It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mississippi voters reject anti-abortion initiative

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Open_Minded Skeptic

I didn't read that, incredible, my sister in law had a pregnancy in one of her tube, the tube busted she almost bleed to death.

This people that are behind some of this laws are really nothing but trying to bring the dark ages back in this century.

Very soon we will be voting to execute witches and the right to burn them.

Incredible.

edit on 9-11-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I didn't know that either. Thanks OMS.

Having had an ectopic pregnancy myself, I would be dead under this law...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Exactly.

Why is the PRO-freedom crowd ANTI-abortion?

This site infuriates me enough to where I have to use all-caps for certain words because otherwise, I'd be cursing up a storm.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Having had an ectopic pregnancy myself, I would be dead under this law...

And the world would be a poorer place.

Apologies for slight hijack...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by MasterGemini

And you're veering dangerously off-topic.

Always the first thing to happen when someone loses an argument.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

Exactly.

This site infuriates me enough to where I have to use all-caps for certain words because otherwise, I'd be cursing up a storm.

It is called the freedom to LIVE as one chooses not KILL as one chooses . . . .

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Oh sure, it's ok for us to murder each other but not ok for a woman to have an abortion.

You can't really compare the two.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Isn't that horrible, that they see the rights of a fetus to be above the rights of the mother, so lets kill the host and let the fetus live, when, one act of murder justify what they have tagged murder and people still doesn't get it.

Sorry to hear about your experience, my sister in law was working when she just collapse at the time her tube busted she fell unconscious while bleeding and she didn't even knew that she was pregnant at the time, my brother just had a vasectomy after three kids.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

It's called lip service... They want you to have the freedoms THEY agree with, but not the freedoms they don't like. They want you to have a gun, but they don't want you to ingest what they disapprove of. They want you to have the freedom to marry and breed, but not if they disapprove of your love for another... They want you to be free to choose to breed and have as many kids as you want... unless that number is zero.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

You mean like Al Sharpton?

There are whole organizations dedicated to "Liberal Evangelicals & Christians."

www.liberalevangelical.org...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Here's the real crux of it all. You can either have legalized and medically supervised abortions, or go back to the shady, clothes hanger doctors who endanger the lives of women who chose to have one, legal or not. If you are for freedom, then you are for freedom, regardless of your views. Similar to Ron Paul. He is anti-abortion, but also recognizes we should be free to make that choice. Government has no business interfering with our personal lives.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by MasterGemini
Its okay for a woman to kill the life growing inside her, defenseless, but not someone just walking around town?

Yes, it is.

What about the man, it takes two to tango? Why no choice for them if they have to pay child support afterwards?

The man's input in pregnancy ends at insemination. See, the way it works, if he decides to go au naturale, he's investing himself into taking responsibility for his own actions, whichever way it goes, right? So the deed is done. HIS choice is made. it is now the woman's turn to make a choice - to keep the child or no? The man has already given his input, and his wishes are no longer a consideration.

Use a condom or be ready to be called "daddy."

You sound like a flaming gay or a woman all hopped up on hopium and liberal sauce

And what could be worse than being gay or being a woman, right? What nonsense.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

Actually Ron Paul is completely, 100% and utterly in favor of the government invading women's uteruses. he just hides behind a little asterisk that says "not federal, though!" which is, of course, utterly beside the point (And a lie on his part, besides.) He's also introduced legislation (Sanctity of Life Act of 2005) that would have made it impossible for challenges to state abortion law to come before federal courts. Further, he introduced more legislation (We the People Act) with the aim of stripping the very notion of a right to privacy from consideration in federal courts. He also happily jumped on the bandwagon of instituting a federal ban on the performance of IDX procedures.

He's also a OB-GYN who believes life begins at fertilization. Which just chalks up another hashmark on my "Ron Paul is really rather dim" scorecard, since - as with this Mississippi legislation - that would mean that pretty much every sexually active women who has a period is a murderer (Lots of eggs are fertilized. Relatively few successfully implant in the uterine lining. Fewer still survive there to result in a pregnancy)

Are you sure you actually know the guy's positions?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik
If you are for freedom, then you are for freedom, regardless of your views. Similar to Ron Paul.

The Fox is correct. If Ron Paul REALLY supported freedom, he would be for it on the federal as well as the state level. He supports the 2nd amendment so he's not going to hand that over to the states, but a woman's body? Yeah, let the state decide...

Does it really matter if the clothes hangars are state-level as opposed to national? I don't think so.

Government has no business interfering with our personal lives.

Unless it's state government... Then it's OK. Paul needs to change his position on this before I'll vote for him.
edit on 11/10/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

And you're a worthless piece of # that needs to look beyond the world you live in.

Didn't want to go there but you practically begged for it. Who's the real flamer now?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

This is GOOD! A real slapdown th the Religious Right, who wants to outlaw any abortion for any reason. I was right here when my son was born. The doctor allowed me to stand directly behind him. I saw the head come out, then the upper body, then the legs and feet. The doctor slapped the feet a little, and my son sucked in his first breath of air. At this point, I saw clearly a Spiritual Form descend into that little body. I asked the doctor, "did you see that?" He replied, "son, I see that all the time." I will agree that the Spirit watches over the fetus, but does not occupy to make a full, sentient human being until the birth. A law like this would also cripple Stem Cell Research. Good for you, People of Mississippi!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
If conception resulted in a "person" immediately, there would not be so many spontaneous miscarriages.
The fetus can not be a "person" until there is some development.

www.mayoclinic.com...

Miscarriage is the spontaneous loss of a pregnancy before the 20th week. About 15 to 20 percent of known pregnancies end in miscarriage. But the actual number is probably much higher because many miscarriages occur so early in pregnancy that a woman doesn't even know she's pregnant. Most miscarriages occur because the fetus isn't developing normally.

Miscarriage is a relatively common experience — but that doesn't make it any easier. Take a step toward emotional healing by understanding what can cause a miscarriage, what increases the risk and what medical care might be needed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join