It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My UFO observation 11/3/11 off the coast of Mexico.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I feel like I need to report this before my memory fades.

I went on a 7 day Mexican Riviera cruise a couple weeks ago with my girlfriend and her 16 year old son. We shared an ocean view room. We had already stayed 2 days in Cabo San Lucas and were sleeping during our overnight voyage to Puerto Vallarta. At 3:30am I awoke to a loud thud (yes I actually checked the time on my phone). Thinking the ship possibly hit something I made myself over to the port side window. The lighting from the deck of the cruise ship made the white foam of the water and sea caps glow light blue. I leaned as close to the glass as I could to look around at the night sky as the stars looked amazing.

I never figured out what caused the thud, but I became mesmerized by the darkness of the ocean and the contrast of the stars in the sky. As I stared into the darkness I noticed a white point of light on the horizon. At first glance I thought it was bright star, but as I stared I realized this "star" was actually moving parallel to our ship at a slightly faster rate. I assumed that it must have been a small ship, but then suddenly the light began moving upwards into the night sky. It was so strange and alarming that I woke up my girlfriend and made her come to the window to see. She comfirmed that she also saw the light and by this time the light started moving rearwards...still at the high elevation. After it had trailed behind our ship I witnessed this light split into 3 lights all in a straight line horizontally. These 3 lights then faded into the distance, but this was hardly the end of it.

I turned on the room television and put the channel on the ship GPS channel. I cannot say for certain how far out to sea we were, but I would estimate we were at least 100 miles from the Mexican coastline. I can say that we were south of the tip of Baja.

My girlfriend and I continued to watch the sky and sea, but she couldn't keep her eyes open any longer so she went back to bed. I couldn't sleep after the first sighting so I continued to watch. After a few minutes I started to see quick dashes of light...almost like shooting stars, but it was so dark outside I had to ask myself if these shooting stars were inside my head. Suddenly my confusion we put to rest...another bright white light or "orb" caught my eye moving across the sky. I awoke my girlfriend again. I also turned on my cheap "Flip" style camcorder hoping it would catch the lights. As before the light was pacing our ship and rising slowly, but this time the light split into 6 lights in a perfect flower formation. The brightest light stayed on center while 5 more lights radiated outward around it. My girlfriend gasped at this sight and my eyes must have been huge. The lights began to spread apart...giving the sense that the pattern was approaching us, but it wasn't until they were right upon us that I realized they were in fact moving toward the ship. Then as quickly as I could register what was happening this "flower" flew right over the deck! It looked close, but because I could see no physical body it was impossible to determine how close it came.

It was now about 4am and I felt the need to up to the deck to see if I could see anything else. My girlfriend joined me. We quickly realized that the deck was too well lit up to see the night sky well, but I saw an employee mopping the deck and asked him if he saw any strange lights. As I pointed to the area where I saw the lights originate from I saw a dim and slowly flashing red light on the horizon. Another employee came over to us to see what we were looking at. We all observed the flashing light. I asked him if that seemed strange and his guess was it was another ship. He said we were nowhere near land. I told him about our sighting and he agreed that was very strange indeed.

When I got home I downloaded the video onto my PC hoping I captured the event. I maximized the screen and applied several filters, but there is just too much white noise on the screen. The camera just has no low light capability. The audio however is kind of funny...me and my girlfriend whispering about these lights as we observe them. We sound like a couple nerds!

join