It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama insured against crocodiles in Australia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Considering on the average only one person a year is killed by crocodile in Australia, I thought it was kind of strange that Local firm TIO jumped at the opportunity to insure the high-profile visitor...President Obama.

President Barack Obama is expected to receive a warm welcome in Australia Wednesday, but just in case the reception is wilder than expected a firm has offered him insurance against crocodiles.Obama will be the fifth president to visit close ally Australia, and his flying two-day visit will take in the staid capital Canberra as well as the Northern Territory town of Darwin, in the heart of “Crocodile Dundee” country.Local firm TIO has snapped up the opportunity to insure the high-profile visitor, issuing a him with a Crocodile Attack Insurance policy which will pay out Aus$50,000 (US$50,870) if the president is fatally attacked by a reptile.

link to story

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
stupid is as stupid does I guess and what is it calling it crocodile dundee country ffs most of crocodile dundee was filmed in queensland and kakadu which is 250 kilometres away from darwin ...
edit on 15/11/2011 by Burgo1010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I thought Obama is a reptile?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
If he is fatally attacked by a croc?

Isn't the Secret Service a better form of insurance? I would hope so...

Funny story though, it gave me a good laugh.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Burgo1010

I agree completely. But there are always kangaroos and ostrichs. (Cant spell that) But he has no insurance against them??

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I think it is all in good fun. God forbid anyone has a sense of humor.

Though I doubt the secret service has croc training. Though I would like to be there for that class.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
That's pretty funny, all right. Ridiculous was my first reaction.

My second reaction was this is an insurance company. Insurance companies make profit by charging premiums and then NOT having to pay claims. It's be safer to insure some rich cad against eye sucking leaches from outerspace than, say...complications from prolonged drinking of expensive wine or a fall from a penthouse balcony. 'Course, if Obama takes the insurance, then, uh...

What makes this even more ironic is he's in the town of Darwin.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Very good, I'm glad it gave you a laugh..it did me as well! Wonder how the SS would react.? Guess a threat is a threat and they would do their job.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Australia needs to loan us some of those crocs. Obama, Boehner, Pelosi, and the rest of the scum would make good eating for those lovely animals.

Feed them all head first.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Burgo1010

The msm is a joke even when they aren't trying to be..

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Liquesence
That's pretty funny, all right. Ridiculous was my first reaction.

My second reaction was this is an insurance company. Insurance companies make profit by charging premiums and then NOT having to pay claims. It's be safer to insure some rich cad against eye sucking leaches from outerspace than, say...complications from prolonged drinking of expensive wine or a fall from a penthouse balcony. 'Course, if Obama takes the insurance, then, uh...

What makes this even more ironic is he's in the town of Darwin.

your right..either way they arent going to have to pay (ins.company)
Plus it got them some Free Advertising!

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Hmmm . . . wonder if it would schwantz up their ecosystem to introduce an aligator or two into the Australian ecosystem.

Just askin' . . .

join