It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Friday - Footage of the Madness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
This is crazy and sad.. if you don't think we're in a depression or at least close to it, watch this video.

Keep in mind these people aren't looting, the stuff they're after isn't being given away. They're trampling each other to BUY THINGS

edit on 26-11-2011 by bacci0909 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
It is sad but this is actually old footage from last year I believe. And I don't remember if this was Black Friday footage or not.

Still sickening tho.

peace

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Yeah, I'm sure not all of the footage is from today (/yesterday).. but still, the economy wasn't much better this time last year. It still speaks to the times we're living in

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I was hoping to see some knockdown drag-out fights!...instead it turned out to be like the sarah mclaughlan commercial combined with a MLK speech.

There will be people that act carelessly in everything you can conceive of, but people fighting over furby dolls or whatever is not cause to get all choked up.

As for how this reflects the economy--I don't get it, Black Friday has been like this ever since I can remember, people like to save 75% on anything they buy, and they will tackle others to get it if they have to.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I guess we know why they need all those Fema camps , looking at these people really makes you wonder if sterilization is not such a bad thing after all.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by dudeawesome
I was hoping to see some knockdown drag-out fights!...instead it turned out to be like the sarah mclaughlan commercial combined with a MLK speech.

yeah, the end is lame. I was trying to find a better one that didn't do that

There will be people that act carelessly in everything you can conceive of, but people fighting over furby dolls or whatever is not cause to get all choked up.

As for how this reflects the economy--I don't get it, Black Friday has been like this ever since I can remember, people like to save 75% on anything they buy, and they will tackle others to get it if they have to.

I know it's probably always been pretty nuts, but really, this bad? People pepper-spraying groups of other people, a shooting, one wal-mart employee killed by way of trampling? Maybe I just never really paid attention in the past

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Well, I've never paid enough attention to make a true comparison. I just remember hearing stories of that kind of stuff when I worked at McD's when beanie babies were all the rage, and Walmart when furbies were. The managers at the time knew what was going on and had to prepare us for incoming berserk shoppers. lol

I can't find the articles I'm looking for, but I did come across this one over laptops on sale at Walmart in 2005.

www.wftv.com...

"It was absolutely pandemonium in there. They were throwing laptops twenty feet in the air, and people were collapsing on each other to grab them. It was ridiculous," said shopper Brian Horwitz

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I've already seen some. Heard stories.... This is why I refuse to ever go out on Black Friday. It brings out the true horrible nature of people.

It shows we are greedy, cruel and selfish and that bothers me....

Black friday needs to stop....

But it never will because the root of it is money.The stores make money and the consumer saves money...But is it worth people getting hurt? People have died getting trampled to death for god sake.

It's just not worth it....Stay home and be with your family

It seems to get worse every year and I wonder....Just how far will it go before this is stopped?
edit on 26-11-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
LOL!

did anyone notice the women who fell at 6/7 seconds put on her wig again?
made laugh

watch this, freaking unbelieveable.

CONSUME and BUY you GOOD citizens !

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by bacci0909
if you don't think we're in a depression or at least close to it, watch this video.

Greed and pathetic human behavior have nothing to do with if we are in a depression or not.
It's just rooted so deep in them that, whatever the economy is, they'd be trampling others to
get their 'bargain' goods that they don't really need anyways. :shk: Sad and pathetic.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Unbelivable

Jesus said do not celebrate my birth. I refuse this crap every year. I hate it and still get sucked in. Like a spell upon the people, that turns everyone into pigs. It's just nasty and disgusting.. Great holiday. The only ones that learn, are those who survive being trampled.
edit on 26-11-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I wonder how many Wal-Mart employees called in sick knowing the crazy mad rush there would be. This is a dangerous tradition.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
anyone been following the MSM the past month leading up to this? it is something that is systematically drilled in to the heads of the feeble minded. none of these "deals" were very good tbh.

join