It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Jesus was an Occupier'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Some people have no idea as to what it means to be controlled. Some people love their control.

I am reminded of that fine UK film, "The Life of Brian" in which the main character is confused for being "the messiah". He tries to tell the Roman centurion, "You don't have to take orders!" and the centurion says "I like orders."

It is true that there are insect like people, who simply seek an authority so that they can stop thinking and have orders given to them. The Romans who faced Jesus in real life probably just left him alone, but you know they had a good laugh at "all these crazy Judeans".

From the Roman perspective, it was obvious that they would be raping Jerusalem soon, it was just a matter of how many decades it would take. And yet, after a few more decades, it was Rome itself that got raped by Germany. DERP. So since then it's been Germany and Rome running this thing called Catholic v. Protestant dialectic. And the 20th Century was their richest and bloodiest yet!

Anyway, Garfield the Movie did not have anything to do with this quote. The film version of Garfield is about some ragass stupid 3d-generated cat. The actual man Garfield seems to have understood the occupation just fine.

www.rense.com...

James Garfield

President James Abram Garfield, our 20th President, had previously been Chairman of the House Committee on Appropriations and was an expert on fiscal matters. (Upon his election, among other things, he appointed an unpopular collector of customs at New York, whereupon the two Senators from New York--Roscoe Conkling and Thomas Platt--resigned their seats.)

President Garfield openly declared that whoever controls the supply of currency would control the business and activities of all the people. After only four months in office, President Garfield was shot at a railroad station on July 2, 1881. Another coincidence.

edit on 16-12-2011 by smallpeeps because: hmm

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I heard that most of the "Jesus Stuff" comes from Europe?

That's fine up until recently. But nowadays, anyone can dial up a youtoobe map of all the battles of history, and see clearly that war intrigues come from Germany, Japan and Europe.

Now sure, that' because "the new world" was a pristine new place. And therefore, as with Frank Bacon's book about America-as-Atlantis, the new spirit of Jesus should come from the USA.

Anyway, in the USA, there was only one US general killed by an indian. And that was only at the very very end of the war, when Canby had chased the last few indians up to the klamath and modoc areas.

The indians are the new way forward, but they as a group, are being manipulated by the Feds. Indians get gold fever and eugenics fever just the same as any white or black man or woman. Every human can get gold fever, or green fever (the anti-human fever).

Well anyway, I have suggested that only microphones in stadiums with hug groups of people converging to vote in a grand jury, which I term "Superjury(tm)" can compete with the courts and the authority which is being floated down onto people's heads.

I post this video here because I love the people of California, all shades and creeds. It is clear that the California territory is being occupied, but its not happening with the "OWS" knock offs. Those guys are more union types, marching on ports and stuff. Whereas the cowboys and cowgirls in the north are far more aware of what it means to be OCCUPIED by the law.

Here in this video, the room is occupied by armed Sheriffs. Of course they are there to keep some peace, but this implies that people would just attack each other if the cops were kicked out! They are agents of the very same courts that are legislating the very life out of this country.

I am a big fan of this area of the country. Redding, Modoc, Siskiyou County, are very keenly on the front lines of the occupation. It is an absolute truth that occupiers use the courts, and push people off their land. Thatis what occupiers of East Germany did. They suckered the Germans into a meatgrinder then occupied and exploited them.

Camping youths, are not occupiers, either in Egypt or in Boston or in the wilds of Oregon. Occupations, always use the courts as their primary weapon. Just as in Boston occupy where the Mayor says "we hope they will comply with the court's order" ...Mayor > Court > Cop are all three sides of the same triangle.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Yep, Jesus was an Occupier alright.

The phrase "holy sh_t" originated when his disciples witnessed Jesus defecating in full public view.

NOT!

Jesus told us render to Caesar what is Caesar's.
Jesus wants people to fish for themselves.
Jesus doesn't want people to covet thy neighbor's possessions.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

I'll let the Romans completely off when proof is provided that the soldiers who wielded the cat o' nine, drove the nails, cast lots over the robe, and pierced His side with the spear were paid by pharisees rather than Rome.

You're talking about Romans who oversaw executions - and a story written from the perspective of Jews who wished to see their nation freed from the Roman empire.

This: www.gospel-mysteries.net... - explores some of the interesting history concerning Pilate. Of course, according to this, I have to eat a few of my words - While Pilate was pressured, heavily, by the Pharisee; it was ultimately his order to carry out the execution (though many records do say that he "washed his hands" of the affair - basically delegated his decisive authority to another party and in so doing attempted to delegate the fault).

