, for less taxes (hence no equality, no medical and services, oh yeah woopie woopie, thats the only reason for government, there is no other reason, I don't elect law makers and police managers, that is slavery. Unless the gift boomerangs back into my community or the homes of all the needy and is creating a wonderful eutopia I won't give it at all).

The movements need to be for the poor, the homeless, equality, to repeal repressive laws, for land and homes for all, and to end slavery to corrupt corporations. Selfless not selfish.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
Christmas isn't about winning or losing.

It's a time to get together with family and friends.

I do think that people should stay within their budgets if they choose to purchase gifts for Christmas.

In our home, gift giving has always been pretty low key with a lot of people making presents for others.

You see? This is the problem I have with the whole Xmas BS! We no longer spend time with our families, the majority of people devote the whole year trying to see what their partners, families, etc would like for Xmas. And when you don't get them what they want (they I mean kids) they go ballistic on you!

My family and friends and my girlfriend hate me when Xmas comes around because I keep telling them I DON' T WANT ANYTHING, but they still buy staff! I love comments from them like "You are hard to get a present for"...and my answer "Well, then stop buying them, I don't want them!" LOL
edit on 23-12-2011 by TheEnlightenedOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I really hope this Christmas the Elite and Welfare Queens choke on turkey bones this christmas,,,One can only hope the truly entitlement class be wiped out in one fell swoop!!!

ETA: Forgot to add That TPTB can also choke on a turkey bone!!!!

edit on 23-12-2011 by ldyserenity because: spelling

edit on 23-12-2011 by ldyserenity because: to add

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TheEnlightenedOne

The easiest thing to do in your case would be to supply a list of either modestly priced gifts that you could use or request that they make a donation to charity in your name.

You seem like you've got a chip on your shoulder about Christmas so perhaps you're not the enlightened one after-all.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by rbnhd76

No, I do not want the stone age at all and I understand your point but its the blatant evil greed which imo breaks the backs of the poor and middle class in countries developed or not. Our current system is just plain stupid even the morons at the top must realize they are killing their own future by destroying our planet and our humanity.

I have great respect for people who take ideas and make things happen with usefull products and stuff we use in modern society. Corporations/banks/governments and all the rest became evil and imo have turned against humanity the moment they put greed and profit before everything.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

The same was for me unity, I have a wife and 2 kids to support and I was not going to make them suffer so I could go sit and protest. I did support OWS in its core which was against coruption in all its forms but I knew tptb were laughing and using msm to make them look like drum beating hippies or spoiled college kids.

All we have to do is use our purchasing power every day with every transaction as its basically voting with our dollars. If noone bought Mcrauncy's gut grenades would they be forced to change how they do buisness?

I am very lucky at the moment I live in a very productive place and have a good job and people tell me I dont have much to complain about but I just want to live in a world where the 3rd world and the really poor get a fair shot to.

join