It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New flu virus in three Iowa kids raises concern about wider spread

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

New flu virus in three Iowa kids raises concern about wider spread

vitals.msnbc.msn.com...

Three children in Iowa have come down with a new type of flu virus previously linked to pigs, but this time the bug appears to have been spread by people.

The children, who live in rural Webster and Hamilton counties, did not become seriously ill, said Dr. Patricia Quinlisk, medical director for the Iowa Department of Public Health. But the detection of the virus known as swine-origin A/H3N2 in patients who hadn't had contact with animals raises concerns about potentially greater spread of a new type of flu.

"We have pretty good evidence of person-to-person spread," Quinlisk said. "N
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 23-11-2011 by chrismicha77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Here we go folks, could this be the one? Will this virus be the one that wipes out a good portion of the population? Maybe this is a CDC develped virus, intentionallly realeased to the public? Are you and yours ready for this? I am a germaphobe so I am pretty sanitized lol but, I'm also in the public alot. So lets hope this is just localized incidents.

edit on 23-11-2011 by chrismicha77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
You do know you can be too clean right? You need some exposure to germs to build immunity.

Didn't we go through this crap in 2009? No plague then and we were all gonna die they said.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
NWO just needs to go all out and make a combo bird/pig hybrid mixed virus. That will get the masses scared and Vaccinated

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

It's already happened before so it can happen again.

Health officials are investigating a never-before-seen form of the flu that combines pig, bird and human viruses and which has infected seven people in California and Texas. All the victims recovered, but the cases are a growing medical mystery because it's unclear how they caught the virus.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
NWO just needs to go all out and make a combo bird/pig hybrid mixed virus. That will get the masses scared and Vaccinated

That's about the time my family will get flu vaccines: When pigs fly.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Yup,

Will we see "Deady FLU" warnings over the TV and on the cell phones? Obama has the power to address the entire nation with the flick of a switch now. Will he use it and was this the plan all along?

Just after the entire Country witnessed the Emergency Broadcast Test, will this be the first use of the new system?

Perhaps...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

275,000 people were hospitalized and 17,000 Americans died because of H1N1. Nothing to sneeze at.

BTW, the flu is a virus, a plague is a bacterial infection.

Death is not the biggest concern, it is widespread infection. H1N1 was a decendant of the Spanish flu which took out a large number of teh workforce ad was the deadliest pandemic in human history. its the crippling of how society operates that causes a big concern as well as death. 30% of teachers, firefighters, police officers, doctors, bankers, credit movers being removed from the workforce is an issue.

If you jog your memory then you will remember that it took months for them to come up with H1N1 vaccine.The article states that certain shots in the 90s will offer some protection. That is how pandemics start is because its a new strain that they don't have a vaccine for yet.
edit on 23-11-2011 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
sounds like the makings of bio-terrorism on our own soil...it all starts with a few cases of some mystery virus here...a few there...you know damn well that stuff is being engineered...not only to taint the food supply, but test the general population, and see what happens when tptb unleash their full-scale bio-attacks on innocent people

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

LOL....to bad it didn't work.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
No scary flu (warning) before Christmas.Shop till you drop and spread the love

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77

Here we go folks, could this be the one? Will this virus be the one that wipes out a good portion of the population?

Your excerpt said the chidlren "did not become seriously ill," so my guess is no.

We vaccinate for the flu, including an H3N2 strain, every year. If this strain spreads, we'll drop it into the next batch of the seasonal vaccine. If it doesn't wait for the next flu season, we'll do another monovalent vaccine like we did in 2009--and then put it in the seasonal vaccine, like we did with the 2009 pandemic strain in subsequent years.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I'm confused. Is the article saying the children got sick with H3N2, or from a new type of flu derived from H3N2? H3N2 has been around for a long time, several decades I believe. It's amazing how many people die from the flu annually, I think its around 30,000 in the U.S.

Anyway, the flu is not that serious. If you have a weak immune system then I guess it can be, but that is -mostly- your own fault. I had swine flu back in '10 and it really wasn't that bad. I felt like poop, same with any flu, took my vitamin C, ate plenty of vegetables, 2 days later I was right as rain.

I think people really do need to watch their diet more. Your body lives off of the food you eat, so eating improperly will give your body a lesser chance of warding off disease and illness. I take about 100-200% of vitamin C daily from grapefruit juice, delicious AND nutritious!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Celestica

Did you actually say that 30,000 people died but its not that serious? That if you eat vegetables you will be fine?

did you actually get tested and know it was teh swine flu?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Ermmm.... so 3... that is THREE children, out of a world population of 7 BILLION ""did not become seriously ill""

Yep, time to panic I'd say!!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mister_Bit
Ermmm.... so 3... that is THREE children, out of a world population of 7 BILLION ""did not become seriously ill""

Correct me if Im wrong but isnt every years flu a different type of flu?
I mean thats why flu jabs should be done every year right?
Just another scare tactic to sell more flu shots I think.
This is getting old now.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mister_Bit

All it takes is ONE to infect millions!

Scare tactic? Maybe, but regardless, I'm not getting vaccinated period...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

All it takes is ONE to infect millions!

Scare tactic? Maybe, but regardless, I'm not getting vaccinated period...

i don't blame you......last time i got any kind of flu shot, was in basic training...back in '86....haven't got one, since.....what a good way for our government to update their dna database of american citizens.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I have seen 4 flu commercials in the last 30 minutes WTH!!!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
i keep my tv glued to the weather channel....haven't seen hardly any flu commercials, yet....but i'm sure they will increase, soon...if i want or need other info...i come here, and a few other places...i don't deal with the msm crap, anymore

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join