It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Victim Forcibly Strip Searched By Ohio Police. Disgusting...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
This is old and from 2008, why bring it up now?!

A simple search of "hope stark county ohio" brought this right up.

Why is everyone getting on the cop/tsa/strip search bandwagon lately? It's like many of you spend your day looking for these vids when the majority are already on here.
Video Emerges of woman 911 caller forcefully strip searched in police custody.
edit on 12/4/2011 by mblahnikluver because: add link

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
A society that condones this type of abuse at the hands of the police (especially to those who call for their help) is encouraging a Police State. Some of those cops might have been even been TSA trained

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Apologists make me want to vomit.

This was sexual assault, bordering on rape. Just because the sex offenders in this case wore badges does not make it something else.

This was a sexual assault, I hope these trained dogs are held accountable.

I don't care how out of line their suspect was or what missing video evidence might show.. There is ZERO justification for having 3+ male officers forcibly remove a female's clothing. People are mentioning how she was "screaming like a crazy woman" - Well, I hope someone pins you down and removes your cloths. I hope you feel what it's like to fear that you're going to be raped. I hope you have an experience like this so you can empathize with those that do, because obviously your predetermined notions about who is right and wrong prevent you from doing so right now.

Those of you apologizing for the police, or trying to justify this sexual assault - I hope your wife or daughter never has to deal with being sexually assaulted by ANYONE, let alone the police.

And just to make my stance on this 100% clear; This was a violent sexual assault.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Well, what do you expect would happen? Society has been spending the last 20 years cheering cop's brutality against guy's who are "dead beats" or whose gf/wives who made false dv accusations to get the house. And you didn't expect such brutality and inhumanity to expand to other areas too?

The only way to end such abuses is to have zero tolerance for all abuses by authority.

--------
Ultra P.S
This is disgusting to the highest order! But that said any attempt to treat this is as a gendered problem will only keep the problem happening again and again. The problem is, that once you accept brutality and treating one group in society as "less than human", it becomes easy to treat everyone in society as "less than human".
edit on 4-12-2011 by korathin because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-12-2011 by korathin because: mild grammar fix

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I didn't know rape was legal

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
if these officers are not arrested they need to be publicly humiliated

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Your country is a hell of a lot different than most incidents in Canada then. Most people are not stripped when taken to jail. In addition, its not the victim who calls 9/11 who is put through that.

No our country is not. I have been arrested for stupid mistakes quite a few times in the past. Most incidents are just an over night stay, allthough on time I had to stay for 5 days.
I can say this. THE ONLY TIME I was strip searched was when I was arrest for possession. That is it. When I had to turn myself in to do the 5 days in jail, I was only pat down, thats it.

From what I was aware. Only women could search women.
When you watch cops on t.v. they almost always have to call in for a women to search another women.

I would be pressing charges against the state. WIth that video it is obviously inhumane behavior.
If I were every treated like that with any of my stints in jail, you would best believe my attorney would be all over it. I mean it is an Ohio Jail. Not some state prison, just unreal.

I think the discovery channel should pick this video up and use it on the "locked up" series. To further show what useless institutions we have here in the united states,

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

They are really dramatizing this whole thing. What they aren't showing is what this woman did to provoke such actions. While I'm no fan of the police, I have a very difficult time believing that these officers just up and--totally for no reason and out of the blue--subjected someone to this ordeal.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amanda5
Posters are stating this is old news.
Anyone know what transpired?
Has there been a court case?

Thank you.

Much Peace...

www.cantonrep.com...

Yes, and they settled the lawsuit against the sheriff's office out of court.

An interesting quote from this article:
"But Steffey and her attorneys denied that she was suicidal or homicidal, and said the sheriff and medical contractors failed to adequately train and supervise their staffs, according to court papers.

A state investigation into Steffey’s arrest and incarceration found no criminal wrongdoing.

Provided Dowd doesn’t throw out Steffey’s claims against the contractors, the judge has set the case for trial in October."

I don't know what transpired with the other lawsuit. But I believe only a fool would think, after seeing this video, that this was a legal search.

And there is a chilling fact for me. This is my county's sheriff. I live here.

www.the-review.com...
There are some links to quite a few Hope Steffey videos in the comments section, if anyone wishes to see them. She was railroaded. Evidence never reached the Grand Jury.

But, is this surprising?

Apparently the sheriff's office filed lawsuits against news reporting agencies for the coverage they were getting, but they got thrown out.

edit on 4-12-2011 by JustSlowlyBackAway because: additional link

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
we need to start standing up for our rights. even if that means dying or spending life in prison. I make a vow right now if I ever see a cop over reaching their ground im going to drop the peace i've been working towards the past year and pick up the nearest object and split his head open. The future of the younger generation is worth more to me than this false sense of liberty they've tried to sell us.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Each and every cop involved should be charged with sexual assault, convicted, and entered into a sex offender list.

