It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Architects apologize for 9/11 blast look-alike design

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

SEOUL - A Dutch architectural firm has apologized for its design of twin skyscrapers in central Seoul which resemble the exploding World Trade Center towers in New York and have infuriated families of the victims of the 9/11 attacks.

It did not indicate whether it would change the design.

Clearly intentional, IMO..

Especially being erected in South Korea where the U.S has played an extremely massive role in keeping them protected from North Korean invasion.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

As I said in previous threads on this, cool buildings BAD taste!

They should apologize. I believe in another thread they even mentioned how they were aware what they resembled...Well if you were aware then WHY do it?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Can you link to the source of their apology?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

They should only apologize if they were modeling the building based on the destruction of 9/11. If not, then its a cool building and they should be sorry for nothing.
edit on 12-12-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
give me a break...

First of all, to hell with pandering to everyone's little sensitivities

Second; So they're offended..... soooo.........? What are they gonna do protest it? Burn it down? Or are they just going to 'deal' with it like I have to 'deal' with everything that I don't fully endorse...

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
i think this is rediclous, yeah if the bits that poked out where painted red and yellow and orange but the fact is there not, another case of something going way out of proportion. they dont even represent fire in the slightest fire isnt on the sides nor is it in the lamps, infact i see water features and grass on it when i look at the picture.

I just see it as people being offended on other people behalf, when in return no one is actualy really offended, people can just see how "other people" could be offended

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
You mean they are not going to build it?

That sucks!

psik

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by JRedBeard
to hell with pandering to everyone's little sensitivities

Sure ... to hell with pandering .. to hell with everyones 'little sensitivities' ... I fully agree.
But 9/11 isn't a 'little sensitivity'. Massive numbers of people have died because of it.
Wars are still being fought because of it. It's hardly a 'little sensitivity".

And I agree with the OP ... obviously this was completely on purpose.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by JRedBeard
to hell with pandering to everyone's little sensitivities

Sure ... to hell with pandering .. to hell with everyones 'little sensitivities' ... I fully agree.
But 9/11 isn't a 'little sensitivity'. Massive numbers of people have died because of it.
Wars are still being fought because of it. It's hardly a 'little sensitivity".

And I agree with the OP ... obviously this was completely on purpose.

massive amounts of people die a day from preventable causes, yet we dont care about them.

3000 people died in the twin towers, yet US forces have killed though direct & indirect deaths 9,415 - 29,007 civilians and children in afganistan alone meaning no relations to al-quida, do you care about them?
edit on 12-12-2011 by definity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
According to Reuters, the designers had no clue to as to any resemblance with the twin towers when they were hit. They have apologised.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
To be honest I think the structure looks like crap.
I've spent some time in Seoul and can tell you
that this high rise will not be built because it is
butt ugly.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
i do not get why people think they resemble the twin towers being hit? to me they resemble the twin towers during the collapse, with the debris spewing out half way through the collapse.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Who cares? Are the families all planning vacations to Seoul? These people will probably never step foot on the Korean peninsula and will never see it anyway. It's an awesome building and I'd be interested to see if they can do it.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
While I think pictures of the exploding towers inspired the architects, I do not think they made that design with the intention to be offensive. They were just inspired by pictures which were part of a tragic event.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Blech.

A poor mass study at best.

new topics

top topics

join