It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Largest Pyramid on Earth is in North Korea! Plus More.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I am only posting this because after doing a search for the building here on ATS I only found one thread and two brief mentions in other threads. That indicates to me almost no one knows about this, especially considering that the thread posted got virtually no attention. There is a lot more that I added into this to make it thread-worthy.

Yes, the fact is that the largest pyramid on Earth is the Ryugyong Hotel in North Korea!

Please read up on this if you find it interesting. I will provide links to the facts.

Ryugyong Hotel wiki

Construction began in 1987 with planned completion in 1989. However, after several delays, construction was eventually halted in 1992; the fall of the Soviet Union had resulted in widespread economic disruptions in North Korea and shortages of raw materials.

The building stood topped out but without windows or interior fittings for the next sixteen years. Construction resumed in April 2008 under the supervision of the Orascom Group of Egypt, which has invested heavily in the North Korean mobile telephony and construction industries.[1] The company completed exterior work on the building in 2011, and interior work on the building's 360,000 square metres (3,900,000 sq ft) of floor space will continue until 2012 or later. Orascom has stated that the building will contain restaurants, hotel accommodation, apartments, and business facilities.

Who is Orascom Group?

The Orascom Group is an Egyptian conglomerate, established in 1976. The success of ventures within the Orascom Group as well as the other sectors of the company led to the management decision in 1997 to split Orascom into separate operating companies: Orascom Telecom Holding (OTH), Orascom Construction Industries (OCI), and Orascom Developments and Hotels (ODH).

Orascom was founded in 1950, by Onsi Sawiris. It has invested capital of over $3 billion and an annual revenue over $1 billion.

I find it very surprising that people have missed this massive pyramid, and that there has been so little mention of it.

We have had some great threads about Astana in Kazakhstan, with a lot of speculation and talk about the massive Bayterek, with the strange hand print and Illuminati-occult symbolism within it, and the Palace of Peace and Reconciliation pyramid where the Congress of Leaders of World and Traditional Religions convenes.

But I just haven't seen any speculation or investigation into how this mega-pyramid structure, the Ryugyong Hotel relates to all of this. So hopefully random ATS posters can bring some information to the table and expose some of the little known facets of this great achievement.

Here is the ignored and old dead thread about the building, which is worthy of revival.
North Korea's "Hotel of Doom" Set to Open

Also did you know that there is a Romanesque "Triumphal Arch" in Pyongyang North Korea?
Wiki- Arch of Triumph (Pyongyang)

The structure is modelled after the Arc de Triomphe and is slightly larger than the one in Paris. It is the world's tallest triumphal arch, standing 60 metres (197 ft) high and 50 m (164 ft) wide.

Why are the North Koreans building Roman and Egyptian architecture?

People always rant about how 'evil' Kim Jong-il is, but they are failing to recognize how he is apparently totally connected to the global power elite directly.
Please do some research about his father, Kim Il-sung, who has a fascinating and complex history, and his father Kim Hyong-jik.

Legend states that they are actually in a line of nobility, but it's hard to come by information on this subject.
From the wiki:

The ancestral seat (pon’gwan) of Kim's family is Chŏnju, North Chŏlla Province, and, if the legend of the Chŏnju Kim is true, his family is the descendants of King Gyeongsun of Silla.[5] What little that is known about the family contends that sometime around the time of the Korean-Japanese war of 1592–98, a direct ancestor moved north. The claim may be understood in light of the fact that the early Chosŏn government’s policy of populating the north resulted in mass resettlement of southern farmers in Phyŏngan and Hamgyŏng regions in the 15th and 16th centuries.

Here is a link to Gyeongsun of Silla.

Gyeongsun of Silla (died 978) (r. 927–935) was the 56th and final ruler of the Korean kingdom of Silla. A sixth-generation descendant of King Munseong, he was the son of Hyojong by Princess Gyea, who was the daughter of King Heongang.

King Heongang of Silla
King Gyeongmun of Silla
King Munseong of Silla
King sinmu of Silla

More information worth digging into for those interested:
Kumsusan Memorial Palace
Orders and Medals of the DPRK
Look closely at those medals, they are chalk full of your typical Illuminati occult symbolism. "Order Of The National Flag 2nd Class", and the "Hero of the Republic" are nearly identical to the symbolism employed in the orders from virtually any other nation around the world.

Look up any other nation's Orders and Awards for further information, it will require a lot of research but you will realize that this is how the global nobility and elite reveal their true behind the scenes connections out in the open, by wearing these medals which they give to other nobility from around the world.

Check out this link to research that further:
Emperor Akihito of Japan
Scroll down to where it shows all of the Orders Akihito belongs to, and just click on any of them to go look at the symbolism employed and further information about each Order and all of the famous people who are mostly nobility that belong to these Orders. You could spend all night looking into this by itself.

