It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do We Deserve Freedom Or Should It Be Earned?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
For effect, play this youtube video while reading.

We are not free, we have no right to be.

We have let brutes and tyrants hijack our souls in the name of protection and comfort. They have taken our freedom and replaced it was the illusion of. And what is worse is we have let them.

The greed of degenerates has dwindled our humanity. The ambition of control has allowed a select few to dictate the lives of those they will never know. And what is worse is that we let them.

Poverty, Famine, War and Disease are the four pillars of profit in a world un-check by the masses. In a world were the masses have been comforted into a childlike state. And what is worse is we have allowed it.

Do we not deserve to be free? Do we not deserve to run our own lives? Do we not deserve the right to build our own world, a world based on the principles of Humanity. The principles of Love, Kindness, brother and sister-hood. The princibles of family and health.

NO, We do not deserve it. We lost the right to freedom the minute we swaped it for comfort and protection.

But we can win it back! We can earn our freedom. We can rise up as the family we are. We can take back our lives, our freedom, our Humanity!

A some point in the near future we will come to a crossroad, a crossroad were we can earn back our freedom. We must seize the moment to liberate freedom from the clutchs of the free.

ALS

edit on 21-12-2011 by ALOSTSOUL because: spelling

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL

A some point in the near future we will come to a crossroad, a crossroad were we can earn back our freedom. We must cease the moment to liberate freedom from the clutchs of the free.

ALS

I do agree. That day will be when chaos breaks out. The scenario of order out of chaos can go both ways. We can allow someone else to create the order or we can create the order. It all depends on the will of the people and how strongly they feel about freedom. Either way, order will be restored at some point, the question really is who do we allow to create the order. Us or them.
edit on 21-12-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Us or them.

It has to be Us, The Internet Generation. Never in the history of Human kind have we actual had the ability to become what we have always known we are, One.

With the Internet we can teach and learn from eachover, correct mistakes, help eachover and most importantly keep eachother 'in-check'.

ALS

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
A friend of mine recently said "I'm surprised that Democracy every took hold." I think his point was that, within our hearts we are really just mean little monkeys who are still trying to keep all the bananas. We only go along with social norms, and democratic ideals because in the end, it suits our purposes. If you don't share you bananas no one will share with you.

That being said, North Americans live in the minority. As much as I get sick of the greed, self-interest and posturing that passes for politics in North America, I am still happy I don't live in the other 85% of the world where the lunatics took over the asylum long ago.

You have to fight for freedom, but its very hard to get back once the goons take over. We need some fundamental change in our systems (dare I say, the US more than Canada), but I think we can find our way back with some structural changes in the system.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

A some point in the near future we will come to a crossroad, a crossroad were we can earn back our freedom. We must cease the moment to liberate freedom from the clutchs of the free.

Not to nitpick on your grammar, as I know what you meant, but in this context, someone could construe your poor grammar to mean something completely different.

Cease - To stop.
You need to edit and put in;
Seize - To take control of.

But on topic... The American people have had more than one chance to seize the moment as it were.
They have not yet and I don't see them ever doing so unless the Government declares war on them directly.
You may have some small scale rioting if Ron Paul isn't elected, but nothing will change.
For this I fear the most.
What happens in the U.S sets great precedences for Governments around the World.
edit on 21/12/2011 by Sovaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Yes it does have to be us. But until we as citizens can put aside the petty differences and actually work together we are screwed and they will win. I would say the first step for the majority of the people is that there needs to be an astronomical increase in national pride. No body will fight for something they do not believe in. If it takes shutting down the iphone system then I say do it, if that is what it takes to get people to look around and see what is going on, I would say that would at least get people fired up.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both. If we restrict liberty to attain security we will lose them both". - Benjamin Franklin.

Apparently, you do not deserve freedom. Not anymore.
edit on 21/12/11 by NuclearPaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
You neither deserve nor not deserve freedom.

But you don't deserve to be enslaved.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I hope we reach the point of earning our freedom but I have little faith left for that.

While there are many, many individuals who are in the right place or very close to it the majority of of humanity is just a seething mass of self obsessed, hedonistic animals. I can't see that changing any time soon either...

