It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous attacking creators of indefinite detention bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

On Wednesday, Internet hacktivists gathered on the Web to find a way to take on the lawmakers, who have allowed for this detrimental legislation to make it all the way to the Oval Office desk. Upon discussion of routes to take to show their opposition to the overwhelming number of politicians who voted in favor of NDAA, Anonymous members agreed to begin with Senator Robert J Portman, a Republican lawmaker from the state of Ohio. By Thursday morning, an Anonymous operative released personal information pertaining to the lawmaker, and revealed that not only was Sen. Portman among the politicians to vote “aye” on the legislation, but it has also been revealed that the senator had good reason to do so. According to a OpenCongress.org, Sen. Portman received $272,853 from special interest groups that have shown support for NDAA. “Robert J. Portman, we plan to make an example of you,” writes an Anonymous operative. The hacktivist has also released personal data including the senator’s home address, phone number and social networking accounts in an attempt to further an infiltration from the Internet to show the opposition to the bill that colossally impacts the constitutional rights of Americans. According to the information posted by the operative, the nearly $300,000 in special interest monies lobbied at Portman could have helped him purchase around $1.7 million in real estate in Ohio.

Glad to see someone standing up to the creators of this awful bill. I still disagree with posting a home address, even if it is public knowledge. I would like to see these people run out of office. The special interest groups own the country now. There needs to be more disclosure so we can actually make the right decisions about who we put in office.

Link
edit on 22-12-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
No one will ever be run out of office, there are far too many to run out and the US citizens have no guts. Nearly every person in power needs to be rounded up, tortured, and enslaved. A bit harsh? I believe they are guilty of doing it to all of the US citizens for how many centuries?

We need an ANON/Ninja team to get to work already, forget the internet and hacking, we need to start with actual physical responses.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Ah, those special interest groups at work again.

Nothing to see here, everything is fine, trust the corporation, they only have your best interests at heart!
So what if your lawmakers are bought!
Look at the Kardashians, they're not complaining!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I'm torn on how personal these attacks should get. Things didn't start this way - they had a start point that began with a fair expectation that those with power wield their power responsibly. But the powerful couldn't feel shame with bank accounts like that. So people sought redemption through our legal system, penalizing the losers with fines, penalties and license losses. But the powerful one-upped us by lobbying our government, infiltrating our committees and winding this all up by creating a corporatocracy. So the people took to the streets in peaceful protest. But the powerful took these public spaces away. So the people...

The people what? The people realized there's one reliable thing these people still fear: physical danger. Perhaps the powerful could be frightened into doing the right thing? Like I said, I'm torn. They destroy lives on a daily basis. How long should they get before they are taught what that feels like? For how long should one destroy before fearing one's own destruction? 8 months? 112 years? Forever?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by chasingbrahman

You make some good points. So you feel that since we have effectively exhausted legal measures to spur change, it may be time to take more drastic action? Interesting. I'm torn too.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
...I still disagree with posting a home address, even if it is public knowledge. I would like to see these people run out of office.

When The Peoples voices go unheard time and time and time again, perhaps a NEW method is needed. Hence, this option. Perhaps such a method will get The Peoples cries heard for once.

The People are SICK and TIRED of not being heard time and time again.

Trying the same pleading and begging over and over without ever getting anywhere is madness and a waste of time. A new method needs to be tried and this is a good start.

These politicians are ruining this country and we have had NO SAY IN ANY OF IT for a LONG time.
edit on 22-12-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I wish I knew the answer. It's sends a chill up my spine to think that violence is the only answer when attempting to resolve a problem. We all want to believe that with the right argument, fairness will prevail. Any governing body which acquired its authority through bloodshed can be trusted to employ the tactic again. I could see a civil war in the US and an overthrow of our government becoming a continuation of current tyranny. I could also see a peaceful protest vehemently against violence getting blown to bits by its own military.

I often wonder if it's a childish, uninformed wish for us all to be content with ourselves without simultaneously taking that right from another. Then again, I also wonder if humans, being from the same species, actually manifest as different breeds like we see in the animal kingdom.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

So Anon is attacking the Republicans but not the freakin co sponsor of the bill, Levin a Democrat. Anon is looking more and more leftist anarchist to me all the time.

It looks to me like the original bill was intended for real enemies of the State not American Citizens which would explain the Republican support, and the WH was going to veto but lo and behold Obama insisted on the language of the bill including American citizens to be detained, so now the President didn't veto the bill with that language in it. And Anon has the gall to attack Republicans over this. Why doesn't Anon come out against POTUS? They are leftists that's why. Every thing they sponsor is from a leftist point of view.
edit on 23-12-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

join