It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

March 2011 imagery of the Aerial Operations Facility at the Nevada Test Site

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Here is an old thread explaining the facilty.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The new imagery has what looks like a MQ-9 parked nearby.

What I find interesting are these two tall towers. I swear it looks like they have glass domes on top.

I noticed the Creech imagery dates back to 2006. I suspect the USAF asked Google not to update the imagery. The based has expanded many times since 2006.

The TTR imagery is still 2007.That may be more due to lack of interest than something intentional by Google. In theory, Google updates the imagery based on the amount of activity the area receives via GE. Obviously Groom Lake gets a lot of views. Given the interest in drones these days, I can't believe Creech isn't getting activity on GE.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
News article about the AOF.

www.flightglobal.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

I would recommend saving these images we have for future use as Google may perhaps have these images encrypted in the future (or blurred) demanded by the US Government. Not just this one.

Just by seeing a parked UAV on the ramp does not mean anything. Its not like having the whole UAV Technical Manual Guide which can reveal its sensors, camera, video technology and etc...
edit on 10-12Dec-112011 by darpa999 because: editing

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Great pictures. Glad I saved them in time before they got blurred!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by curiousrb

...they haven't been blurred. Well not on Google Maps/Earth, as we speak. What are you referring to???

top topics

join