It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul says Bush was thrilled with 9/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Ron Paul says Bush was thrilled with 9/11

Ron Paul stopped in Ames, Iowa on the campaign trail on Thursday, and used some harsh words to explain President George W Bush’s reaction to the September 11 terrorist attacks.

Specifically, the Texas congressman said that the former president was pretty happy about the events. After all, said Paul, the attacks served as pretext to finally put American troops overseas in what instantly became a justifiable reason for war.

“Think of what happened after 9/11,” Paul told a crowd of around 1,000 in Ames this week. “The minute before there was any assessment, there was glee in the administration because now we can invade Iraq, and so the war drums beat.”

What’s more, said the presidential hopeful, is that a decade later, the current administration is creating excitement themselves over what is erupting with enemy forces overseas.

“That’s exactly what they’re doing now with Iran,” said Paul.

Tensions between Washington and Tehran have been high for years, but talks of a budding nuclear program in Iran has America and its allies up in arms over what could be developing overseas. The loss of a high-tech American drone aircraft in Iran last week has only escalated a stand-off between nations, as Washington and Tehran bicker back in forth in the days since over what the craft was doing in the skies above Iran and whether or not Iran has actually recovered the craft.

Paul has been a critic of both the Bush and Obama administrations, but speaking from the campus of Iowa State this week, revealed that the excuses that each president has used to embroil American forces in overseas skirmishes are eerily similar.

“I think extremists have taken over,” said Paul. “They’re the ones that run the foreign policy and that convinced us as a country to go along with all these wars.”

From Ames on Thursday, the National Journal reports that Paul’s audience was unperturbed by the statement. A reporter with the paper relayed the statements to the rest of the world by way of Twitter, in which one critic in particular, however, shares sentiments about the libertarian-leaning GOP candidate. Former Bush administration official Ari Fleischer fired back at Paul’s statements, saying simply, “The man is nuts.”

Paul’s statements aren’t anything new for the libertarian icon, who has opposed the Bush administration’s reaction and response to 9/11 for some time. During a televised debate of Republican Party candidates earlier this year, Paul put the blame of the attacks on America itself, saying, "They attacked us because we have been over there bombing them for 10 years."

"If we think we can do that (occupy foreign lands) and not have retaliation, we are kidding ourselves."

rt.com...

Well good ole Ron Paul telling like it is. I love this guy and will be voting for hin!!!
edit on 11-12-2011 by
edit on 11-12-2011 by chrismicha77 because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Newt Gingrich hangs out with pedophiles at Bohemian Grove.

Rick Perry hangs out with warmongers at Bilderberg.

Mitt Romney hangs out with George Soros.

While Ron Paul maintains a healthy diet of homemade cookies and truth.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap

Amen to that my friend!!!!
edit on 11-12-2011 by chrismicha77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

First off I love how when no one in any govt or place of power has an equal argument to back their decisions up, they call the person pointing the finger at them or their "party"... "nuts, crazy, a liar, etc."

Second, though I was in NY blocks away from the towers on that terrible morning, I still to this day don't think we were attacked by anyone other than a greedy govt chomping at the bit for an excuse for war and to take our rights away in the name of security of our people. However, could anyone really blame a country for fighting back against us after we had been openly bombing several countries for years? Sure our media never said a thing about it but there are plenty of other countries that did, check their news archives of the late 80's early 90's and see for yourself.

Great Post! I hope RP gets a chance, though I fear he will be just as corrupt as any other puppet we have been tricked by. someone resurrect JFK!

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap

Right on!!

What a bunch of degenerate clowns we have for Republican hopefuls. Aside from Ron Paul, these republicans are the biggest CLOWNS EVER!!!! EPIC degenerates.

Whoever supports any of those BUMS (exception being Ron Paul) is truly an anti-American GRADE-A fool.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Am I the only one to cringe when Ron Paul makes a comment like this?? Hey, if I didn't want the guy to win, I wouldn't care...but C'mon Ron... thrilled or excited isn't quite the wording I'd use to describe W's state of mind that day. I'd say it took at least a few days for him to fully realize the import of what actually happened and what total night/day change it opened the door to make possible.

