It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The world is broke...wait what!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
This is my first post here on ATS so bear with me and forgive the diatribe, I am relatively new to this site and I am certain that the body of what I am about to ask has been covered before (link suggestions would be great). However, having surfed through many threads and many webpages, documentaries etc etc I am still not satisfied with my own understanding of just exactly WTF is going on.

The world, it seems, is broke…what!? Could somebody please explain to me the mechanism of how the entire planet sold the farm? And just exactly who bought it? I know the old journalistic axe of follow the money…well where is the trail? It is easy enough to follow it to the banks, but from there it is like a black box. Who is really holding the cards here, the Rothschild dynasty? And why does it boil down to currency? Last I checked the plants are still there, the materials are ready, the infrastructure hasn’t changed (it’s too expensive to do that) so why are the doors closed?

America: in full blown financial crisis, from public school systems, to municipal services, military, health care, credit, housing, all busted. The fed in all their wisdom as custodians of public fiscal well-being, gives TRILLIONS of dollars to both domestic and foreign banks to …what? Why? What purpose did this serve? Can somebody in plain English explain this to me?

Whats more, if we can afford to give all this money to everybody else I don’t think I ever want to hear some official hoity toity say, ‘Oh gee, yeah electric cars? …great idea but it would COST TOO MUCH to retool the automotive service industry.” or “Oh gee…what a great boon to energy that whole thorium bit would be, truly we’d love too, but well shoot, it would COST TOO MUCH to retool the industry.” hm “Electric trains?” “New text books?” “House the poor?” Wonderful touchy feely stuff that, but hmph…costs too much.

So let me get this straight, the cost is too great to usher in a new century of technological advancements, but yet we can afford all of this other back room poker game BS that is going on and nobody does anything about it? Where is the oversight? Who is asleep at the helm here? I want some resignations dammit!

America is not the only one here. Europe: in financial crisis. Entire countries are so far in debt that they can’t even afford to pay attention. How, just how does that happen? Why are they in debt? This isn’t like taking the company credit card and maxing it out on 5th avenue folks. This is entire countries so far in the red that they are imploding…well who do they owe the money too? What did they borrow it all for? How is a system this caustic even in place all over the bloody world? And why can’t we just hit the reset button?

I am tired of boiler plate knee jerkers like bankster cartels bringing about world domination, that much is seemingly true but come on, I want the who’s and how’s here. This goes all the way to the top someplace but just where that is seems to be the mystery. I humbly request your input ATS as I am currently at a complete loss.

I don’t know what we are going to do about it, maybe nothing. Maybe the idea here is that we should stop fighting over a sinking ship and, not to be too cheeky, just rest on the idea that there is no spoon and simply reject the system altogether. It is all arbitrary, the financial system of fiat currency is the most elaborate and socially psychotic game humankind has ever invented. I think it is safe to at least say that it’s time to stop playing.

TL;DR? I want answers and my congressman delights in responding to earnest questions with automated email responses.

cs

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Because it's a debt based monetary system. This was bound to happen. It's an inherent part of the design of our system.

Who's responsible? I can't answer that one definitively.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
Who's responsible? I can't answer that one definitively.
Follow the money. Follow the power. Who gets the taxpayer funded bailouts? The whole system is one of debt slavery. Who are the masters? The answers are right in front of you. All you have to do is open your eyes and look. Who keeps getting rich while most people have less than they did 20 years ago? Who really profited from the market crash? Who profited from the great depression? I will give you a hint, it was the same group of people. Which two presidents tried to stand against these people and lost there lives to "lone gunmen" and why? Why was JFK assassinated? One more hint Executive Order 11110. Who would have lost out from that order? The answer is right in front of you.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
But that is just it, I don't feel like the answer is right there in front of any of us. Can we prove that these families are behind this? Where are the facts? I can assume with the best of them that it is the same key players that have been calling these shots for a very very long time, they are evil through and through. But at what point do these theories leave supposition and become fact? Where can I find this information outside of speculation?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by clowdstalker

Very well-written.

The world is not broke -- the wealth, capital, and resources are all still there, but they are under the control of financial institutions and their corporate partners.

When these institutions choose to close the vault, and stop lending or investing, it gives the illusion that the world is running out of money. But it's just an illusion.

