It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another step toward martial law?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Greetings ATSers' I'm curious to know what you may think about this incident that has happened over here in sunny NM apparently a student was arrested for belching in class. Now I'm sure like all sides to a story the boy could be obnoxious or rude 24/7 but still the actions of his principal and the school district itself seem to be taking this overboard. What say you? Has this incident been overly exaggerated? Or is this a step closer to some sort of martial law interests the government is trying to impose upon the american people?

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by VerityPhantom

Already on here www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by VerityPhantom
Greetings ATSers' I'm curious to know what you may think about this incident that has happened over here in sunny NM apparently a student was arrested for belching in class. Now I'm sure like all sides to a story the boy could be obnoxious or rude 24/7 but still the actions of his principal and the school district itself seem to be taking this overboard. What say you? Has this incident been overly exaggerated? Or is this a step closer to some sort of martial law interests the government is trying to impose upon the american people?

news.yahoo.com...

Make's me think that police cut backs are justified.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Ok I'll say it...

Follow das rules or you gets dien hammer!

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Burping should be outlawed.Doesnt anybody have any manners anymore.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Farting will be the next crime

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
yeah im not in new mexico, so i don't really care.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by VerityPhantom

Is some kid being arrested a step towards martial law? No.

Is the erosion of the Bill of Rights and Constitution with oppressive security measures like the Patriot Act, TSA, and the NDAA which allows the military to imprison American citizens indefinitely without a trial a step towards martial law? Yes.

So while I do agree that we're on the way to a martial law police state, I think this example is off the mark.
edit on 2-12-2011 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Well yeah I agree with you entirely but don't you think that because this boy was arrested his constitutional rights were impeded on?

join