It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the 'Canadian Loch Ness Monster' Caught on Video?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Source

A man visiting British Columbia's Lake Okanagan last week claims to have captured video of Ogopogo, Canada's version of the Loch Ness Monster.

According to a report in the Vancouver Sun, "An Okanagan man has video he says proves the Ogopogo may be more than just a figment of our imagination. Richard Huls says he always believed in the possibility of the monster rumored to be living in Okanagan Lake. Last Thursday, while visiting a West Kelowna winery, Huls shot video that he believes proves something does indeed live in the water. 'It was not going with the waves,' Huls said. 'It was not a wave obviously, just a darker color. The size and the fact that they were not parallel with the waves made me think it had to be something else."

Ogopogo, some believe, has its roots in native Canadian Indian legends that told of a beast called N'ha-a-itk that would demand a live sacrifice from travelers for safe passage across Lake Okanagan. Hundreds of years ago, whenever Indians would venture into the lake, they brought chickens or other small animals to kill and drop into the water to assure a protected journey. It's clear, however, that these stories were not referring to a literal lake monster but instead to a legendary water spirit, and are not historical evidence for Ogopogo.

The 1968 footage mentioned in the Source...

So, what do you think? Could this just be waves coming in at a strange angle? Could it just be bigger fish creating a wake behind them? or could this possible be the Ogopogo?

I am no expert on the matter, but I found the video interesting, as I do almost anything on the subject, so I had to share it. The wake appears to be pretty stationary so maybe he or she was relaxing in the shallows...

Any thoughts?

Pred...
edit on 7-11-2011 by predator0187 because: Forgot the source...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Why oh why oh why oh why is there just a 31 sec video!? I would fill the memory on my camera!! Walk down there! Take a car and film it down by the edge! Why can't people think!?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I love Canada

We have sasquatch, the loch ness monster,
And Canada has.. The ogopogo,
Best name ever

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
looks like submerged logs on a sand bank ...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
man people are gullible, at least have half decent footage. Its either where a current dips off or like stated, debris in a sandbank or the likes.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
well, it was filmed in b.c. most likely one or all of the people present when the filming of ogopogo took place were under the influence of extreme amounts of beer and a substance that violates the terms and conditions of ats.

edit on 7-11-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Ack, just once I'd like to watch one of these videos and see some massive beast from the likes of Van Helsing rise up and spit water, or scratch it's head with a flipper or something! But no. It's a shaky-handed photographer capturing a school of fish, maybe?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Ogopogo?!

c'mon canada we can do better

link   
delete me
edit on 7-11-2011 by el1jah because: (no reason given)

link   
Well, maybe the monster is looking exactly like a log.

Kind of an evolutionary skill. It IS still alive where so many other monsters have died... Makes you think, no?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Burgo1010

Yeah thats what i thought of aswel. Looks like two trim down trees just under the surface of the water. Their both about the same size and dont move or really do anything.

Maybe theirs logging nearby

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Im from that area. The news story said the man was at a winery with his wife and they both saw it. They filmed it from the winery.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
While this post will probably go unnoticed, i've got another theory on the video that i'd like you guys to consider....

I'd be almost willing to bet money that the man filming the video is NOT the original witness....

My money is on the woman in the background...

I'd also be willing to bet that what she was actually pointing out was the 'creature' farther out into the water, while the camera man decided to focus on the wakes instead.....

Throughout the video, you can see what appears to be a very large fish shaped shadow just a little deeper out, behind the wake....The shadow changes it's position several times, and at a few different pause points you can even make out a tail and a dorsal fin....

What it is, i can't be certain....While it fits the shape of a fish, it would have to be a veeeeeeeery large fish...

Upon further investigation but MUCH less solid, there appear to be two other large fish shaped shadows shallower than the wake, a little closer to the shore....These shadows however are harder to make out than the first shadow i mentioned....

I call it a fail on the camera man's part to focus in on what the original witness actually saw....It actually hurts the footage, drawing the viewers attention away from the witnesses intended target.....

Even in this thread, most people focused on the wake and immediately dismissed the footage....

The vid again....

edit on 8-11-2011 by OneEleven because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Thanks for the thread, pred.

For as long as I can remember ive been interested in Ogopogo.

If anyone wants to learn more about the Ogopogo, here's a thread I made a little while ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Cheers
edit on 8-11-2011 by FoxMulder91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by OneEleven

I agree, I think the black thing above the wakes in the water is the target.

Considering that there's so much tourist infrastructure built into the lake, the big things depicted in the film appear to be some old artificial thing rotting in the lake. but it's hard to tell from this footage, I must admit.

The black thing in the water approximately 15ft away from the big objects appears to be around 20ft long and is probably what the witnesses saw as unusual.

My dad said that he saw Ogopogo decades ago, along with a crowd of people from the shore. He didn't describe it as some mystical creature flying out of the water; more like a large moving marine creature just barely breaking the surface, yet was clearly not just a log (the general feeling among the witnesses was that this was definitely not normal).

I'll tell you guys one thing though: I'll never go into a swimming depth in that lake. F*ck that sh*t

EDIT:

Aw crap, forget my first analysis!

Just re-watched the footage and I clearly see that one of the big objects is moving (in comparison to the stationary structure right under it). I can even see the creature itself making the wake, and it is definitely a large marine animal. That's some crazy stuff right there.

Pay attention at around 25secs in and you can clearly see at least one of them moving in through the water
edit on 9-11-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by OneEleven

yeah, I noticed that also when I first watched. The jackwad filming was way off mark!! The large creature broke surface a few times out further and cause all the ruckus the guy was filming.

You can clearly see the dark object farther away under the surface ...with darker areas on it breaking the surface.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
I love Canada

We have sasquatch, the loch ness monster,
And Canada has.. The ogopogo,
Best name ever

Im sorry , but are you claiming the loch ness monster is from the USA?

You do realise loch ness is in scotland i presume?

May I ask what the water level of the lake is compared to the last few years , is it low , which may make things more noticable under the water than if was at its usual water level?
edit on 10-11-2011 by gambon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by gambon

I think that they mean Champ.

I don't know about the op's film.......Nothing for me to get excited about.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I was not trying to be a thread killer

I was wondering if someone could take a few snapshots of it and post.

I would but, I'm dumb

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
All I see is wind swell crossing a rip tide...both vids. Sorry. I'm a waterman & would very much like these things to show themselves but, imo there's nothing here.

<<   2 >>

join