It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Graphic Video: Egyptian soldiers brutally beating women protresters. A glimpse at our future?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Perhaps this is a glimpse into our future USA...

By Associated Press
CAIRO — Egypt’s military sought to isolate pro-democracy activists protesting against their rule, depicting them as conspirators and vandals, as troops and protesters clashed for a third straight day, pelting each other with stones near parliament in the heart of the capital. At least 10 protesters have been killed and 441 others wounded in the three days of violence, according to the Health Ministry. Activists say most of the 10 fatalities died of gunshot wounds.

What if I translate it this way?....

WASHINGTON-The United States military sought to isolate pro-Tea Party activists protesting against Obama's rule, depicting them as conspirators and vandals, as troops and protesters clashed for a third straight day, pelting each other with stones near the White House in the heart of the capital. At least 10 protesters have been killed and 441 others wounded in the three days of violence, according to the Federal Emergency Management Authority. Tea Party spokespeople say most of the 10 fatalities died of gunshot wounds

By Associated Press
The military has been using the state media and loyal private TV stations to project an image of itself as the protector of the nation and filling its public statements with patriotism and grave warnings of a dire future if political turmoil persisted. Protest leaders increasingly complain that they feel isolated in a society that has grown more concerned with making ends meet than political rights.

What if I translate it this way?....

The Obama administration has been using the state media and loyal private TV stations to project an image of itself as the protector of the nation and filling its public statements with patriotism and grave warnings of a dire future if political turmoil persisted. Tea Party leaders increasingly complain that they feel isolated in a society that has grown more concerned with Kim Kardashian and Paris Hilton than political rights.

The video below is quite graphic (beating of women...viewer discretion is advised.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Unfortunately, when you try to "overthrow" a military, sometimes there are instances like this. It could have been worse, A LOT worse. These people are knowingly putting their safety at risk, they MUST be prepared for the consequences as well. be them right or wrong. Think people and stay safe

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
2 existing threads already on this subject.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver

LOL... the ATS search function is a complete joke

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Areyoupeopleinsane

Hehe, I hear that a lot. I only know as I read both threads in the last half hour or so. If you search on Egypt Riots I guess you would get many old and new hits back.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Slightly off topic but related to current events in Egypt. A US citizen being held in Cairo by the security forces. US Embassy refuses to help, citing diplomatic and security concerns.

bikyamasr.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

No it's not. Perhaps you fail at searching?

Also, if you looked at the Newest Topics page, and then Newest flags/replies, you would see this video has been posted.
edit on 18-12-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

you're the laugh for being unable to use it oO
edit on 18-12-2011 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hessdalen

you're the laugh for being unable to use it oO
edit on 18-12-2011 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

Yet another ATS member I wont be able to have an intelligent conversation with.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
This is appalling to watch. Cleopatra is probably rolling over in her grave right now. These beatings look like they are a personal hatred that the military has against its own people, especially women. This is what we will see in our own country soon with our rights being slowly stripped away by our government. 2012 may not be the end of the world, but horrible and drastic changes will be made that will make us cry for our lost independence. Our military will be just as cruel and ruthless as seen in the Wall Street protests. Don't doubt that this could ever happen in the good ol' US of A. It has only just begun.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Yep I just saw this like an hour ago, it is very disturbing about what's going on. It is scary how the vicious cycle of revolution is unearthing in Egypt right now to the point where things are beginning to go backwards. This entire world is beginning to turn upside down.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

join