Also if you haven't seen it already, here is my last thread about the lines of nobility and the types of research that can be conducted into this fascinating and intriguing subject. Queen Elizabeth II is Direct Lineage to the Roman Caesars by Blood!

This is just the tip of an Illuminati iceberg connecting North Korea to the global occult elite. Anyone who has further compelling information to add to the topic is welcomed to present whatever they know or have discovered. Thank you for your time.
edit on 13-12-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Not mass-wise, though?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
And all the world is a stage...

I have always had a nagging feeling that all the nations leaders were "on the same page" so to speak and were merely acting out a skit playing their roles to entertain and control the rest of the worlds population by creating cultural/national divison.

The nations that weren't voluntarily part of the "great act"...

became "liberated" lol...and suddenly they too were "on the same page"...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
If you notice in the photographs of Kim Jong-Il, he never wears regalia. He dresses as a worker.

There could be two reasons for this. One, to convince the rest of the world that he's not part of the nobility. Two, to also convince his followers in his country that he's a worker-class individual just like them.

Also, there may be truth to his claims that he's heir to the lands of South Korea as well.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one
And all the world is a stage...

I have always had a nagging feeling that all the nations leaders were "on the same page" so to speak and were merely acting out a skit playing their roles to entertain and control the rest of the worlds population by creating cultural/national divison.

The nations that weren't voluntarily part of the "great act"...

became "liberated" lol...and suddenly they too were "on the same page"...

Exactly.

That's exactly the point of this whole thread.
Thanks for putting it in such a simple and easy to understand reply.

Bulls-eye Sly1one

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
That's what I rather love about this place always have something to learn each day. Never knew there was a pyramid out there in North Korea.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Is it just me - or do some of those mountains in this image look like real pyramids?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Is it just me - or do some of those mountains in this image look like real pyramids?

Oh I totally agree about that.

I was thinking that as I was looking at the photographs. The one to the right looks totally pyramid shaped.

I just didn't think to mention it, but thankfully you did. Good post!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

Some of those mountains do look like one and they look like they'd be rather fun to hike up! Never hiked up a mountain before but I'm sure once you get to the top and look down on the society it must be a breath-taking view

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
that picture looks fake its look as if it just been copied and pasted.
if the building had stood there for almost 20 years are there more pics.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidnumber84
that picture looks fake its look as if it just been copied and pasted.
if the building had stood there for almost 20 years are there more pics.

Great job doing a basic google search.

There are 100s of pics throughout the entire construction process.
Google "Ryugyong Hotel". Enjoy.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzle flash

it seems to me that every skyscraper is a white elephant, a phallic symbol to someone's ego, personal or corporate.

in North Korea the construction stopped when the USSR collapsed, it will be interesting to see how many of these construction insanity will go down when the western economies finally collapse.

huge buildings that cost a fortune to build and operate and produce nothing, ENRON building was a classic.
all those bankrupt banks living off the public dime also have these fancy headquarters.

when one looks at the two General Motor's headquarters, how many overpaid management "worked" there?
no wonder they went broke.

imo, skyscrapers are monuments to the insanity of our age.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by citizen6511

imo, skyscrapers are monuments to the insanity of our age.

Good points, I agree that these constructions have become little more than examples of our gluttony, vanity, over self-indulgence, whatever you want to call it.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
One thing I find very common is that most people in the West assume that North Korea is the worst off nation on Earth, their regime is the most tyrannical and totalitarian of all. This simply is NOT true.

Sure, the people of North Korea are essentially slaves of the state, and have very little respect for human rights within their system, but let us compare their nation with other nations globally just to put this all into proper context.

How about a place like Haiti? Haiti is one of the worst living conditions locations on Earth in my estimate, disease, crime, rape, murder, theft, oppression, slavery, are all rampant in that nation. It's clearly worse off than North Korea, but the powers behind that are more obscure and well hidden. (Dare I suggest that we Western powers are behind that tragedy?).

At least in North Korea they have order and a semblance of what we would call the "rule of law", although we all know that power abuses it's authority to no ends. It's still a better living condition than pure chaos and death it appears.

What about nations like Liberia or Somalia in Africa? Those places are complete war-zones and civil war, murder, rape, starvation, disease, and strife are everyday normality in those places.

People say that North Korea are essentially slaves, but who isn't a slave? Ask yourself this.

Are the people in China, Malaysia, Indonesia, etc who work for slave wages and struggle every day, implementing child slave labor just to feed their families, are they better off than North Korea? Why is it ok to have slavery in these nations but it's not ok for North Korea to have it? Is it because we don't have access to exploit NK's slaves? Is that what makes it worse than the slaves we are currently exploiting?

I just feel that people have been indoctrinated and brainwashed into thinking North Korea is the big bad wolf, when in reality we are just bias and failing to utilize common sense and logic to look around ourselves and put all of the facts into proper context.

