It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian Military Using Nerve Gas on Protesters

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+74 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

www.newsmax.com

The Egyptian military has been using a banned chemical agent to deal with hundreds of thousands of protesters, according to several news sources.

At least 23 Egyptians have died and more than 1,700 have succumbed to a lethal gas military forces have been using during the past three days in clashes in and around Cairo's Tahrir Square.

The International Business Times reports that demonstrators have been struck with "dangerous levels of CR gas over the past two days of protests" and Australia's The Age said Wednesday that the canisters are marked "Made in the USA."

CR gas is an in
(visit the link for the full news article)

+62 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Sorry about the source not being from a more mainstream outlet but all the mainstream sites reporting on this only have it in breaking news with little to no information.

I hope this is just a rumor but it sounds true due to all the deaths that have been happening. Don't shoot the messenger but the article claims the gas canisters say "made in USA". Maybe that's why certain outlets won't cover this story in detail.

This will be interesting to watch unfold. As I said I really hope this isn't true.

www.newsmax.com

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I hope that stuff wasn't made in the USA. Just saying. ------------------

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I wonder is this to distract people from the fact that they are shooting dead people in egypt.

dozens have been killed this week.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

There is another thread somewhere here on ATS where an Egyptian doctor alleges he ran tests on one of the canisters and found traces of cynanide but there is no proof to back up the claim nor confirm as yet.

Nerve gas....I had assumed this was common knowledge, I learned about that afew years ago.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Now I'm finding tons of mainstream sources that claim it's just American made tear gas.

abcnews.go.com...

Perhaps the source in my OP was incorrect. I'm on my mobile so I'm limited in resources. Any help looking into this would be appreciated. I should be home shortly.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

.....being the CR gas was not developed by the US or used by the US I find it suspect canisters state made in the USA.

I believe the finger poiinting would be at the UK, who developed the item which is used in crowd control dating back to the 1950's. Its safer than tear gas and can cause incapacitation and nothing more.

CR Gas
edit on 23-11-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Thanks, I wasn't aware of the previous claims. I definitely plan on researching this more once I get home. It sounds like there might actually be some truth to the story. It's too early to tell with such little evidence though.
edit on 23-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I know the tear gas they have been firing on the protesters in bahrain is from the U.S.
It was made in Pennsylvania. Its not really any surprise.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

www.newsmax.com

The Egyptian military has been using a banned chemical agent to deal with hundreds of thousands of protesters, according to several news sources.

At least 23 Egyptians have died and more than 1,700 have succumbed to a lethal gas military forces have been using during the past three days in clashes in and around Cairo's Tahrir Square.

The International Business Times reports that demonstrators have been struck with "dangerous levels of CR gas over the past two days of protests" and Australia's The Age said Wednesday that the canisters are marked "Made in the USA."

CR gas is an in

How did USA get on the labels? I corrected my previous comments for this question. They are produced in the UK. What does this tell us about the USA label? Would be be so dumb as to place a made in the USA label on something on the black market?

edit on 23-11-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

There is another thread somewhere here on ATS where an Egyptian doctor alleges he ran tests on one of the canisters and found traces of cynanide but there is no proof to back up the claim nor confirm as yet.

Nerve gas....I had assumed this was common knowledge, I learned about that afew years ago.

I think you may be referring to El Baredai (sp). I think he made the accusation that CR had another chemical in it aking it lethal. I thought it was during the initial uprising in Egypt though, and not related to this one.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Here's another less criticized source:

Egyptian Military Using Banned Lethal Substance as Tear Gas; Could Cause Vital Organ Damage
www.ibtimes.com...

The news site Bikyamasr says demonstrators were exposed to dangerous levels of CR gas over the past two days of protests, with many calling the use of gas a "crime against humanity." Protesters who were exposed to high doses of CR gas reportedly coughed and vomited blood and many were taken to medical care after they passed out.

Popularly known as CR gas, this incapacitating agent was developed by the British Ministry of Defense as a riot control measure in the 1960s and its effects are six to 10 times more powerful than those of the widely used CS gas. CR gas is suspected to be carcinogenic and can even be lethal when administered in a poorly ventilated space. The gas can "melt" human skin if it comes in contact with sweat.

This British product was used in Northern Ireland, South Africa, and other places.... it is not "Made in the USA."

link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

The US did not create this - the UK did.
The US does not use CR for crowd control - The UK did
The US military does not use CR - its listed as a chemical weapon with combat classification.

Wiki - CR Gas
edit on 23-11-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Thanks for the information. I'm leaving now and won't be able to post for around 30 minutes. I will check back shortly. Appreciate you guys helping look into this.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Whatever is in those canisters is something very new not seen before by doctors in Egyptian hospitals, they allege it's something different to previous use of tear gas during previous rioting and demonstrations.

My guess is these were made in USA, France or Germany.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Probably the cannister was made in the USA..

The agent inside, well that's entirely different.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
I wonder is this to distract people from the fact that they are shooting dead people in egypt.

dozens have been killed this week.

I think shooting dead people is a waste of ammunition.

Just sayin.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

So this is Tahrir 2.0? Sequels always suck...
Why does it even matter where the Gas was made?
The US and others sell much more nasty stuff all the time.

reply to post by Shadowalker

Not if they are still walking... also just sayin.
edit on 23-11-2011 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Thats why I'm suspecting France or Germany as well. I know those two countries supplied Saddam Hussein chemicals to kill many thousands of Kurds during his rein over Iraq.....and tons of paper shedding of shall we say "trade" between Saddam and Chirac. Then we have white phosphorus in weaponry made in the USA used upon the Iraqis and Gazans. And don't even get me started on Germany.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Amnesty international has also expressed concern about the use of tear gas in the square.

"We have received reports from medical sources saying that some of those who died did so as as a result of suffocation after inhaling tear gas," Said Haddadi, a spokesman for the rights group, told Al Jazeera.

www.aljazeera.com...

<<   2  3  4 >>

join