It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pepsi can in Iraq say it has similarities to 9-11

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Pepsi can in Iraq say it has similarities to 9-11

www.cafemom.com

Saw this on fb. I see the buildings, I see the plane at the top. Some people are saying they will never buy a pepsi product ever again because of it. What do you think? Do you think it's connected to 9-11?
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
ireport.cnn.com

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
What you see on this commemorative can is a cityscape with two tall buildings smoke comming out of top of one and what may be a plane running into one building. This is mainly on FaceBook and has been reported by soldiers on the scene in Iraq. This is an afront to all those soldiers who have served there. Pepsi has some hard questions to answer, imo.

www.cafemom.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I just don't see it?... That might be smoke coming from the building on the left, can't say for sure.

Maybe it's subconsciousnessly reminding the Iraqi people why the U.S is/was there?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
i didnt need to see this to never buy a pepsi
coca cola all the way baby
it does kinda look like the twin towers imo

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I dont see it.. I wonder if it contains aspartame! or high fructose corn syrup!

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Well, who designed this can art and is this same design being used here in America or in other countries as well???

If not then why not????

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I don't see it. I feel that we are a little too sensitive about buildings/planes. I would think that Pepsi would not be so blatant, and that it's probably recognizable over there.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mOjOm
Well, who designed this can art and is this same design being used here in America or in other countries as well???

If not then why not????

I did learn Iraq has their own Pepsi plant. This is Arabic language. News is sparse so far, mostly on FaceBook.

edit on 18-12-2011 by romanmel because: typo

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

I think that is the crux of the issue here. I would think that Pepsi being corporate and all, that they would have to approve of all labeling regardless of it's country of origin. However, I could be wrong, since I don't head up Pepsi, but I'm making that assumption. That being said and with as much thought & money go into what to put on these cans and why, obviously there was a known intention and idea behind it.

Which then brings us to what that message actually is trying to say and for what purpose. Don't anyone think for a second that other possible interpretations weren't considered or noticed either. If anything they were intentional rather than unknown.
edit on 18-12-2011 by mOjOm because: had to add the "&"

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mOjOm

I agree.

My thought is that they should not put ANYTHING out that could be misinterpreted. Nothing from Pepsi yet that I can find. The soldiers who encountered this were on assignemnt to close down an area since we are withdrawing from Iraq.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
The story is a soldier in Afghanistan received one in the chow hall. He states the can says it is made in Dubai, Saudi Arabia...

ibloga.blogspot.com...

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Must be a slow news day for the people who wrote this one....I think people are reaching a bit on this one, all I see is a populated cityscape.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Just looks like a cityscape with a plane flying overhead. What's the big deal?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise
The story is a soldier in Afghanistan received one in the chow hall. He states the can says it is made in Dubai, Saudi Arabia...

ibloga.blogspot.com...

This may be another report of the same type of can. All news I have seen so far say it was soldiers in Iraq. This news is obviously still developing.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

I might also add that even though in our opinion they "should not" do something makes little difference to Pepsi Co. whether they "would not" do something, such as advertise their product in such a way.

Perhaps someone more familiar with public opinion in the middle east could help us by answering whether or not using this type of advertising would actually be profitable for Pepsi Co. in other countries??? After all that is the only motivation for them in doing so. Either to gain customers or increase sales.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mental Oasis

This.

Buildings with airplane in scene... Like every major city in the world...

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I see the plane and the buildings but it's just a design. It wouldn't have been a problem before 9/11. Iraq had nothing to do will 9/11 to our knowledge so I see no problem with it.
Although the whole Gatorade Conspiracy has me afraid to turn up a Gatorade bottle again. Pepsico owns Gatorade so maybe they do like to push the envelope a little.

If you need to know: Youtube The Gatorade Conspiracy. I don't feel right linking it and the mods probably wouldn't either.
edit on 18-12-2011 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mental Oasis

This is exactly why Pepsi Co. "would" go ahead with such a design if they felt they would sell more of their product by doing so.

I don't believe for a second that the possible interpretations, of which their could be many, were not known and considered however.

Just because the can doesn't say "Death to America" or show people diving out of a burning building with planes flying into it, doesn't mean that they didn't also know that such a message might be implied or understood. It just means that they figured they could play dumb about it and get away with it, while making some extra $$

If it really is just a cityscape and plane like every other city in the world, then I would think it would be available and used in various other countries around the world.
edit on 18-12-2011 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise

ibloga.blogspot.com...

Sorry to nit-pick, but Dubai is in U.A.E., not Saudi Arabia.

On topic, I think it's a bit of a stretch. I doubt it was really meant to symbolize 9/11. New York is not the only city in the world where tall buildings and planes exist. Dubai, for example...

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
That's not smoke, it's a snowflake. It's obvious this a city with a plane overhead and it's snowing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join