But Pilate may not have been any more brutal than other governors of Judea, because harsh measures were often necessary to keep the province under control. Most of the population felt an intense hatred for the Romans, and any small dispute could quickly develop into a riot or uprising. Trouble was especially likely during the annual Passover festival, when people from all over the country gathered in Jerusalem. For that reason, Roman governors always made it a point to be in the city at that time.

It was during one such Passover festival that Jesus was brought before Pilate.

This brings -much- more light on the issue of Jesus praying in the garden. Of course, this source claims Judas to be a traitor - I, honestly, have not found that to be a logical conclusion. Judas was the accountant of the group - it was normal for him to handle monetary exchanges and affairs. It is my opinion that Jesus took a strategic gamble against the Pharisee, and had already planned his turnover to the authorities (with 40 pieces of silver being the standard bounty, and a 'kiss' being the normal way one would greet another).

But, this is generally supplanted by the dogmatic interpretation that Jesus had some kind of mystical fortune-telling ability. I am not quite so apt to believe that when it makes far more sense for him to be doing what he normally does - pissing on the lawn of the Pharisee.

These leaders wanted to get rid of Jesus because many people believed that he was the Messiah, and this made him a threat to their religious authority. But they didn't want the general public to blame them for his death, so when morning arrived they took him to Pilate and accused him of claiming to be a king. Under Roman law, this was equivalent to rebelling against the emperor, an offense punishable by death.

The gospels make it clear that Pilate didn't want to give a death sentence, and repeatedly tried to find ways to avoid it. For example, when he was reminded that it was customary to free a prisoner during the festival, he tried to use this as an excuse to release Jesus. But an unruly crowd in the courtyard shouted for the freedom of a prisoner named Barabbas instead.

I can't help but be reminded of OWS in the issue of Barabbas. Of course, when you look at the funding sources for the OWS movement - you can see there is clearly a 'man behind the curtain' - but that's heretical talk around ATS.

My point is - I've never enjoyed being part of the crowd. I'm proud to think the way I do. I test well into the 99 percentile because I think and analyze things the way I do. It is my opinion that, if I decided to "join the crowd" - I would be "joining the dumb" - which is just illogical.

John 19:1-16 says that Pilate continued to look for a way to save Jesus, but finally gave up when the Jewish leaders threatened to report him to the emperor for not enforcing the laws against rebellion. Even then, according to Matthew 27:24, he washed his hands in front of the crowd in an effort to disassociate himself from any responsibility for the decision.

Just to let everyone know - there are counter-arguments presented in the source. I still find it interesting, however, that the Roman governor who was, essentially, hated by the Jews... has several scriptures in which his actions are recorded as him seeking justice in a situation.

Of course, when you throw in Jesus' blood line (descendant of King David) - it is easy to see how both sides could have maneuvered their arguments. The Pharisee have a blood descendant of King David and claim he is proclaiming to be a King. Pilate is no longer looking at a 'mere Jew' - and a man who is, himself, something of nobility.

Very interesting, indeed.

As for the "bankster" ordeal; I'm not a big fan of the word "gangster," either.

It's a juvenile term, to me. And forever will be. You can be proud of your use of it, if you wish; just as I am proud of my refusal to use it.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I think Jesus was awesome. I think the idea of associating his rebellious righteousness with the occupiers, is good and healthy and very American.

But I think some people post pictures that they know are not appropriate, then others laugh at that. It's like the movie idiocracy in a way. But anyway, I think Jesus is great.

Well, I posted the truth about occupation in the north of America, an occupation of courts and committees.

Now here is the latest occupation of a large swath of water aquifers. So these people each are going to have their lands occupied, by the backers of some financial oil scheme.

en.wikipedia.org...

wiki/Keystone_Pipeline - Political_issues

Landowners in the path of the pipeline have complained about threats by TransCanada to confiscate private land and lawsuits to allow the "pipeline on their property even though the controversial project has yet to receive federal approval." As of 17 October 2011, TransCanada had "34 eminent domain actions against landowners in Texas" and "22 in South Dakota." Some of those landowners gave testimony for a House Energy and Commerce Committee hearing in May 2011.[68]

Due to an exemption the state gave TransCanada, the local authorities would lose $50 million public revenue from property taxes for a decade.[24]

Notice the last part there. That's a nice 50 million exemption. 50 million dollars and land theft. It's the deal of the century eh?

Now tell me: What does it mean to be occupied?

What are the mechanics of occupation?
edit on 17-12-2011 by smallpeeps because: hmm

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Jesus of course, understood how the temple was occupied.

That's why he mocked the occupiers of the temple, by riding in on a donkey like some random goods. He was saying to them, "A King to you, is just another item." ...And in fact it's true because they rejected him as King, since he was peaceful. Then they got their "King" who got the people riled up and caused Jerusalem to be utterly ravaged. To the rabbis of that time, the "Kingship" was just an item, merchandise to be profited from.