The global financial elites are waging a silent war against nation states by bankrupting governments and refusing to buy their bonds. When the governments start to fall, they will be replaced by 'technocratic' administrations like has already happened in Greece and Italy -- this essentially amounts to a hostile takeover of governments by the banking institutions that formerly served them.

Only a full-out rejection of globalist economics will halt the progress of this insidious design. I would rather be ruled by a fool in Washington D.C. than a manipulative eel living in New York or Brussels. \

Say 'Yes' to Nations, and their governments. Say 'No' to the financial takeover of states by the banks.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Welcome to the rise of facism in Europe and the USA.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by clowdstalker

Nice post.

I like the Reset button idea but a warm reboot would probably be kinder

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Nice first thread. If you want a serious answer. I don't think you're going to get it from a politician. Heck, I don't think even most Ivy league macro-economists have an idea of what the hell is going on (though Hyman Minsky seemed to have his head on straight). All they know is that the debt to liquidity ratios are so far out of whack that there are no normal mechanisms that can solve the problem.

After a couple of years reading up on the subject, going through economics journals, reading the foundational texts, looking at it all, I've realized all we can do is keep asking questions. Especially questions like, "why can’t we just hit the reset button?" Personally I think we should take a page from history and follow the old Assyrian model.

Mesopotamian rulers decree debt remission when a large part of the population is so saddled with excessive indebtedness to the point where the economy grinds to a halt (Lohfink 1986, 224).

We're well past that point. Worldwide debt remission would probably cause a huge surge of economic activity. The only concern I have with this is a) making sure it doesn't dramatically and adversely affect those who depend on their investment holdings; b) ensure the quantity of currency is tied to worldwide physical commodities rather just demand for greenbacks; or separate the two as different forms of currency (services vs. physical products); c) implement a model where we define what's too much by what's too little, ensuring we never let the ratios between those at the top and those at the bottom become so excessive that the system devolves back into the state that we're currently in, potentially resulting in a systemic collapse.

Outside of that the only firm conclusions I've come up with are as follows ... www.scribd.com...

Hope it helps,
-Xt

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Until you understand that the so-called "elites" are actually mostly genetic sociopaths, nothing much about our world makes sense.

Recent research shows that approximately 4-6% of humanity are genetic sociopaths whose brains are wired physically different from normal humans. They are physically incapable of feeling empathy, or giving a rat's ass about anything but themselves and their immediate desires.

It is suspected that they evolved to take advantage of large civilized groups. They are charming, highly intelligent, and adept at human mimicry: they can fake sincerity and read emotions like a book and use them against those who actually feel them. The 4-6% correlates nicely to what we know of predator-prey population relationships.

Because they are ruthless they usually wind up in charge of any given society or group that fails to recognize them for the predators they are, and after gaining control, they tend to overbreed their niche. While they are highly intelligent, they aren't very competent at governing or actually running things like a company, because competency requires caring about outcomes, which they don't because they can't...the parts of the brain that deal with that is minimally activated in them.

After studying the patterns of history, it becomes clear that whenever a society has too many sociopaths in the top echelons, strife and chaos builds as they turn on each other fighting for power while the society collapses unnoticed around them. When this happens, the people tend to turn on the elites and slaughter a majority of them, reducing their numbers to a level that allows the competent to rebuild the society. There is usually a period of flourishing growth, peace, and prosperity following the purge. It lasts until the social predators rebuild their numbers, people forget, and they worm their way back into power again.

The world isn't broke, but most people are, because the sociopaths are using the wealth to compete with one another.

Until we start recognizing the threat that genetic sociopaths represent, and begin testing for them and preventing them from gaining access to positions of authority and power, we will face this constant destruction of all that is good over and over again, for no better reason than that they felt like it at the time.
edit on 7-12-2011 by apacheman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
The USA empire is falling. Just like all other super powers of the past have fallen. Russia fell at it's height. Rome fell. Nazi Germany fell. The Egyptian empire fell. They all have their time, and then they fall to make way for something else.

We are seeing a fall because Technology has advanced to fast for our current economic system. Tech has taken the jobs of the past. Everyone now says stupid sh*t like "get a job at McDonald" rather that get a job making something, cause those jobs are done for the most part by robots. self checkout is fun huh, one job where 8 used to be. make a car eh, one job where thousands used to be.

