It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghan president pardons imprisoned rape victim - after she agrees to marry attacker

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I think its sick to think ANYONE would think this is the right action to take, someting needs to be done about this and quick

Karzai’s office said in a statement that the woman and her attacker have agreed to marry. That would reverse an earlier decision by the 19-year-old woman, who had previously refused a judge’s offer of freedom if she agreed to marry the rapist.

full story

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by dedpope
I think its sick to think ANYONE would think this is the right action to take...

On the radio today, one local was saying that is a big improvement from 10 years ago, when she would have been stoned to death as soon as the news got out.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
They're doing what? Oh that's it, we need to start bombing them, glass parking lot style!

We already are? OK then, as long as more people are dying to fight injustices, it's all good.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Yeah I know but I couldn't think of that poor girl spinding the rest of her life with the man that raped her , death would be better IMO .....just saying

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
They're doing what? Oh that's it, we need to start bombing them, glass parking lot style!

We already are? OK then, as long as more people are dying to fight injustices, it's all good.

lol point taken but its sad all the same

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by dedpope

They do things a bit different over there... It is a different culture, its best not to judge them too much. It works for them....

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Or maybe she will grow a pair and gut the SOB, now that would be nice. She can come seek asylum in spain then, my doors are wide open.

join