I hope I'm wrong though

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Freedom is the greatest gift bestowed upon man by God, and only God can take it away. Don't believe in God? Then replace the word God with the word Nature. Anyway, every human deserves freedom by virtue of being born, but those who are not free because of tyrannical rulers will only appreciate freedom if they earn it themselves, by taking up arms against their oppressors.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Earned? It is a birthright according to the Constitution and granted everyman. When you say earned you are indicating somewhere it is earned from? Who might be the payee here? You see that is quite impossible to EARN freedom unless you have a MASTER for it to be granted to you from.

No MASTER? Then freedom is yours until it is taken away from you.

Should it be fought for? Of course. You are nothing if not free.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
.....by taking up arms against their oppressors.

I wonder though, at current moment is there any justification for doing so. Certainly there is justification I am sure, but....oh hell I do not know what I am trying to say. Never mind. I have conflicting emotions right now.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
True freedom is a state of being that is bound to all by nature.
Those who wish to oppress such a freedom should be opposed and disposed of their position.

Governments barely have a right to exist as it stands... They have taken that inch we have given them and made a million mile road with it.

Now it is our duty to destroy that road as freeman and women.
What man or woman will take up that charge and do as needed?

Hopefully all those that want TRUE freedom.
Not this modern servitude that we have now.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
What an outrageous statement. Who the hell are you to tell me what I can and cannot do? Personally I dont think you deserve freedom.

A rabbit in the field is free
An animal in the jungle is free
All people should be free

Freedom is a birthright, we fight for our freedom, we always have since the dawn of man, who are you to tell us we should not be?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

I would like to add this into the mix. The human collective inteligence is not that strong at the minute because people are still asleep. Wake them up and then you will see, we have every right. The American civil war was fought so Americans could be free, however a few highly intelligent individuals took advantage of the human race after world war two when people were exhausted from war.

Now people have rested for 50 years its time for the powers that be to destroy that psyche again. This is what we are seeing today. People have a choice, fight for freedom or be a coward and walk into the night.

Freedom, do people even know what that means?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Sadly, most people I talk to believe Freedom is what we have now.
The ability to choose what job we work.
The ability to decide what we do on the weekend with the family.
The ability to choose what food they want for the coming week.

Sadly they haven't equated that the loss of 70% plus of their income is just modern servitude.
There is no reason why the Government should be allowed to take such a sum.
But we do it because we don't want to face the tax man and their punishments and fines.

That can be directly equated to a Master and Slave scenario;
Slave is told to do something by the Master.
The Slave refuses the Master and the Master threatens to reduce the Slave's meals for the week.
Now the Slave is left with two options that will eventually lead to the same outcome.
Option #1 - Stand fast and lose out on some food for the week but being FORCED to do the task anyway.
Option #2 - Agree to the task and keep the status quo.
Either way, the Master gets what he wanted and the Slave stays in their current position... Subservient to the Master.

You can apply that scenario to any part of our modern life when it comes to our "freedom".

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Earned? It is a birthright according to the Constitution and granted everyman. When you say earned you are indicating somewhere it is earned from? Who might be the payee here? You see that is quite impossible to EARN freedom unless you have a MASTER for it to be granted to you from.

In a free society freedom would be a birth right but in this current paradigm all children are born into bondage. From the moment they are conceived they are bonded (for life) to money and the pursuit of it.

We have masters, they are the heads of corporations, heads of banks and institutions, heads of states, royal families.

ALS

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by monkofmimir

I hope we reach the point of earning our freedom but I have little faith left for that.

This should help your faith issue:

ALS

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Freedom is a birthright, we fight for our freedom, we always have since the dawn of man, who are you to tell us we should not be?

But that is the problem, we have stopped fighting. We have accepted a system that allows a small few to make stupid amounts of (non-existent) money even though it is destroying, not only society but our world as well.

ALS

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

reply to post by newcovenant

In a free society freedom would be a birth right but in this current paradigm all children are born into bondage. From the moment they are conceived they are bonded (for life) to money and the pursuit of it.

We have masters, they are the heads of corporations, heads of banks and institutions, heads of states, royal families.

ALS

Although this may indeed be true it is neither our choice nor our destiny.

<<   2 >>

join