It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Life as a Turkey

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
You'll never look at Turkeys the same way again. It turns out they're an animal species that has feelings, emotions, and an uncanny ability to understand their natural environment from a very early age. It's not that the video is about a Turkey, it could be about any animal, but I think it demonstrates that sometimes we have to just live in the moment instead of worrying about the future.

After a local farmer left a bowl of eggs on Joe Hutto's front porch, his life was forever changed. Hutto, possessing a broad background in the natural sciences and an interest in imprinting young animals, incubated the eggs and waited for them to hatch. As the chicks emerged from their shells, they locked eyes with an unusual but dedicated mother.

video.pbs.org...

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

All animals are just like us
they just cant communicate
have you ever seen an animal that doesnt act like it has emotions of some kind?
we would all know it but society has taught us to treat them like just another product

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I thought this was an 'English as a second language' thread when I read the title.

Cool story and rather illuminating. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by WakeUpRiseUp

All animals are just like us
they just cant communicate
have you ever seen an animal that doesnt act like it has emotions of some kind?
we would all know it but society has taught us to treat them like just another product

Good point. But if God didn't want us to eat them, why are they so damn delicious?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by WakeUpRiseUp

just like us may be an overstatement. but i agree for too long humans have acted like the other animals are just little robots with no thoughts emotion or desire.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Makes me wish I were a vegitarian but damn it's soooo hard!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

That's the first time I saw someone who thought they could communicate with turkeys.

I wonder if he really could, or if he just thought that he could?

Either way it was fascinating. By the way did anyone notice when the rat snake got in the pen and ate the turkey that seemed rather staged? For one thing, the "chicken wire" on the outside of the cage wasn't uniform, some of it was small enough mesh to keep snakes out, but one side used larger mesh big enough to let the snake in.

So, instead of just installing the smaller mesh wire everywhere, he decides to stay with the turkeys? Then he says in many ways the turkeys might be more intelligent than him? Hmmmm, could be!
but I still enjoyed it.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by PosterNutbag

Good point. But if God didn't want us to eat them, why are they so damn delicious?
Well god or not theres a difference between enslaving animals like we do and hunting them when there in the wild. Just like everything I think humans take it too far.
I hope you dont eat meat on the sabbath or friday or whatever it is

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
reply to post by WakeUpRiseUp

just like us may be an overstatement. but i agree for too long humans have acted like the other animals are just little robots with no thoughts emotion or desire.
Of course not just like us, but they obviously feel emotion, desire, pain and everything else that should be enough not to enslave them like we do. Like the whales in sea world, I cant imagine how painfull that must be for them; whales migrate thousands of miles and have such a complex life that we cant even understand.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
dude !

you know me .. well you should know me and i gotta i just gotta comment on the title of the thread......

YOUR A TURKEY?

this is news to me .. in fact it should be on all of the major news networks .

my friend virt is a morphing thing , not human and can change shape at any given time into ANY LIVING CREATURE

excuse me while i call CNN, BBC, FOXNEWS SKYNEWS ETC...
instant fame ........

on a more serious note
iv always known that animals have feelings and its nice to know that there are people out there who care enough about them to admit it ..

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by alysha.angel
dude !

you know me .. well you should know me and i gotta i just gotta comment on the title of the thread......

YOUR A TURKEY?

this is news to me .. in fact it should be on all of the major news networks .

my friend virt is a morphing thing , not human and can change shape at any given time into ANY LIVING CREATURE

excuse me while i call CNN, BBC, FOXNEWS SKYNEWS ETC...
instant fame ........

on a more serious note
iv always known that animals have feelings and its nice to know that there are people out there who care enough about them to admit it ..

Well I... uh...

I can explain...

*RUNS*

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
We saw a preview for this program on pbs and were SO glad we watched it. It was amazing, beautiful, touching, and surprisingly poignant.. Highly recommended viewing.

join