It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do ? *

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
You get a UFO landing, ET scene on film. Govt. takes the film, gives a million, threatens with family loss if info is spread, before that, you manage to make a copy on pc. What would you do?

Spread the material on the net / Ignore and delete the material / Sell it on ebay (joking) / other

All thoughts and opinions are accepted.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Keep the milllion dollar, distribute it on some p2p network and IRC and then say that my pc was hacked

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Well, first this must be a fantasy cause the gov't would never admit that the video you have is real, let alone give you any money for it. They'd just take it from you.

But, if they did offer you money, you can bet that some other media source would give you more money for it. I'd take their money after I made a duplicate, then sell another copy of it to someone else for much more money. Chances are, if they wanted you dead, you would be.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Go straight to MUFON,NIDS,NUFORC,and any other major UFO networks and run them off copies...The more groups that have access to it,the better.I would probably send a copy to SETI as well,just to say,"start pointing that dish over here."LOL

I wouldn't even worry about the money,it would come over time with book deals,films,etc...Just imagine being the first person to PROVE that they are visiting.You would be famous.

[edit on 7-9-2004 by 11thdimension]

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I'd probably spread it to millions of other people who access the internet. Later, most likely it would end up at ATS where is gets debunked as a fake anyway.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11thdimension
Go straight to MUFON,NIDS,NUFORC,and any other major UFO networks and run them off copies...The more groups that have access to it,the better.I would probably send a copy to SETI as well,just to say,"start pointing that dish over here."LOL

I wouldn't even worry about the money,it would come over time with book deals,films,etc...Just imagine being the first person to PROVE that they are visiting.You would be famous.

What about family? Let them r.i.p?

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by partykid
What about family? Let them r.i.p?

The higher profile it is,the harder it is for them to get away with it.A huge audience is now paying attention,so your actions become much more accountable IMO.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   
i would be happy with the milion and the knowledge. i dont care about the rest of the world knowing the truth(they would shout hoax anyway). i would know that would be enought for me.

[edit on 7-9-2004 by feyd rautha]

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I'd take the cash. Then I'd take my family on a nice "extended vacation" out of country. I would pay somebody in advance to spread it all over the Internet. I'd feign ignorance from my remote vacation spot that does not have any telephones, let alone Internet access. Oh yea... the footage would be sent to all major televison networks too. I worked almost 20 years in television as a video editor....I'd take advantage of the connections I have made.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   
i have to agree with feyd rautha, i'd take the money and keep the hell quiet!

family > ats debunk

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by k33l
Keep the milllion dollar, distribute it on some p2p network and IRC and then say that my pc was hacked

me too

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 01:15 AM
link   
So, basically, knowing the truth : for yourself / human race / money / other ?

Explanation why im asking questions : im totally new here, want to know what opinions you have on this case.

I am a poor student, so if the family is involved, i would just deny/delete the copy, truth is enough for me, i dont need a copy of it and without problems, spend my million. I dont think a copy of a UFO landing/ ET scene could change human race, because there are a lot of disinformants and payed sceptics out there, that will try to do anything to make it as a hoax. I think that these things happen occasionally. There are lot of good stuff on the net, debunked, made as a hoax, but it in our own hands in what to believe.

[edit on 8-9-2004 by partykid]

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 01:38 AM
link   
We've discussed different angles of this type of question on other threads before. My opinion is that one really shouldn't put too much faith in real evidence actually having a huge impact. To really believe in whatever kind of proof of ETs you may have, most people would need something no less than their government coming clean and admitting the evidence is real. So I would most probably not risk the life of my family or myself only to find my evidence being debunked and finally ignored by anyone not belonging to the UFO-community.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Just to give you an idea of what I mean and how people can find ways to "debunk" a lot less fantastic things (even though it is the real thing), than ETs. Check this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com....

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 02:12 AM
link   
The feds would ransack your house and take your pc's to the land of swamp gas and mass hallucinations

seriously though I would burn several copies and distribute them to people who won't think your nuts.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Is this a real or a hypothetical situation we're talking about here?

Real: Make every effort to at least make it look like you have destroyed the copy.

Hypothetical: Interesting morality question for some class. THE TRUTH or YOUR FAMILY.

[edit on 8-9-2004 by ishivaji]

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I'd go with the truth... Rather sacrifice myself then to keep billions in the dark of what's really going on.
Mankind must learn the truth...
And when they do it'd be like an enema. The release will signify a feeling of accomplishment.

To quote star trek: "The needs of the many, outweighs the needs of the few"

(sorry, had to do that!)

Family < Truth for the billions
(especially if you have the info, but no family... Then things get dangerous for the gov..)

[edit on 8-9-2004 by Adregalus]

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adregalus
I'd go with the truth... Rather sacrifice myself then to keep billions in the dark of what's really going on.
Mankind must learn the truth...
And when they do it'd be like an enema. The release will signify a feeling of accomplishment.

To quote star trek: "The needs of the many, outweighs the needs of the few"

(sorry, had to do that!)

Family < Truth for the billions
(especially if you have the info, but no family... Then things get dangerous for the gov..)

[edit on 8-9-2004 by Adregalus]

Probably with such info and no family, govt. will kill in the first place.

XL5

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 04:58 AM
link   
If they gave me 1 million, I'd agree as long as they tell me why they are here or give me an abandoned missle silo or a safty of some sort.

No one would believe the video anyway and even if they did, what will it prove or change?

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
i would spread the video,making sure all the big ufo companys get it,then let the government take me,i just want to get the info spread

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join