It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High Radiation In Michigan Today 11/22/11 Due To Radioactive Rain?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
High Radiation In Michigan Due To Radioactive Rain?

I ran across this post:

Radiation Watch 2011

Originally posted by Aircooled
This was just on Radnet. Then it disappeared

www.radiationnetwork.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I responed with these posts:

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
reply to post by Aircooled

Yikes. That's right in my backyard. What the deuce?

It's been raining heavily/steadily most of the afternoon here. Perhaps the radioactive rain everyone says doesn't exist spiked the reading temporarily.

A quick blog search returned this:

MONDAY, NOVEMBER 21, 2011
RADIOACTIVE rainwater in Michigan. Child develops rash from possible radiation burns. Please forward!!

timucinleflef.blogspot.com...

MI SKY HIGH RADS and amp KID SICK
video.godlikeproductions.com...

edit on 11/22/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: video

I thought this might be important enough to start a thread.

Michigan residents with monitoring equipment are encouraged to report your findings.

edit on 11/22/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typos

edit on 11/22/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Sorry about all the typos. Take a look now, the post is all fixed up.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

I WAS JUST OUT IN THAT RAIN!!!!!!
anyway its raining down really hard...wonder why it was so high though...

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by FonsoHarman

I WAS JUST OUT IN THAT RAIN!!!!!!
anyway its raining down really hard...wonder why it was so high though...

Um... Fukushima maybe?
At least that's my initial thought.
And it's still pouring...

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I am N. Indiana - it has rained all day
and we usually get our weather fronts
from the N (such as Michigan) but our
counts are alright. Radiation does
travel with the weather patterns, right?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

with how the clouds form over the ocean its a total possibility.
kind of a scary thought to be honest but totally plausible.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I wish I had access to equipment to check this. I could possibly get my hands on something tomorrow and check things out if it's still raining. I wonder if this has anything to do with why my wife and I are feeling strangely sick. Not like a normal cold or flu.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
I am N. Indiana - it has rained all day
and we usually get our weather fronts
from the N (such as Michigan) but our
counts are alright. Radiation does
travel with the weather patterns, right?

It depends on who you ask. If you're asking me, my answer is yes, it does travel with the weather patterns i.e. the jet stream. But I'm not an expert, so...

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Here:

Note: Pay close attention to the measurements/scale given because they vary greatly.

Radioactive Iodine-131, 15th March, hours after the EQ and Tsunami.

Radioactive Xenon-133, 23rd March, going over Uk and Europe

Radioactive Iodine-131, 14th April

Radioactive Iodine-131, 20th April

Radioactive Iodine-131, 23rd April

Radioactive Cesium-137, 24th April

Radioactive Xenon-133, 9th May

Radioactive Xenon-131, 9th May, S-E Asia, caught in a Hurricane

Now we can all assume the situation at Fukushima has not been resolved so these maps could be classed as current forecasts too.

These maps care of the Norwegian Air Monitoring Institute.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

I've been aware of the Norwegian Air Monitoring Institute model for some time now. Thank you for posting though. Others may not be aware of it.

Here's my related thread:

You Need This: Norwegian Institute For Air Research Radiation Data And Links
edit on 11/22/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Posted in Radiation Watch 2011 in response to my post:

Originally posted by Aircooled

Yes that's up wind from me as well [Eastern Ont.] and it was higher when I first saw it. By the time I hit Print screen it had dropped 50 points to 112, then Poof!
Well my Soeks dosimeter arrived [275-300 bucks on Ebay] and I finally figured out how to change the menu to English from Russian. My readings seem to wander between 10 and 22 cpm, if I'm converting right? Inside the house it wanders from 0.10 mcSv/h to about 0.18. Outside in the yard it wandered in between 0.13 mcSv/h up to 0.22. So normal background, I guess? I flip it on a few times a day.
I checked our picnic table because the wood would absorb the rads more. Sometimes it reads higher on the grass, sometimes the picnic table.
I have an FB friend in Seattle Wash. who also bought one. Her readings today were lower than mine. Her readings ranged from 0.04 mcSv/h to 0.11. So it's good news for a change. If one of us has a spike, I'll post.
I know......the pictures fuzzy. I'll improve with practice

Originally posted by thorfourwinds

It's been raining heavily/steadily most of the afternoon here.

Perhaps the radioactive rain everyone says doesn't exist spiked the reading temporarily.

