It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whistleblower Terminated from Northwestern for Revealing Human Experimentation

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude

You might be surprised how common this is. Everywhere.

Thanks for the info. S&F&

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayouttheredude
This is the most shocking thing I have seen today.

You think this is something?
This is nothing!

Try this

en.wikipedia.org...

Or

scientists have not only been able to read organisms' genomes faster than ever before, they can also write increasingly complex changes into those genomes, creating organisms with new capabilities.

humanity is moving beyond the constraints of Darwinian evolution. The result, he says, may be an entirely new species.

www.technologyreview.com...

I know people will say the above is different, but that no matter who does it, it's been going on since decades ago
edit on 11-11-2011 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

The Day is young. When I said this was the most shocking thing I have seen today I have to also say that the day is young and in Bizarro world anything can happen and it usually does.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
In the 1990's there was a "Cage Rage" where surgeons were hammering plastic spacers into peoples spines for a quick buck. They made Billions........and after most died, many were crippled...they ceased for awhile. The FDA wrote later it was "high risk" to rip out peoples spine discs and hammer in plastic spacers...and not bolt their vertebrae together so they will fuse.

In 2008 it came back with a vengeance. The FDA looked the other way as surgeons hammered plastic spacers between people's vertebrae......never even bolting their vertebrae together so it would fuse.They made BILLIONS...and in 2011 as evidence piled up...Medical Journal articles disclosed what everyone already knew before is started. It killed and maimed, didn't help people. They would have been better off without the surgery.

The FDA looked the other way so jobs could be created and Billions made.....an action ordered by the President himself...via one of his Czar's. $$$$$$$$

Since there was talk of people suing Nuvasive....they did some fancy legal work and now their money/patents/assets belong to Medtronic from that lawsuit. Nobody now can take anyone to court over what was done to them.

It's not like you can hold the FDA accountable for not regulating Medical Devices.....the President told them not to. And the FDA adopted ""Bayesian Statistics"" for medical devices.

Bayesian Statistics= screw common sense and clinical trials......we'll just approve it for use and see what happens down the road and deal with it then if we have to.
edit on 11-11-2011 by Pervius because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Whistle blowers get canned all the time, because in opposite world, no good deed goes unpunished.

I was canned for whistle blowing about neglect & abuse of the mentally & physically disabled in facilities I worked in. No one cares, go try to be a whistle blower at your job and see what happens. It's about profits not about health & safety. Incidents are always swept under the rug, business as usual, that's how it goes in the real world of Corporatocracy.

OSHA is a joke as well. I called them too and they came down and inspected the facility "after informing my company of the date & time they would be inspecting", which was giving my company almost a week to prepare. These oversight agencies are a joke, what exists on paper is just for show.
edit on 11-11-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

Couldn't agree more. I too was involved in what was basically a sweat shop with illegal immigrants from all over the world, health and safety violations constantly, pain suffering and blood letting a regular occurance.

Nobody cares. Our society has been deliberately built in such a way that truly changing ANYTHING is considered an act of treason.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
I agree, it's very scary. But, I'm going to play Devil's Advocate here, just for the sake of thinking outside the box.

What if the devices were far superior to the existing FDA approved devices? We all have some distrust of the FDA, an organization of inner circle cronies, with connections to money.

What if you invented something, you knew would ultimately save many lives, and was much more cost effective in the entire medical chain of command. I do believe there is a medical chain of command, that controls what actually does get approval. I also don't think that what is best for us, as the patient, is high on the list of considerations.

What would you do? Just a hypothetical question.

Then atleast tell the patient and give them the option to take the chance... many people are willing to allow new devices and medicines to be tested on them... Why do it without telling someone when it could possibly kill them or cause problems and they did not ask you to.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I think that this Doctor is telling the truth. Unfortunately...there are many against her in high places.

It makes me wonder how many other medical professionals are using the public for their experiments without the patients knowledge.

edit on 11-11-2011 by caladonea because: correction

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
So this is why people like William Pawelec didn't want to come forward with this knowledge until after he past.

looking at this story i think I'd do the same..

this seems to be quite a tender subject for the secret in-controllers.

I wonder if this was what William Pawelec was talking about?

i'm having trouble with adding the youtube link, it said malfunction.

the link youtu.be...

edit on 11-11-2011 by HONOREDTODO50 because: i'm having trouble with adding the youtube link, it said malfunction.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by HONOREDTODO50

Here ya go...

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

I agree, it's very scary. But, I'm going to play Devil's Advocate here, just for the sake of thinking outside the box.

What if the devices were far superior to the existing FDA approved devices? We all have some distrust of the FDA, an organization of inner circle cronies, with connections to money.

What if you invented something, you knew would ultimately save many lives, and was much more cost effective in the entire medical chain of command. I do believe there is a medical chain of command, that controls what actually does get approval. I also don't think that what is best for us, as the patient, is high on the list of considerations.

Then we would not see the patients coming back with severe health problems. The problem was not the devices were not approved, the problem is they were not approved and were causing permanent damage, and then the Dr. who notified her superiors of the problems was fired.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

I agree with you...it's totally unethical. I do wonder what drove a person to do it though. Was it desperation? Overblown ego? IDK...but it is an interesting thought for me.

When the device is approved they get to publish and they get royalties. So basically they become famous amount Dr.s and they make a ton of money.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I heard of a similar story recently about hip and knee replacement recall. I think they have even told patients that they might need a new operation to remove and replace the devices.