We need a new financial system and the ELITES know it. But we are not ready for it yet. Change to anything other that our current system is Heavily fought against. So It looks like they (elite) only have a few choices. Force us to change or get rid of us! Either way works for them, and it looks like they have already made their choice. They are doing both.

It is only a matter of time until almost everything is automated in our lives. money will see to that. think about it. technology is taking over and there is no longer a need for you to build anything. thats how it is going. machines making machines. machines making food. machines curing illness and diseases. machines making houses and apartments. It's cheaper to make a machine to do thousands of peoples jobs than it is to hire thousands of people. for now they send these "jobs" to china and third world countries, until they make a machine to do those jobs. Then they will be jobless too.

So what are the "Elite" going to do then. We know what people will do. They will riot, and demand better treatment, and threaten, and want the old ways back. But that will never happen in order for the human race to move forward.

So the people are either left behind, or they adapt and move forward. But since people are selfish and stupid, they do not think in terms of their future. they mostly think in the NOW!

The "Elite" know what they are doing. They are looking out for their survival. Their children's survival. They are going to either KILL you off, or make you conform. probably both. Less people = Less problems to them. With fewer people you can control them. You can guide them.

It has NOTHING to do with sustainability of the planet. We can grow more than enough food for a trillion people. We can educate and heal everyone many times over. The problem is in our current system. Our current system can not afford this many people of only 7 million. and no one wants to give up this system.

So unless something drastic happens, and it always does, then things will only get worse for us.

WW3 = less people, easy to control people left, money system resets for a while.
NWO = new money system, follow us or die era, only followers left, think china and one child policy, less people
Jesus returns = followers of god all over world, no money, or services for services

It's a working theory, and I expect others not to agree. But I think Technology is the culprit and money backs that. How can you get rid of either? Only if Jesus comes, otherwise we will just reset. So I sure hope Jesus does come. I'm not sure if he ever lived, but I hope he did! I also hope he will come back, otherwise we are left with overcoming money and technology. I think we are millenniums away from that though.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Thanks ATS ill keep digging and if i make any discoveries that merit sharing I will post them. I dont think that i will though, for piece of mind its at least nice to get a handle on who is getting fat while i tighten my belt.

reply to post by Xtraeme

That looks like a good read, I will be digging into it this evening. thanks for the link.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
The world isn't broke. They just want you to believe this. Only humans are broke.
Nature still produces food and fresh water streams. Money is not natural and neither is our desire to want more and more of it. Humans are more than broken and it has more to do with our psychology than our pocketbooks.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, and kudos for a well written and interesting first post!

Where to begin?

I think the money is stille there, it's just allocated to very few, very wealthy people. Some call the the one percent, some call the illuminati. Some of the family names involved begin with "Ro".

These rogue cabal sociopath profited since generations from every crisis, even before WWII.
WWII was a "money bomb" for them, they got even more money, more power. From there on their game was easy because they got so powerfull they controlled whole nations including governemnt, law- and money system.
Actually printing money and getting interests on it.

So they can send nations to war, profit from the weapons sales (on both sides) since they own the military industrial complex. Then they grab what ever is left from the loosing country and turn it into their own family vaults. On the same time they give more credits to the "winning" nation, hence making even more influence and money in interests.

On the other side capitalism could never work, since it needs a constant growth. Every nation will eventually come to a state where all the citizens have bought enough goods and services, so growth slows down.
But hey, there are other nations that can be robbed and raped and become the new customers.
You only have a problem when basically the whole world is already robbed and raped.

Then you could go to rob and rape other planets (which is quite difficult, when you do nt have another planet with customers/slaves nearby) OR you just decide you have enough money and power and just start to get rid of all the nasty minions which want to have a piece of your cake. So you call for a NWO or New world order.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Don't worry, the world is not broke. Take a trip to L.A. Take a look at the houses some of those people live in. Some people are worried about what designer to wear to an event, while most people are trying to figure out how they are going to pay next months rent. The whole world is not broke...just most of it.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteffieJo
The whole world is not broke...just most of it.

Broke = 99%.

Thieves of the American dream = 1%.

BS = 100%

Thats AMERICAN MATH for you...

edit on 20-1-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

join