If any group of other people did that, they would be so charged and convicted.

It's getting to where I can no longer support even the good cops, the "bad apple" defense has gone rotten and spoiled them all.

There is no such thing as a "good cop" anymore.

Until and unless the self-proclaimed good cops start actively fighting this kind of injustice, they are co-conspirators in my book, traitors to the American people.

No more sympathy for cops, no more slack, no more wait to see what the investigation shows.

You are all guilty until you quit.

All of your behavior is disgusting, and no amount of minor do-gooding can retrieve it.

Cops are enemies of the people, period, and should be treated as such: socially shunned, publicly shamed, and punished whenever, wherever, and however possible for their crimes against humanity.

Don't like it, cops?

Then change your damned behavior, get rid of the bad apples, refuse to abide by demeaning and doubtful "policies" just because they are policy. Change them. Show some respect for us FIRST, before you demand we respect you. You have collectively earned every bit of disrespect and hatred that comes your way.

edit on 4-12-2011 by apacheman because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-12-2011 by apacheman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Your country is a hell of a lot different than most incidents in Canada then. Most people are not stripped when taken to jail. In addition, its not the victim who calls 9/11 who is put through that.

I was just watching a Lockdown show this morning on MSNBC where they had a segment of Prison Officials find 3/4 of a POUND of Marijuana in an inmate cell. Another segment from the same show and facility had a CO upending a paper shopping bag full of home made knives taken from cells. Now those are made organically inside, true...but it's VERY safe to say the Cell phones they seize aren't made inside.

WHY would a Jail want to strip search and ..PUSH the issue if someone disagrees with the concept? Well, I don't know:

10 most impressive examples of body cavity smuggling

You tell me... Why would they ever feel the need to strip an incoming prisoner before bringing them deeper into a supposedly secure facility? What a silly idea for them.... yeah, it must be all about humiliating the prisoner and personal enjoyment of the guards, right?

Then again..Perhaps it's got to do with the fact with even WITH these search tactics and rather brutal enforcement of intake procedures sometimes, they STILL find themselves barely holding onto control of the facilities. Now sure.. This woman doesn't sound like much of a threat given the incident that brought her there..... Remember what I said about the Deputies at the jail not knowing or caring about anything that happened before she was walked through the sally port door though. She's just another inmate and a potential threat to the security of the facility until properly secured.

6 hours on the floor? Yeah... That was punitive. Don't fight and make them work so hard and they won't leave you laying for hours to rot on a cold concrete floor. Payback is a real nasty thing when you're in the losing position with no options left.

edit on 4-12-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MoosKept240

I have not encountered many cases amongst friends and acquaintances, and even friends of my ex, that had them automatically stripped when they were hauled in, (zero in fact), nor did they target the 9/11 caller in 99% of the cases. They weren't stripped even by the same sex officers. And discussing it afterwards was always done. They had to destress with everyone they knew.
edit on 4-12-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-12-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by unworldly

They are really dramatizing this whole thing. What they aren't showing is what this woman did to provoke such actions. While I'm no fan of the police, I have a very difficult time believing that these officers just up and--totally for no reason and out of the blue--subjected someone to this ordeal.

And just exactly what sort of "provocation" would justify brutally tearing the lady's cloths off and leaving her naked on the floor?
Who is "dramatizing" it?
It looks quite dramatic/traumatic as is, without any "spin".

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JustSlowlyBackAway

Thank you very much.
I am shaking my head in disbelief.

Much Peace...

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
This was big news when it happened (3-4years ago?) she was the one who called the police if my memory serves serves me correct.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

unsure if true. Needs more research. Video is clear, but still unsure.

Seems unfathomable for America. Results if public learns, interesting to observe.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I want to throw up.
Nazi Germany all over again.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

You know what, I genuinely cant be bothered with Civilization anymore, you live your life honestly and do everything you can to be a decent person and 'fit in' to society, and in turn you get treated like a criminal by the only people who have sworn oaths to protect and serve you. Then after you have been humiliated and been given a criminal record making it near impossible to find a decent job, the politicians and bankers screw you for all that you have left. And thats just if your lucky, there are so many more ways you can be screwed over by the people who are there to protect you.

I believe it is time to take our lives back into our own hands and live our lives how they were meant to be lived, hand in hand with nature, not cooped up in our fake materialistic lives dominated by money and power.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Every person that wears a uniform is not a hero. Some are just morons. Power is too much for some to handle. I would not inditct all cops but they are no different than anyone who gets a little power. We have been conditioned to salute and run up the flag for anyone in uniform, that is a mistake, some times it is better just to run. In many locals a gun is given to anyone with a Community College Degree and a short hair cut. TV Cops are few and far between.
edit on 4-12-2011 by MissingRonnieR because: distracted by a beating

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join