Johnson & Johnson Sued Over Hip-Replacement Devices Recalled in August

Johnson & Johnson was sued by a California construction worker over an implanted hip-replacement device that the drugmaker stopped selling last month after defect reports surfaced.

I found this article on the annuloplasty devices

Alliance for Human Research Protection

Heart Valve Rings Slip Through FDA Loophole
Thursday, 26 May 2011
FDA's lax approval process for medical devices has shielded surgeons and manufacturers who have made a killing from a lucrative business venture. FDA has even awarded the seal of approval years after the rings were implanted in patients while still in the experimental stage--without their knowledge or informed consent.
A riveting, two-part investigative report by The Chicago Tribune, about the $100 billion a year, medical device industry focuses on the annuloplasty ring, which is surgically inserted to repair damaged heart valves.

The Tribune reports: " If you have a faulty heart valve and decide to get it replaced, a surgeon will implant an artificial one that has undergone rigorous examination by the Food and Drug Administration. But if you choose the option recommended for most patients — repairing your valve with an annuloplasty ring — there are no such guarantees, even though both devices are permanently stitched into the heart and considered life-sustaining.

"That's because, a decade ago, the FDA downgraded the regulatory class of the rings. Instead of being grouped with heart valves and implantable pacemakers, annuloplasty rings were put into a class with most catheters, sutures and hearing aids, which allows the medical device industry to gain approval for new rings without clinical studies."

FDA's lax approval process for medical devices has shielded surgeons and manufacturers who have made a killing from a lucrative business venture. FDA has even awarded the seal of approval years after the rings were implanted in patients while still in the experimental stage--without their knowledge or informed consent

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

v

you put your money where your mouth is and put it in yourself..

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I understand what you are saying, but as a patient, I damn well better know what is going to be done to me before the doctor does it.

I have quite a few medical issues, and I still don't take any medication, go through any procedure, or submit to any test without knowing all of the potential risks and benefits before I allow it.

If something like this had been done to me, then my doctor had better hope that the lawyers get to him before I do.

It is absolutely reprehensible that a medical professional would even consider doing something like this without fully informing his patient and getting there informed consent prior to doing it. This man should be brought up on charges and punished to the full extent of the law.

edit on 12-11-2011 by gamesmaster63 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
This kind of thing goes on all the time - just doesn't get reported very often.
Years ago I met a reporter from the Boston Globe who was writing a story about a crocodile extract that was used on patients without their consent. The patients went into the hospital for routine procedures and unbeknownst to them became test subjects. If memory serves the extract paralyzed them.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
What is shocking to me is that it is implied that all would be o.k. if this was an FDA approved device - that would make everything alright.

Are you kidding?

The FDA is guilty of fudging scientific reports from their own staff when it suits them as well as pharmaceutical buddies. They don't do the right kind of drug testing before they "approve" it for public use and people get killed because of this every day. The FDA is a bunch of murdering thieves.. but oh, it's o.k. if these murdering thieves stick one of their devices in a warm body for profit.

Wake up people. there is a larger issue here. i bet this doctor was not an evil Frankenstein type, he was probably trying to save lives when the FDA would have kept him from doing so. Perhaps this doctor didn't have the right pharmaceutical buddies or the right number of Benjamin Franklin's.
edit on 12-11-2011 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by angrymomma
reply to post by JibbyJedi

True that. I got canned for reporting the head nurse for stealing jewelery from the Alzheimer patients we took care of. She got a write up and then she fired me. No wonder people just walk by when they see someone getting attacked on the street.

They do walk on by if they are more concerned with their own interests, more than those of the people less able to defend their own interests.

That's what it is essentially boils down to. It's not about good or bad, nor is it about profits or losses, it's not even about right or wrong as strange as that may sound.

It's really all about self interests verses defending the interests of those who may not be as able to defend their own. It's whether or not the strong are willing or unwilling to fight for and defend the weak or the incapable among us.

And, due to rampant corporatism and profits becoming the new god for the strong, the weak and incapable are perceived as 'ungodly' or unworthy of care.

How often have we read on these very boards things like "The useless feeders" or "Leeches taking our wealth" or "So what about the poor or weak? Nobody ever gave me anything i didn't get out and earn for myself!"

It's the god of the new millennium and it's central message is selfishness.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

From a legal stand point, I wonder if a whistleblower would be better off filing time off via the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and then whistle blow (you would have to craft the reason). It would only postpone the inevitable, but there would at least be a cushion and the employee would be free from immediate fire and be able to craft a defense.

Nonetheless, as others have stated here - this is a Bizarro World. Everything that should be wrong is celebrated that which is right, get's punished. Sorry for your experience.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by stdscf12

Not surprising. I have a feeling that there is tons of medical experiments going on that we'll never know about.

If you have ever went under the knife then there is that possibly that you too have something either done to you or implanted in you that you do not know about.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

also, in bizzarro-world, pointing out that the nazis [and eugenicists] were never defeated,they just went underground, is responded with rolling eyes and shaking heads.

Ain't that the truth. Same for our supposed "Independence" from England. They just made deals behind closed doors, but publicly looked defeated to shut the people up. I live in "New England", USA... why would America keep these British colony names if they were our oppressors that were finally defeated? Wouldn't we rename these British colonies? I'd change New York to New America, and New England to Prima America or something non-British. Common sense isn't as common as they say it is.

This is number 3 on my list of most ignorant things i've ever heard.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join