It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Tiny Story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
This is a story that was inspired by a dream I had;

I'm sitting on a bridge, the Coronado bridge, which is a highly traveled bridge in San Diego(it's out Golden Gate down here), which is dangerous because no pedestrians are supposed to be on it, and me and my friends are looking across the bay, towards the airport, and we see a passenger plane take off in our direction. Thinking nothing of it, my friends and I carry on with our conversation. But then, the plane is dangerously close to the bridge, and I can see it headed straight for it. Jumping is not an option, as the jump would kill me as I hit the water, but strangely I'm not afraid. Instead, I smile and a flashback appears in my head;

:flashback:
Dick Cheney is talking about making the right choice this election, and if you choose Kerry, another terrorist attack will strike America.

:Back to Bridge:
I now recall that the election hasn't happened yet, and this terrorist attack happens under Bushes watch. The plane hits the bridge and I die, but I get to see the aftermath of the entire situation; citizens are furious at the Bush administration for saying those comments and not keeping America safe like there whole campaign had been promising. But Bush puts his nail in the coffin when he says, it's things like these that are why you need me in office. Kerry wins by a landslide, and I awaken.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Nice!

Flashback: drinking a margarita at the Hotel Del, 1996. Boom times, materially satiated, tolerant, friendly staff and patrons.

Flashfoward: confusion, fear, terror, worry, uncertainty, erosion of civil rights, misery, divisiveness, chaos, dissent swept under the carpet.

This terror attack brought to you exclusively by your "temporary" (Skull & Bones nick) Bush administration.

[edit on 8-9-2004 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Only two more months! I'll raise a glass to that

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Wait do you live in San Diego or were you just visiting? If you were visiting, the Hotel Del was bought out by a new company about a year ago, so I don't know how good the staff is now, although I can vouch for one guy I know who works there, since he got his job back after they fired all employees and rehired only a few.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Interesting!

I like the establishment - but I've only been there twice. Most of my time has been in Old Town San Diego.

Actually the people who serve patrons with Margaritas there are probably very good mood barometers.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I plan on dying on Coronado Island once I retire, but I have no clue why my dream put me on the bridge, there is no sidewalk or anything, my friends and I were just sitting on the edge of the bridge. ( I don't know if you've been on the bridge or not, but it's nothing like they show it on the movie Anchorman)

top topics

join