It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revision to the 1st amendment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Apparently Our freedom of speech and right to assemble is only for 3hrs I missed that in the fine print of the 1st amendment.

The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution is part of the Bill of Rights. The amendment prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, impeding the free exercise of religion, abridging the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances. Source

wiki needs to be updated they don't know about the three hour time limit for freedom of speech...

what is even more shameful than this 3hr time limit is the stuttering cop who cant even start talking because she knows what she is about to say is total crap that goes against everything that is America and our FIRST amendment rights.

she unjustly generalizes all protesters effectively ending the protest and all future protest by grouping all protesters as being one in the same and calling it an event.

this was not an event, it was an exercise in the protestors first amendment rights and that exercise has FAILED, our law enforcement has failed our Gov. officials have all failed.

to all those who don't agree with the right to protest I ask you what is worth protesting when will you say enough is enough or Gov. needs to change?

I fear it is already too late we know voting doesn't work the last 100yrs have shown us that much. and now protesting is taboo and only for dirty hippies thanks to 60's propaganda.

how soon until these protestors are labeled as terrorist and imprisoned indefinitely with no charge or evidence?
edit on 12/2/2011 by -W1LL because: sp

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I hope we just keep perspective on this. It isn't Texas and it's not this cop to be angry with. A few weeks ago? Sure... That was true. Now though, Department of Homeland Security and the Incident Command Centers at the Hoover Building in Washington are coordinating and directing the attack and systematic dismantling of OWS.

Those are Obama's people..and they're just down the street from his Office. Hence..in a very real way that Truman understood (The Buck Stops Here, fame...) Obama is the one standing there saying this. If he didn't agree, he could absolutely stop this with a wave of his magic pen. He is sure doing plenty of other things, with absolutely no regard to state or local jurisdictional issues, so this wouldn't be anything new to put a screeching halt to.

So....... Decamp the cities and leave the parks and plazas. Don't wait for March 12 for nice weather and sunshine. Get to D.C. now and BEFORE the energy drops from the movement. Give the Obama's as merry a Christmas as their leadership or LACK of it has given so many millions of us this year. He deserves nothing less.

Let him gaze out his window past the "Holiday Tree" or whatever they call it this year and see an endless sea of tents and protesters in all directions for the New Year to dawn on. Let's see him babble about 3 hour limits when the crowd to say that to is outside the White House, not far away in a fly-over state he can safely ignore.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
wow a bunch of push overs if you ask me. Peaceful revolution won't happen in this country. A violent one may accomplish a new govt but eventually that will become corrupted too.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
ugh.. double post.

edit on 2-12-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I hope we just keep perspective on this. It isn't Texas and it's not this cop to be angry with. A few weeks ago? Sure... That was true. Now though, Department of Homeland Security and the Incident Command Centers at the Hoover Building in Washington are coordinating and directing the attack and systematic dismantling of OWS.

Those are Obama's people..and they're just down the street from his Office. Hence..in a very real way that Truman understood (The Buck Stops Here, fame...) Obama is the one standing there saying this. If he didn't agree, he could absolutely stop this with a wave of his magic pen. He is sure doing plenty of other things, with absolutely no regard to state or local jurisdictional issues, so this wouldn't be anything new to put a screeching halt to.

So....... Decamp the cities and leave the parks and plazas. Don't wait for March 12 for nice weather and sunshine. Get to D.C. now and BEFORE the energy drops from the movement. Give the Obama's as merry a Christmas as their leadership or LACK of it has given so many millions of us this year. He deserves nothing less.

Let him gaze out his window past the "Holiday Tree" or whatever they call it this year and see an endless sea of tents and protesters in all directions for the New Year to dawn on. Let's see him babble about 3 hour limits when the crowd to say that to is outside the White House, not far away in a fly-over state he can safely ignore.

No, this people should be angry with this police officer. As a police officer she should be aware of the constitution. And i bet she does. So i'm sure she knows what she did was violating these peoples rights. Even if she is just following orders, brave people know when to change. This is like saying not to be upset with the nazi gaurds who were just following orders throughout the holocaust.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

well said, I got caught up in this situation and video, what you said is right on it..

we need to follow the Buck and stop it...
edit on 12/2/2011 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
You can say bye bye to that freedom of the press part as well. Mayor Bloomberg gave the media the boot during his army's (he referred to NYPD as my own army this week) campaign against those assembled in New York.

Houston...I think we have a problem.

During Franklin D. Roosevelt's 1941 State of the Union speech, he enumerated four essential human freedom's: Freedom of speech, freedom of every person to worship God in his own way, freedom from want and freedom from fear.

Our government has gone with the "all fear" public policy route, is leaving the population in want after life savings have been "lost" through wealth consolidation; and as for freedom of speech....well....yes....we have a VERY REAL PROBLEM.

Thanks for bringing this information out.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
This and this thread honestly just make me want to cry. How can we have officials in our government who are sworn to uphold the Constitution behave in this manor and propose/pass policies such as this? We are in a lot of trouble.
edit on 2-12-2011 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
No, this people should be angry with this police officer. As a police officer she should be aware of the constitution. And i bet she does. So i'm sure she knows what she did was violating these peoples rights. Even if she is just following orders, brave people know when to change. This is like saying not to be upset with the nazi gaurds who were just following orders throughout the holocaust.

The problem is the cop here is the messenger. Get mad at her or even get her fired for something. It'll remove her voice saying it, but one steps up right behind her to pick up where she left off. If every cop in the state of Texas did the same, we'd feel great.....until a man in a black suit and an FBI badge or DHS agent credentials stepped up and HE took her place to finish what was being said.

Unless you focus on and work to remove those sending the message, there will always be another person to step up and deliver it. There will always be plenty of force to back up the message, no matter how many step down or are removed from the process. Go for the source....not the end result, and change may come.

join