It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2008-2010, 30 Big Corporations Spent More Lobbying Washington Than They Paid In Income Tax

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL

Originally posted by PrimalRed

"the 99%" do not all pay income tax, many of "the 99%" do not make enough money to pay income tax.
Personally I am against federal income tax so i say more power to them.

I again bring up your response you areso willfully ignoring you are the 99% even though you support corporate greed and overseas labor.

edit on 12/7/2011 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

Yeah the whole 99% thing is just made up garbage to perpetuate class warfare and a false division. There is no way in hell i would ever claim to be affiliated with "the 99%"

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

"the 99%" do not all pay income tax, many of "the 99%" do not make enough money to pay income tax.
Personally I am against federal income tax so i say more power to them.

I again bring up your response you areso willfully ignoring you are the 99% even though you support corporate greed and overseas labor.

Yeah the whole 99% thing is just made up garbage to perpetuate class warfare and a false division. There is no way in hell i would ever claim to be affiliated with "the 99%"

you dont need to claim anything whether you like it or not you are...and your own statements prove it.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

you dont need to claim anything whether you like it or not you are...and your own statements prove it.

That is just not true.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

reply to post by OutKast Searcher

They are just confused over the terms used, they do not see the difference between a refund and a benefit and they do not see the difference between federal tax and federal income tax.
edit on 7-12-2011 by PrimalRed because: (no reason given)

no one is confused you are trying to change definitions and using excuses to back up your argument.

GE did not get money from the government.

A tax benefit is not a tax refund. There are many articles that explain it...it's not as simple as your 1040-ez form...it's a bit more complicated than that.

features.blogs.fortune.cnn.com...

Did GE get a $3.2 billion tax refund? No.

Did GE pay U.S. income taxes in 2010? Yes, it paid estimated taxes for 2010, and also made payments for previous years. Think of it as your having paid withholding taxes on your salary in 2010, and sending the IRS a check on April 15, 2010, covering your balance owed for 2009.

Will GE ultimately pay U.S. income taxes for 2010? After much to-ing and fro-ing -- the company says it hasn't completed its 2010 tax return -- GE now says that it will pay tax.
GE's 2010 financial statements reported a $3.25 billion U.S. "current tax benefit," which is where the Times, which declined comment, got its $3.2 billion "tax benefit" number. But a company's "current tax" number has nothing to do with what it actually pays in taxes for a given year. "Current tax benefit" and "current tax expense" are so-called financial reporting numbers, used to calculate the profits a company reports to shareholders.

They have nothing to do with what a company sends to (or receives from) the IRS. "Any correlation between the 'current tax expense' and the current tax payable is likely coincidental," says a leading tax authority, Ed Outslay, Deloitte/Michael Licata professor of accounting at Michigan State University's business school.
The company says that it's not getting any refund for 2010 -- validating Outslay's analysis. Its 2010 tax situation? "We expect to have a small U.S. income tax liability for 2010," GE chief spokesman Gary Sheffer told us. How big is small? GE declined to say. The number is unlikely to ever be disclosed unless GE goes public with it, or is forced to do so.

That is the most recent article I can find on it...even more recent than davespanners article.

So no, GE did not recieve a TAX REFUND...at one point they had a large TAX BENEFIT...but that didn't turn into a tax refund.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

How does his statment make him automatically part of the 99%?

Because he is against federal income tax? Many rich people are against federal income tax...I fail to see what you are talking about.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
how does that make what they are doing right>? they still are taking more from the gov than they are giving!

call it what you will they are getting preferential treatment when it comes to taxes and that is why the country is in the hole that it is in now.

Taxes! sorry you dont understand them.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

.it's not as simple as your 1040-ez form...it's a bit more complicated than that.

That is an understatement, if GE's tax return was printed on standard office paper it would be 19 feet tall.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

how does that make what they are doing right>? they still are taking more from the gov than they are giving!

call it what you will they are getting preferential treatment when it comes to taxes and that is why the country is in the hole that it is in now.

I don't know who or what this is response to...but where do you get that they are "taking more from the gov than they are giving"???

Are you man enough to admit that you were wrong about them recieving a tax refund...along with all the others that made this false claim and bashed another member for trying to show you the truth???

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

If they do not receive a tax refund then what are they taking from the government? How much gets spent on welfare every year, how much do those people pay in taxes?

Could not have said that better myself

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

.it's not as simple as your 1040-ez form...it's a bit more complicated than that.

That is an understatement, if GE's tax return was printed on standard office paper it would be 19 feet tall.

Yes.

But I thought it best to keep it simple.

You know...the KISS method.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I dont need to admit anything you imply.
call the refund what you will they are getting away with something the lower class would be imprisoned for.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

GE does not run on Arch

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

call the refund what you will they are getting away with something the lower class would be imprisoned for.

They never recieved a refund.

But continue with your ignorance if you refuse to educate yourself...makes no difference to me.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

A lower class citizen would be imprisoned for not getting a tax refund?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

if you say so.?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

if you say so.?

That IS exactly what you said...

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Isn't it great when people admit when their wrong rather then banging on over and over and constantly changing goalpost

I agree dave...I wish more people would do it rather than just backing up their friends even when they are wrong.

But we know that is never gonna happen

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

They never recieved a refund.

But continue with your ignorance if you refuse to educate yourself...makes no difference to me.

and I would say the exact same to the both of you but your failed interpretations and acceptance of a failed law is your right.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Now im lost

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

You and others are the ones making a claim that is untrue...a lie you have accepted because it helps renforce the world view you have implanted in your mind.

Fact: GE did not recieve a tax refund from the government.

Do you dispute that? Because I never saw you or the others making the claim to the contrary ever come out and say they were wrong about that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join