I am not saying North Korea is good. No way. I am just saying they are no where near as bad off as everyone claims they are, in fact they are somewhere in the middle of living conditions compared to many other nations around the world currently. At least North Korea is wealthy enough to afford these ludicrous displays of grandiosity. Most nations could never afford that no matter how much they exploited their citizenry. Most nations have no order or organization and couldn't pull it off in 100 years, much less 20.

I'm just saying that NK is in the middle of the world's living conditions, rather than at the dead last of the bottom. The media totally takes all of this out of context for the purpose of promoting a WAR that hasn't officially ended and began over 50 years ago.

They are using NK as a puppet to play both sides of the paradigm, ala Cold War strategy and tactics, and are using psychological operations to control the populations of both sides of the conflict.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Hmmmm...........well, Id be more impressed if it was built during the time when we didnt have the technology we do now......

Thats probably why it hasnt gotten much attention..........

Not many people care that its the largest when youve got cranes, and plasma cutters etc etc etc......

The Original pyramids throughout the world to me, are much more marvelous........

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Another interesting contradiction in the mindsets of my fellow Americans is that they condemn the way of life of North Koreans but at the same time they constantly wish they could emulate many aspects of it.

For the "Liberals" in the USA, they believe it's unfair that people go without food in our own nation, and are upset by the poverty levels that exist. However in North Korea if you do what the state tells you, they will take care of you and give you that bowl of rice for the day (figuratively speaking). Sure you probably won't get much more than a bowl of rice but hey, at least you get a bowl of rice right?

Also, the "Conservatives" rant about how all of our factories and jobs are being sent overseas to cheap slave laborers, but in North Korea due to the economic sanctions, anything they have they built themselves for the most part. The reason there are so many jobs in NK is because they make such a large percentage of their goods there in the nation. That keeps a lot of jobs in the homeland, as long as they can acquire the necessary resources to produce those goods in the first place (which can be problematic with trade restrictions).

The point is that we here in the West are indoctrinated into becoming hypocritical by our media propaganda that bombards us consistently with the same lies over and over. We ignore our own problems and avoid speaking about our own atrocities, we justify our exploitation of others and slavery, while at the same time we turn around and condemn North Korea.

I personally would rather fix my country first, America, and try to stop being hypocrites before we go around the world to other nations and tell them how to live and expose their ills.

How can we expose NK when we are guilty of almost all of the same crimes on even grander scales? Doesn't that make us appear totally 'insolent'?

Insolent definition:
1. Presumptuous and insulting in manner or speech; arrogant.
2. Audaciously rude or disrespectful; impertinent.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

many years ago when there was talk of better relations with NK, my brother went there on a trade mission to check possibilities.

he said he was impressed by their machine shops and factories.
they did x-ray his shoes to make sure he wasn't a spy, he thought that was funny.

during the week he asked if he could visit their ancient temples.
they took him on a tourist tour of the old temples, which he said were very beautyful.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
triangular in shape does not equal a pyramid.

every structure on the planet designated as a pyramid is made of stone.....

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Hi perhaps this will shed some light on why KOREa

The Greek adaptation of Virgo, was Demeter, whose daughter Kore was abducted by Pluto, the god of the underworld. Kore would remain the dark lord's queen and her name would no longer be Kore, the maiden, but Persephone, "she who is to be feared". The Alexandrian Jews who worshipped the Greek goddess, Kore, managed to convert their pagan goddess worship into a theologically respectable tradition called Gnosticism by giving the goddess the trappings of Christianity. Although they worshipped her as the Holy Virgin, "virginity" has an altogether different connotation to Gnostics than it does to Christians.

watch.pair.com...

If one examines the english language it is composed of root words which all connect to the old gods
ea -earth, breath, sea,
an- ancestor, planet, man
Kore corpes corporation core court corpuscle correct corporal corporial
I have heard it said shakespeare was actually a group of iluminatti whos purpose was to solidify the english language as such

edit on 14-12-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-12-2011 by Danbones because: splellin

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
the website i linked to above regards the morovingian blood line

also from the above link

Epiphanius (305-402) gave us a detailed description of how the Alexandrian Gnostics celebrated the Epiphany. They did this in the sanctuary of the Maiden Goddess Kore whom they equated with the image of the Holy Virgin. At midnight they descended with torches into the crypt of the temple and brought the wooden statue of Kore forth in procession. The Maiden was represented naked and sitting, with crosses marked on her brow, her hands and her knees. The statue was carried seven times around the central shrine and was then retired to the crypt once more. The Gnostics said that on this day, Kore, the Virgin, gave birth to the divine principle known as the Christ. It is from the feminine intuitive consciousness and feeling nature that the messianic power, of individuated consciousness is born. Thus the human nature of Jesus or Everyman is transformed into divine and spiritual nature by the holy female power, the Holy Spirit, in the initiation rite of baptism." (Gnostic Liturgical Calendar:

a very interesting thread, S&F

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join