Greetings:

Wishing you the best in that situation (stay dry) although, it is actually quite exciting to have your ear to the ground, so to speak.

Please keep us updated as to your personal experiences and observations, if you would like to share. Especially the animals who drink water outdoors.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch - check these stories out for other examples of Nukespeak:

4 September 2011
4 Above Limit Radioactive Cesium Tea Products Reach Market

Radioactive cesium exceeding the legal limit has been detected in four tea products that reached the market and were made with tea leaves from Saitama and Chiba prefectures, a recent health ministry inspection showed.

One of the products, using tea leaves from Chiba Prefecture, contained [color=3BB9FF]2,720 becquerels of cesium per kilogram, far above the government-set limit of 500 becquerels, the Health, Labor and Welfare Ministry said Friday. (...)

12 October 2011
Fukushima Rice All Cleared for Shipment, Radioactive or Not

(...) Fukushima rice all cleared for shipment, radioactive or not because in the "main" test administered by the Fukushima prefectural government, none exceeded the stringent national provisional safety limit of 500 becquerels/kg of radioactive cesium.

The highest was from a district in Nihonmatsu City, 470 becquerels/kg. But not to worry, rice farmers of the particular district.

The Fukushima prefectural government will buy up all your rice, according to Kyodo News English (10/12/2011), probably using the money from the national government (i.e. nation's taxpayers' money).

Wow! Under the wire by 30 becquerels/kg (7%). Now, doesn't that make you feel all warm and cozy and hungry... not! Wonder what the cut-off number really is, if there really is one?

It's a win-win for those rice farmers who went ahead and grew rice, regardless of concern for radioactivity in the soil - the same thing the farmers are doing for the next crop.

If testing shows less than 500 becquerels/kg of cesium, they are all set to sell. If testing shows close to 500 becquerels/kg, the government buys the crop.

No information on what the prefecture is going to do with the rice it buys up, but I suspect it will find its way to the market eventually. [color=3BB9FF]It's a lose-lose for a minority of conscientious farmers in Fukushima who chose not to grow at all this year - no sales, no compensation.

Good luck, consumers, finding radiation-free rice and fighting critics who tell you that you are selfish on insisting on clean food. After all, it's not like the children are at risk ... oops!

14 October 2011
Radioactive Fukushima Rice Headed For Restaurants, Schools
and Consumers In Tokyo!

Now that the rice from all districts and cities in Fukushima Prefecture are declared “safe” (i.e. below the provisional safety limit of 500 becquerels/kg of radioactive cesium), the Fukushima prefectural government is gearing up for the PR campaign it plans to mount to promote Fukushima rice in restaurants and school lunches and to consumers in the Tokyo metropolitan area. (...)

Confined to only Tokyo? Isn't that where most tourists might tend to go (both of them)?

Why, we might ask?

The NHK article has an accompanying news clip, where you get to see how the “testing” was done at the Fukushima prefectural government. A government worker is waving a scintillation meter over a plastic bag that contains a small amount of brown rice.

He spends about 2 seconds at most for each bag.

If you recall, waving a scintillation meter over the meat cow was how they were testing the meat for radiation at first.

How'd that work out?

5 November 2011
CRIMINALS:
Koriyama City in Fukushima To Feed 2011 Rice To School Kids

To be continued...
Peace Love Light
tfw
[align=center][color=magenta]Liberty & Equality or Revolution[/align]

Keep up the good work everyone.

- PS

I don't get out much, so all is good. As far as I know.
edit on 11/25/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: additional post

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Well I'm past the "Perhaps it's radiation" It damn well is. From Sunday night's rain here in Ontario.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Some Dec 1st readings from LA.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I just saw this in the Radiation Watch thread. That doesn't look too good. 92, huh?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Colorado snow test. Dec 5th.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Wow, this rings some bells. Nov 26th near Chicago. Radiation spike in rain test. One day [26 hours] before I had my rain spike here in Ontario and did my video on the 27th [Above] I'm about 900 miles north east of this man. And what is in between us is Michigan.

So, I think it's safe to say Michigan had some hot rain on the morning of Nov 27th.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
To This Is Who We are. I have been looking into what these numbers mean, exactly. I'm learning here the same as everybody else. You'll notice on my Nov 27 video [above] I read 1.09 micro-sieverts per hour, here in Ontario. What that means is if I stood out in that rain for an hour, I would get a year's dose of rads.
On to Colorado. December 12th. 100 CPM is dangerous.