In that I agree with Dr. Paul, I DO love what he says....but I cringe knowing there is still a disturbingly high % of people just getting to know him and making that 1st impression. No one would ask him to lie or even white wash..least of all me, but there are thoughtful ways of making a point and then there is the Bull through the China shop approach... Paul has always been a bull.

When he faces Obama? CHARGE!...but a light handshake with new voters might work a bit better? He's still got a whole race to run and an entire nation to win over...not help the MSM to generate misunderstandings with.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
If Ron Paul gets elected as president you do all realize that he will be assasinated. It will be someone from the middle east no doubt and will also be used as another pre-text for war.
When it happens people will cry 'foul!' but there will be a complete lack of evidence and any conspiracy theory put forth will seem too far-fetched for most of the American population.

Electing Ron Paul seems like a pretty good idea, but it is going to get the guy killed and there is pretty much nothing that can stop this.

You have to remove the money lenders from the temple first before it will ever be safe for the likes of Ron Paul.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Raivan31

Though you do have a rather good point. I do remember it was believed that Obama was to be assassinated upon election as well, but for different reasons obviously.

Ron can come stay at my place in the middle of nowhere and do virtual speeches if he wants! Maybe then I can make sure he doesn't become a muppet.
edit on 11-12-2011 by ItanimuliiluminatI because: wording... my writing skillz are sometimes less than perfect

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I like this guy,

If you lot don’t want him, send him our way, Australia would welcome him.
Our government is piss weak, we need someone who has a back bone. And I’m guessing nothing gets by this bloke.

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
Right on!!

What a bunch of degenerate clowns we have for Republican hopefuls. Aside from Ron Paul, these republicans are the biggest CLOWNS EVER!!!! EPIC degenerates.

Whoever supports any of those BUMS (exception being Ron Paul) is truly an anti-American GRADE-A fool.

It's the unrepentent Kool-aid drinker like THIS guy who is the problem, not the Republicans or even the Democrats. We had an election here in town for a first selectman who raised our taxes and lied about the reason (she said it was to pay for the school but it turned out it was to pay for a new multimillion dollar town hall), she voted herself a raise, and openly lied about her voting record. She's introducing more and more government regulations into our lives (we're obligated to have our septic tanks maintained by "government approved" companies), plus, she's giving away town assets under the table to her political supporters. Oh, yeah, the town clerk was mysteriously fired and her job given to the wife of the Democrat party chairman. Nonetheless she was voted for another term because she's a Democrat and we have all these dingbat robots programmed to believe "Democrats are always good and Republicans are always bad". In trying to avoid handing over the reins to imaginary hobgoblins they wound up giving the reins to a real one. Mind you, not all Democrats behave like this but this one certainly does. You want to mindlessly vote Democrat even if a block of wood was running for office? Fine. Let me know your address so I can send you my new tax bill.

We need to vote according to someone's voting record, not according to what political party they belong to. Little wonder why they mindlessly swallow any rubbish those damned fool conspiracy web sites are churning out.
edit on 11-12-2011 by GoodOlDave because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I have been a strong Ron Paul supporter since 2008, and I am proud of that fact. He is a good, genuine human being, and one of the few principled politicians left in Washington.

However, saying that a president-- no matter how insufferable or incompetent-- was "thrilled" with the cowardly attacks on 9/11 is irresponsible and downright shameful. There are very few things the good doctor says that I do not agree with, but this is one of them. I was very disappointed to read about these comments a few days ago. Hopefully he will clarify what he meant by that, or retract the statement altogether. Mainstream Americans already have a hard time understanding his message, and even though some seem to be coming around, comments like these simply do not help.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
OP same thread posted days ago.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

That's when he's not spending his time at N*****head Ranch

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Please contribution additional comments to previously existing thread here: Ron Paul: Bush administration reacted with ‘glee’ after 9/11.

Thank you.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join