Now we can easily say that America loves peace and Jesus. But do they understand what it means to have their temple of a country, occupied?

If America be a temple, as Frankie Bacon said way back when he wrote about "The New Atlantis", then how would that temple be occupied?

"The Creature From Jekyll Island" should be grade school study material, and also at every sunday school and church. Every American family who appreciates Jesus as the peaceful and non-usury-loving King, should know it and discuss it.

When that happens, it will be a new day. It really is one of the greatest books any American ever wrote.

www.activistpost.com...

In the foreword, it was stated that there were seven reasons to abolish the Federal Reserve System. It is time to repeat them:

It is incapable of accomplishing its stated objectives.
It is a cartel operating against the public interest.
It is the supreme instrument of usury.
It generates our most unfair tax.
It encourages war.
It destabilizes the economy.
It is an instrument of totalitarianism.

The purpose of this book has been to demonstrate the accuracy of those assertions.

edit on 18-12-2011 by smallpeeps because: hmm

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Good stuff here.

Ghost of Christmas Past: Grows more brightly each year...
Ghost of Christmas Present: In his prime, today...
Ghost of Christmas Future: I think you know him.

Let's be safe and loving out there people.

desertpeace.wordpress.com...

WOULD JESUS BE IN THE 99%?

December 25, 2011

[...]

The Power and the Glory

Look, I’m just as sick as other people are of seeing the word “Occupy” appropriated for everything from partisan politics to self-promotion. But it’s hard to describe Jesus’ action against the moneychangers in today’s terms without calling it “Occupy the Temple.”

By riding into Jerusalem on a donkey accompanied only by his ragged followers, Jesus was proclaiming a spiritual insurrection of the poor and common people – the 99%, if you prefer – against the wealthy and privileged.
When he came to the Temple he overturned the moneychangers’ tables and drove them from sacred ground with a “whip of cords.”

edit on 25-12-2011 by smallpeeps because: hmm?

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Did you know that "scroogitis" is a common malady, but that its all psychosomatic?

More on scroog-itis, and how easily it can be melted...

www.sott.net...

Ebenezer's Awakening
Heather Callaghan
Activistpost.com
Sun, 25 Dec 2011

[...]

Ghost of Christmas Yet To Come

The darkly cloaked phantom fills Scrooge with gloom and dread. Scrooge won't get any warm fuzzies from this guy; his transformation is not done. Until now, he still has a shallow understanding of what he has become and how his actions hurt good people.

He has no clue what people will actually say or think when he is gone. That his body will be dumped in some crude, unkempt grave with no one at the funeral. That young Tim's early death will result from his own cruelty. Life will go on, apathetically, without him. His life made no difference at all; in fact, it only brought pain and disgust, but happiness upon death.

He gets to see his lonely, last breaths and hear about his hired help looting his now dispossessed treasures.

'Spirit!' he cried, clutching tight at its robe, 'hear me. I am not the man I was! I will not be the man I must have been but for this intercourse! Why show me this, if I am past all hope?'

For the first time the hand appeared to shake.

'Good Spirit!' he pursued, as down upon the ground he fell before it: 'Your nature intercedes for me, and pities me. Assure me that I yet may change these shadows you have shown me, by an altered life!...I will not shut out the lessons that they teach. Oh, tell me I may sponge away the writing on this stone!'

It doesn't take the grim reaper to see where our path leads. At any time, we can look around and honestly assess how actions (or lack thereof) will affect others. No one is beyond hope, every day is a another chance.

And Ebenezer got that chance when he awoke, truly awakened.

'I don't know what to do!' cried Scrooge, laughing and crying in the same breath; and making a perfect Laocoon of himself with his stockings. 'I am as light as a feather, I am as happy as an angel, I am as merry as a schoolboy! I am as giddy as a drunken man! A merry Christmas to everybody! A happy New Year to all the world! Hallo here! Whoop! Hallo!'

He is not just grateful to be alive, he is reborn. He is healed. He has love and generosity to give freely now. Many welcome his permanent change, but others thought he was crazy and laughed at him.

...but he let them laugh, and little heeded them; for he was wise enough to know that nothing ever happened on this globe, for good, at which some people did not have their fill of laughter in the outset; and knowing that such as these would be blind anyway...

His own heart laughed: and that was quite enough for him.

Charles Dickens' "A Christmas Carol" >>>

www.dickens-literature.com...

...That's Dickens with ONE k, not Dickkens with two k's Haha tip o' the cap to Monty Python...

edit on 25-12-2011 by smallpeeps because: hmm of course yes...

<< 1  2   >>

join