Then he switches to micro-sieverts per hour. His Inspector has 3 digits to the right of the decimal point. My Soeks has two. So if I was standing next to him, his .437 would read 0.44 on my machine. 0.40 is Dangerous on mine
December 12th, Colorado, micro-sieverts per hour.

Three days later, Dec 15, eastern Ontario, 11 am, rain check from my windshield. Looks like 5 X background. I can't help wondering if we caught the same plume?

These scientists like to confuse people so we'll think they're some kind of genius's. I have found out that uSv/hr is exactly the same as mcSv/h. Imagine? I will always take the time to spell micro-sieverts per hour to avoid confusion. We sure don't need more confusion.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I was doing a risk study on the Great Lakes region and discovered that there are a lot of reactors in Illinois and Wisconsin. Small releases from any of those plants could cause spikes around the state. Just something to consider.

What should be done is determine if the spikes correspond to conditions at Fukushima. Find out how long it would take to travel the jet stream to arrive here and go back that far. Maybe check the readings at points along the way too. This could establish a pattern to predict future spikes.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Hey MSB. I see we're both Great lakes lovers. First let me start by correcting my earlier explanation of my readings on Nov 27th. Learning to gage this radiation is very hard. I asked a smart friend to explain to me laymen's terms how bad my Nov 27th reading of 1.09 micro-sieverts per hour, was? His answer.
1- that you are getting Fukushima killer dust in the rain, 2- that this dust contains a range of radioactive stuff,
3- that this radioactive stuff disperses after rain by a variety of mechanisms. 4- that current Rad levels are well short of drop down dead lethal, but are of continuing concern because of high levels. 5- that you are establishing a "base line" for your future observations so that we can have public sharing of the fluctuations quickly and easily
What is "drop down dead lethal"? maybe 1 Sv/hr = 1000 mSv/hr or 8 million times "nominal background of .12 microSv/hr"
The effects of damage to genes (from much lower doses) is well established.

So my readings weren't as bad as I thought.
When it comes to understanding radiation we all have to reach that perfect medium between Government propaganda and the fear mongers. I will always try for that. I sure don't want to be one of the folks who make bad news worse. This crap is bad enough by itself.
Ok, The Great Lakes. The government stooges in both countries, on all levels seem protect the nuke gang rather than us. I think Ontario just approved 2 more reactors at Pickering/Darington [Toronto] for a total of 9 now,during this fuk news blackout. They had a huge leak on March 11, when the quake hit Japan, but of course it was well within safety limits. This doesn't count how many are on the US side of Lake Ontario. I don't even know how many are there? A pdf on Lake Ontario Tritium in tap water.
www.sierraclub.ca...
You will notice a little nightmare on the map in there called Chalk River. That's the old leaking, Tritium barfing pig in my back yard. Nobody with any brains fishes the Ottawa river below Chalk R. In my research on this mess in Japan, I have tripped over all these local bits of info. Two meltdowns in the 1950's at Chalk R. [Yes it's that old]
www.nuclearfaq.ca...
A foot note: The lady in charge of Chalk R. closed it a couple of years ago, because it was leaking and the Prime Minister fired her and reopened it. [Illegal] Also they just extended the license for Chalk R. The old timers tell me both accidents in the 50's were dumped in the deep part of the Ottawa river.
So to answer your question, they all leak. The ones near Cleaveland [Bessie] and Chcago are having problems now too. If you start researching the ones in your area you will be shaking your head constantly. I do.
Also I've read that Ontario wants to build two nuclear spent fuel vaults UNDER the great lakes. One on Lake Huron at Kincardine, and maybe one on Lake Superior near Wawa. It's like they look around and say "What's left to destroy?"
My background here is .05 points higher than normal. 0.10 - 0.19 microsieverts per hour. Some of that is natural, but I'm sure some is from Chalk R. The rain is from fuk I think. We get lots of weather from Michigan, Illinois, Colorado, and my readings are beginning to look like they follow these other folks in the States, taking readings.
Here is todays Northern hemisphere jet stream.

And the link.
virga.sfsu.edu...

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Readings from LA

Just so nobody gets too upset, I think he means this triple background would be very bad if it was steady. It's not. This is a rain check. Twenty minutes later he will be back to normal background. That doesn't mean it's harmless. His readings are high but temporary. [So far] Radiation numbers are a very confusing subject to learn, discribe, and convey to others in everyday language. [I'm trying] There is a very big gap in between moderately high, and get a lead umbrella.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join